Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 26, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #9,061 of 9,690
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my Ted's Headphone Lounge custom Hybrid cable (see my sig for details).  I just sold my TF 10s and the buyer wanted the stock cable, so I have the custom one sitting here.  Less than half-price, I think there may be 20 hours max on it, perfect condition.  I really liked what it did for the sound of my TF 10s.  (I'm now using Dunu 1000s and Altone200s.)

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #9,062 of 9,690
Haven't been around here hardly at all in quite a while so just stopping by to say gdamn I still LOVE my TF10s.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #9,064 of 9,690
TF10 is awesome. No reason to go any higher.

Agreed. I've tried a number of others and the price-to-performance ratio just doesn't cut it for me. I adore the very gentle curve of the TF10 sound sig, it's just right but still accurate enough that I can mix with them. After years the phones I've kept around are these lovelies and my old pair of SuperFi5 pros that i use for mixing regularly because they're much flatter, and I travel with those simply because they're cheaper and I wouldn't be as gutted if something happened. Anyhow. Yeah - still a staunch TF10 advocate. :)

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #9,069 of 9,690
Are these still purchasable anywhere?

If you live in US/CAN you might find it more used and new ones...amazon.com sells them 75% of its original street price and even sold for close to $100 tho,long back......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_?ie=UTF8&k=triplefi+10+earphones

there are some sellers who ship from HK,so find them as they cld directly deliver it to you from HK,if you live elsewhere.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Consumer-Electronics-/293/i.html?isNewKw=1&epp=24&itemId=&isRefine=true&mfs=SBCLK&acimp=0&sqp=triplefi+10&trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR5.TRC1.Xtriplefi+10&redirect=mobile&_nkw=triplefi+10

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #9,073 of 9,690
Does the price of tf10 on amazon will eventually drop maybe during black friday this year?

Well its not going to be anymore imho,but once it came down to as close to $100 during a BF (not TGIF :wink: ) tho.....so its like a day dreamer if I would expect the same, to happen again......no offense pls, I just meant me....

Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer), so no more black friday sale this year.

True,to the fact that mfr discontinued......long back.

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #9,075 of 9,690
Not A/B, but I own TF10 and have heard the IE800 a couple of times; I'll have a pair soon, actually, so I can do a proper A/B some time later this week.

From memory, the IE800 has a noticeably bigger, more cohesive soundstage with better dimensionality. It's also a touch warmer than the TF10, with better bass texture and extension; it definitely digs deeper. The biggest improvement is dynamics, IMO: the IE800 has the depth to match its width, and isn't as in-your-face as the TF10. The treble has a silkier, less metallic, more natural quality, but is still emphasized enough to make it more exciting than a strictly "neutral" presentation. It's still a colored earphone, but its timber is amazing and it presents music holistically, vs the somewhat dissected sense that I get from the TF10. I'd say IE800 is a great upgrade from the TF10. I could be happy with the TF10 indefinitely, but the IE800 is noticeably better, unless you like the cold sound of the TF10; the IE800 is a bit warmer, but closer to truly neutral overall.

Quote:
  Has anyone compared the beloved Triple Fi's to the IE800?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back