Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #8,581 of 9,690
Yes I finally have some disposable income and had these TF10s for 3 years from the first Amazon Black Friday sale. I'm getting ear impressions on the 26th and hoping to send them out by the end of the week to InEarZ. My standard cables would work with the inearz reshell right? Or would I have to send in my cables along with my TF10 

The pin size is different. My humble suggestion: ask for the standard pin configuration (the same inearz, jhaudio and westone use) and use the cable from inearz.

Stock Pin Size Chart.
Cable Size (inches) Size (mm)
Jerry Harvey Audio JH16 0.029 0.75
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 0.027 0.68

As you can see, the cables are not interchangeable.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #8,583 of 9,690
  Yes I finally have some disposable income and had these TF10s for 3 years from the first Amazon Black Friday sale. I'm getting ear impressions on the 26th and hoping to send them out by the end of the week to InEarZ. My standard cables would work with the inearz reshell right? Or would I have to send in my cables along with my TF10 

Tell them to use the stock TF10 socket, you will be good to go.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #8,585 of 9,690

Tell them to use the stock TF10 socket, you will be good to go.

Ok thanks. if I order one of their cables, will I be able to use it with the TF10 socket as a backup cable? 

Are you in the US?  Cheapest quote so far is 125-150 which is really out of line.

Yeah US. I checked the forums here and that seems to be the average price($50) for impressions. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #8,586 of 9,690

Ok thanks. if I order one of their cables, will I be able to use it with the TF10 socket as a backup cable? 

Yeah US. I checked the forums here and that seems to be the average price($50) for impressions. 

Never used the InEarZ cable, but I have used quite a few cables with my customs and the stock sockets. Best thing to do is talk with Kaysen and decide what cable and socket to go with. I recently had my cable in for repairs and had different connectors put on to make a tighter fit into the sockets.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #8,588 of 9,690
The cable InEarz uses is the same as any other stock cable. That stock cable is just fine. I would use that cable if I was going to get something reshelled since that pin is what the majority of ciem uses and if you want custom cables there are many options for that. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #8,589 of 9,690
  The cable InEarz uses is the same as any other stock cable. That stock cable is just fine. I would use that cable if I was going to get something reshelled since that pin is what the majority of ciem uses and if you want custom cables there are many options for that. 

Thanks. The next few weeks of waiting will be hard but worth it. TF10s have serve me well 

What part/side of US. I 'm on West Coast near LA, wondering if that's why prices so high.

Texas. I don't see why they would cost so much considering it would only take the audiologist 30 minutes of their time and safely put in silicone in your ear.  $100+....damn 

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #8,592 of 9,690
I found the sony hybrids to have too narrow of a bore opening thus effecting the mids and highs, if you look at the silicone tips that come with the tf10 they have a much more open design, thus highs and lows/ just my opinion

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #8,593 of 9,690
Or these guys?  Or are they both wrong?  I'm in California so shipping could be slow, but if you can't find anyone closer who has 'em, let me know and I'll send them along to you.

These ones. What are you doing with them? Are they just hanging around? :)

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #8,594 of 9,690
Yep, living on my couch and drinking my beer (I don't really drink beer, but it sounded better than ...my Cognac).

I use Comply tips.  These are just in a bag.  You want 'em, you can have 'em.  PM me your particulars if you wish, and I'll put 'em in the mail  You should get them in 2014 (normally a joke re snail mail but since New Years is fast approaching....).  Never mailed anything to Australia before, assume the snail will be very slow.

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #8,595 of 9,690
Yep, living on my couch and drinking my beer (I don't really drink beer, but it sounded better than ...my Cognac).

I use Comply tips.  These are just in a bag.  You want 'em, you can have 'em.  PM me your particulars if you wish, and I'll put 'em in the mail  You should get them in 2014 (normally a joke re snail mail but since New Years is fast approaching....).  Never mailed anything to Australia before, assume the snail will be very slow.

Excellent news! 2014 it is. Pm sent. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back