Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 25, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #8,596 of 9,690
FWIW, the Monster gel Supertips are my favorite with the TF10. Very clear sound with huge (and realistic) soundstage. For a quick and easy fit warm the tips up first by wrapping a finger around it for 30-40 seconds before inserting it into your ear.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #8,597 of 9,690
Hey if I am not too late for the party, I think I have some standard UE tips and I am in Sydney... Just let me check when I get home after Boxing Day?

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #8,598 of 9,690
  Hey if I am not too late for the party, I think I have some standard UE tips and I am in Sydney... Just let me check when I get home after Boxing Day?

Hi Adrain,

We've already organized and I assume oldudde has posted them, as last I heard they were all packed up and almost on there way. Thanks very much for the offer though, it;s a wonderful thought and very generous of you.

Enjoy your Christmas evening. :)

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #8,600 of 9,690
Guess I'm sticking with ear tips.  Every audiologist I've called (7-8 of them) wants $70/85 per ear.  I don't want to reshell my TF 10s THAT much, especially with the cost of the reshelling on top of this.  If I start driving all over LA (Irvine, for instance) for cheaper,  it'll be hours in traffic plus gas.  I'll just keep getting Comply tips.  Oh well. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #8,601 of 9,690
  Guess I'm sticking with ear tips.  Every audiologist I've called (7-8 of them) wants $70/85 per ear.  I don't want to reshell my TF 10s THAT much, especially with the cost of the reshelling on top of this.  If I start driving all over LA (Irvine, for instance) for cheaper,  it'll be hours in traffic plus gas.  I'll just keep getting Comply tips.  Oh well. 
biggrin.gif

You could always go the DIY kit and try yourself.

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #8,602 of 9,690
Probably best to avoid sticking something in my ear and letting it harden.  
L3000.gif

"Danger, Will Robinson."

If I go to Disneyland for a couple of days, I may pm you for your guy's name, as then I could take advantage of being over there (I'm on the coast, in Ventura Co).

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #8,603 of 9,690
biggrin.gif

I still dont know why they're charging so much in your area. I went to get mine done this morning and it only took 10 minutes of the audiologist time. I was in and out within 15 minutes 

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #8,604 of 9,690
Not even a moneyed area here.  I've tried the ones recommended by UE and others chosen at random.  All about the same.  Maybe it's county-wide price fixing?    In any event, I don't feel comfortable sticking stuff in my ears on my own.  So Comply for the near future.  If anyone on this thread knows of someone close to Ventura County, please let me know.  Unfortunately, Irvine is a real schlep from here.  I was going to look into ones in Santa Barbara, but that seems counter-intuitive, as the place is rich-rich.  

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #8,605 of 9,690
I really like the sound on my TF10 but I'm tired of the comfort issues i have with them. I'm one of the unlucky ones I guess. Has anyone had theirs reshelled by kozee or um or inearz? Does it mess with the sound too much? Just curious if it's worth the bother or whether it's time to  sell them and maybe give ue900 or westone a shot. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #8,606 of 9,690
  I really like the sound on my TF10 but I'm tired of the comfort issues i have with them. I'm one of the unlucky ones I guess. Has anyone had theirs reshelled by kozee or um or inearz? Does it mess with the sound too much? Just curious if it's worth the bother or whether it's time to  sell them and maybe give ue900 or westone a shot. 

Kozee = run away, InEarZ = HECK YES. Sound stays the same, you just get the fit correct, not to mention a custom look that YOU want.

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #8,608 of 9,690
Inearz!  Kozee are you nuts??  Noone has sent anything to them in a long time for a good reason!  Inearz will treat you right!

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #8,609 of 9,690
 Originally Posted by brencho 

UM fit and quality is good, but i dont know about the changes in the sound since I went for the upgrade option instead. Just in case you change your mind, here is what i did to get the good fit for TF10

I used sony tips and decored shure olive. If it feels too tight in your ear, cut the back of the olive bit by bit until you get the right fit.
You do not have to cut it uniformly, just cut a bit at the part where it is uncomfortable. Hope this helps
End result, less thumping noise while you are walking,comfortwise I found it is the best for me

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #8,610 of 9,690

UM fit and quality is good, but i dont know about the changes in the sound since I went for the upgrade option instead. Just in case you change your mind, here is what i did to get the good fit for TF10

I used sony tips and decored shure olive. If it feels too tight in your ear, cut the back of the olive bit by bit until you get the right fit.
You do not have to cut it uniformly, just cut a bit at the part where it is uncomfortable. Hope this helps
End result, less thumping noise while you are walking,comfortwise I found it is the best for me

Double/dual tips are you saying?? Interesting I have to get some olives then and try that for my self. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back