Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #8,536 of 9,690
What staggers me, is the Comply users with the TF10. As you all will know, Comply tips are not cheap and need to be replaced regularly. For the money that is being spent on them, it would be better spent on a reshell and never worry about fit again. The only argument I can see against getting a reshell is if you wanted to sell the TF10's again at some point.

Reshelling my TF10's transformed them from something that was difficult to wear and a constant source of tip changes, to something I forget is in my ears and that I can wear a hat with, without appearing as if someone has hammered spark plugs into my ears 
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #8,538 of 9,690
  Where to reshell my TF10 in Europe? Any recommendations? Price/Quality/FIT ?
Did anyone tried Cosmic Ears: ?
http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/cer/

Interesting is the upgrade option - did anyone tried to add an extra Dynamic Driver??? I don't think so. :)

I have the same question, has anyone upgrade the TF10 with the extra dynamic or the extra bass driver?? I would like to know the sonic differences and which one will suit me best. Thanks 

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #8,539 of 9,690
  What staggers me, is the Comply users with the TF10. As you all will know, Comply tips are not cheap and need to be replaced regularly. For the money that is being spent on them, it would be better spent on a reshell and never worry about fit again. The only argument I can see against getting a reshell is if you wanted to sell the TF10's again at some point.

Reshelling my TF10's transformed them from something that was difficult to wear and a constant source of tip changes, to something I forget is in my ears and that I can wear a hat with, without appearing as if someone has hammered spark plugs into my ears 
biggrin.gif

did it change them sonically at all better or worse?

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #8,540 of 9,690
  did it change them sonically at all better or worse?

It doesn't alter the sound of them as such, but because you are getting better isolation, it accentuates the TF10's 'V' shaped sound signature. If it is the case that you love the TF10 sound, then it just becomes more "TF10'ey" if that makes sense 
biggrin.gif

In short, if you love the TF10 sound, then you will love it even more in a custom shell.

It is also possible to get extra drivers added if you so wished. Cosmic Ears in Sweden will add a driver for you if you want, and there are other people too, who can do the same, though that will clearly alter the sound signature.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #8,541 of 9,690
  Where to reshell my TF10 in Europe? Any recommendations? Price/Quality/FIT ?
Did anyone tried Cosmic Ears: ?
http://www.cosmicears.com/shop/cer/

Interesting is the upgrade option - did anyone tried to add an extra Dynamic Driver??? I don't think so. :)

I did. I was the first experiment with Cosmic Ears for the addition of a dynamic driver and for me, it gave too much mid-bass bloat and I had it removed again.

It is my understanding however, that Cosmic Ears can add an additional BA driver instead though and that is another option.

Addition of drivers, you should discuss with them and understand what the changes will be, because clearly it will change the TF10's presentation.

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #8,543 of 9,690
Dark Lord replacement cable didnt even last 6 months before snapping at the base of a pin.  opened up teh compartment cant it isnt even reparable with a solder.

1 ear listening till i find a good replacement.  something with a much more comfortable cord this time would be great.  dont want to break the bank either.

I preferred the sound of silver over the original coppers it came with but i'd be happy for copper again if its got a better cord and wont break 6 months later.

The worst thing is any cables to australia come through hong kong.  Hong kong has stopped shipping to Australia till early january!  Maybe i'll try this solder thing...

Dec 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #8,544 of 9,690
I did. I was the first experiment with Cosmic Ears for the addition of a dynamic driver and for me, it gave too much mid-bass bloat and I had it removed again.

[/quote]

Thanks!
Did You add the one for the extra bass or the other one?

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #8,545 of 9,690
I'm thinking about a reshell, but am concerned about how the TF 10 will sound while walking with the new shells.  Anyone out there walk while listening to music?  I only listen while walking, so am concerned about microphonics from the new shells.  Any info happily listened to.  :)

Someone suggested InEarZ, in Florida, for the reshell.  Anyone know of anyone closer than that to California that is reputable?

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #8,546 of 9,690
I walk around all the time in my customs no noises, I think the microphonics are mostly due to cable noises, and I don't get any with my customs. 

I would highly recommend going with Inearz, they are fast, great customer service, price, turn around time, and great product.

Quote:
  I'm thinking about a reshell, but am concerned about how the TF 10 will sound while walking with the new shells.  Anyone out there walk while listening to music?  I only listen while walking, so am concerned about microphonics from the new shells.  Any info happily listened to.  :)

Someone suggested InEarZ, in Florida, for the reshell.  Anyone know of anyone closer than that to California that is reputable?

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #8,547 of 9,690

Thanks!
Did You add the one for the extra bass or the other one?[/quote]

Extra bass. Or to be precise, what I was actually after was better bass extension in the sub-bass area, which is notoriously difficult to achieve with BA drivers and I was hoping to achieve with the addition of a dynamic.

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #8,548 of 9,690
I've started calling audiologists in Southern Cal and the quotes I'm getting for impressions are running $100-150.  That seems high, especially from what I've been reading on this site.  Anyone care to comment?  Or suggest someone near Los Angeles/Santa Barbara area?

Thanks.

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #8,549 of 9,690
I would go to the various ciem websites like UE, JH Audio, etc and take a look at their recommended audiologists and see if any of them is someone you have not called yet. $100-150 really is too much for ear impressions. I would pay $75 max. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back