Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #9,076 of 9,690
I just picked up some Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10s with the FiiO RC-UE2 cable. When I listen to them, the singer seems to be just a tad to the left on all songs, is this normal with these headphones, I just thought they would be center like some other headphones. I am using the comply tips.

Thanks

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #9,077 of 9,690
I just picked up some Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10s with the FiiO RC-UE2 cable. When I listen to them, the singer seems to be just a tad to the left on all songs, is this normal with these headphones, I just thought they would be center like some other headphones. I am using the comply tips.

Thanks

Depending on the mastering, recording of the song it's not unusual for vocalists to be off centre, once you learn a few recordings you begin to remember where they should be, that's the hopeful scenario. The bad one is the IEM may be suffering some kind of channel imbalance, the best way to test is run a track in mono instead of stereo (you can download one somewhere) then test to see if the music is dead centre. Also, check you have a proper seal with well fitted tips, this can also effect the outcome.

Owning several headphones it's actually not unusual for some vocals 'slightly' different to another, but, if your vocals are pulling dramatically to one side you have a problem , which could be several things like a driver gone out or something clogging / partially blocking the nozzle or filters on you TF10.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #9,078 of 9,690
Thanks, Its on all of the songs I listen to, and I put my UE 400s in, and the singer is dead center. I was afraid that it maybe an imbalance thing, just enough to have the vocals move to the left a little, Its not like way off to one side, just a little bit. I have put my other headphones in, and its dead center, and I have played around with the fitting also. 

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #9,079 of 9,690

Thanks

you should try oyaide rhodium cable.. that cable is so much better than fiio.. :D

besides oyaide you can look lune series from null audio.. if you think fiio is good enough is cool with me..  :p

http://www.null-audio.com/products/lune-series-mkiii-premium-upgrade-cable-for-earphones

10646721_819535558076860_5895168814684697438_n.jpg

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #9,081 of 9,690
  The fiio cable came with up the ones I bought. I will be definitely changing the cables and looking at customs down the road. But before i upgrade cables, I got to figure out the issue with the singers being a little to the left. 

Just move a couple of steps to your left, that should fix it.
gs1000.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #9,083 of 9,690
You could try (carefully) removing the cable and cleaning the contacts. Blow air over the nozzles, use a cleaning tool and lightly clean the surface of the filters (inside the nozzle) It could also be one of the balanced armatures is going faulty, but living. Maybe they've always been like that since day one and you unfortunately bought someone else's problem. First, I would try removing / refitting the cable then clean the nozzles / filters (carefully) best you can.

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #9,087 of 9,690
I tried the flip mod, and its still to the left a little, so that tells me its not the drivers, so I will clean them up, and make sure my ears are really clean. Do you think it could be the cable by any chance. The flip mod does help alot with the fit. 

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #9,088 of 9,690
I tried the flip mod, and its still to the left a little, so that tells me its not the drivers, so I will clean them up, and make sure my ears are really clean. Do you think it could be the cable by any chance. The flip mod does help alot with the fit. 

yes for the fit,with the flip mod....did you catch up with flu/severe cold lately?....and one simple self experiment...just close your nose(nostrils) and blow,see if u feel some pressure make the lef.t ear unlocked, atleast for some under 2-5 mins...

Btw,believe this left ear problem happens to your recently acquired TF10?not with other phones?....so its better to visit ENT physician to get your ear cleaned.....

Edit>>> nothing to do with the cable...so stop your invest on a cable....if the cable is bad,it will either a channel totally dead or cuts out very often due to dying cable strands...

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #9,090 of 9,690
When I plug in some Ultimate Ears 500 in the same source, same songs, the singers are a little more center than the Triple Fi 10. I just bought the Triple Fi 10s friday. So they are new to me. 

Ok so you know what is next then....:wink:
edit: so you got them used? As it came along with fiio cable not with the stock one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back