Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #8,626 of 9,690
  when i had my first impressions done in florence alabama it cost $25 total but that was 5 years ago.  i think if you go to a smaller town it might be cheaper.
i found no sound change from stock at all.
i always use INEARZ (lil fish).

Very pretty!

i was A/Bing the my westone 4/ se535 and the tf10...... bass is soooo lush on the tf10 super tight, deep and controlled and great depth....i wish it was a little more demanding but at times with certain songs im astonished at how low the tf10's go....for bass the tf10 imo blow both the 535 and w4/r out of the water.

i fall in love with the tf10 every time i hear them.

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #8,628 of 9,690
Man I miss my TF10...wasn't worth the fit issues as is, but kinda wish I'd just gone for a reshell and called it quits like watagump...smart guy, that one...

You get rep, since you are correct, I am smart.
beerchug.gif

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #8,629 of 9,690
Man I miss my TF10...wasn't worth the fit issues as is, but kinda wish I'd just gone for a reshell and called it quits like watagump...smart guy, that one...

yeah i hear that, i was able to get a pair for 110 shipped and then i sold them, and moved to the w4r and se535...then i started missing the tf10,personally i had no fit issues...but then the tf10 heave pretty much steadily climbed up in price... and i was then again able to find another pair for a great price pretty much new condition. these arent going anywhere this time.

i have always said i feel like the tf10 are the best IEM you can get from under 200.00 bar none IMO..just feel like they hold a special place and sound.

i easily feel like the tf10 compete with the se535 and w4r, all be it, they all have different signatures to offer. the tf10 are excellent

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #8,630 of 9,690
The TF10 just sounds too good to just say forget it about.  I loved the sound so much I wanted to reshell them to keep them.  If it hadn't have been for the guy who originally got his TFs reshelled by Inearz, I wouldn't have had the faith to get mine reshelled too.  Over 3 years old now and going strong..  

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #8,631 of 9,690
gotta give love to these guys again. while other IEM's are talked about mostly by their newer models, the triple.fi 10 have just plugged along, the original talked about more often than not with the current models of every other IEM manufacturer. they are just fun as fook to listen to. great soundstage, nice bass, smooth sound. LOVE THESE MOFOS!

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #8,632 of 9,690
  gotta give love to these guys again. while other IEM's are talked about mostly by their newer models, the triple.fi 10 have just plugged along, the original talked about more often than not with the current models of every other IEM manufacturer. they are just fun as fook to listen to. great soundstage, nice bass, smooth sound. LOVE THESE MOFOS!

Completely Agree, as far as Universals From Ultimate Ears, The TF10  are a staple point. period

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #8,633 of 9,690
Not trying to sabotage the TF10's thread, but guys, to all of you who actually own the TF10 should definitely consider the DUNU's DN-1000. They are the natural continuation to the TF10's greatness. (Being a TF10 lover myself, it was actually the first BA IEM I owned). Both are fantastic IEM's, but trust me, the DUNU's are all I never thought the TF10's could be. Punchier, faster, cleaner, airier.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #8,634 of 9,690
  Not trying to sabotage the TF10's thread, but guys, to all of you who actually own the TF10 should definitely consider the DUNU's DN-1000. They are the natural continuation to the TF10's greatness. (Being a TF10 lover myself, it was actually the first BA IEM I owned). Both are fantastic IEM's, but trust me, the DUNU's are all I never thought the TF10's could be. Punchier, faster, cleaner, airier.

Going back to any non custom and having to deal with tips will be very hard for me to do.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #8,637 of 9,690

Going back to any non custom and having to deal with tips will be very hard for me to do

Wise man... completely forgot about customs. But well, not all of us can get our hands on CIEMS, so I'll add to my previous statement, If looking to upgrade from TF10 to a brilliant universal, the DUNU's are the way to go. Btw, I've always wondered, by going customs, do you actually get to achieve an IEM with perfect frequency response? I mean, is the actual frequency range that comes out from the IEM the very one your ears will listen? As far as I understand, some weird resonance occurs within the ear canal which makes the sound perceived by the ear to be different than the actual thing coming out of the IEM.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #8,638 of 9,690
Today my 3rd pair of TF10 arrived after selling them twice before. They still sound good as I remember. This time round Im running them with Studio V 3rd Anv edition loving that powerful engaging TF10 sound, the Studio really extracts their clarity and detail.. Now, just to wait for my silver plated cable which is running late.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #8,639 of 9,690
  Wise man... completely forgot about customs. But well, not all of us can get our hands on CIEMS, so I'll add to my previous statement, If looking to upgrade from TF10 to a brilliant universal, the DUNU's are the way to go. Btw, I've always wondered, by going customs, do you actually get to achieve an IEM with perfect frequency response? I mean, is the actual frequency range that comes out from the IEM the very one your ears will listen? As far as I understand, some weird resonance occurs within the ear canal which makes the sound perceived by the ear to be different than the actual thing coming out of the IEM.

Take the money you would spend on the DN-1000, get the TF10 reshelled, you now have customs. I have to admit, I have always been intrigued by the hybrids using BA and Dynamic drivers though.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #8,640 of 9,690
Today my 3rd pair of TF10 arrived after selling them twice before. They still sound good as I remember. This time round Im running them with Studio V 3rd Anv edition loving that powerful engaging TF10 sound, the Studio really extracts their clarity and detail.. Now, just to wait for my silver plated cable which is running late.

Psst, make a decision and stick with it.
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back