Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 29, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #2,911 of 9,690
That's UE's "eco-friendly" packaging. You get that box when you order directly from UE, I'm told. The seller I bought that from said he bought several off of amazon during the $99 gold box deal, and half of them came in this box. If you look through the slickdeals thread about this deal, you'll see several people wondering about this box and why they got it, lol. I guess they shipped a bunch of these to amazon for whatever reason. I'm glad they did. This box is WAY better than the bulky blister-pack hanger-tagged UE retail box. This i can slide between books on a shelf for storage!

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #2,912 of 9,690
So I just noticed how poorly recorded/compressed my music sounds, even my 320kbps music, which is strange. Playing the trips straight from the 3g Itouch, I play a 320kbps song for a little bit, then play a preview of that song at the Itunes store... Every time, the sound of the music coming from the Itunes store is much more upfront, spacious, detailed, and impactful. Does the Itunes store play even higher than 320kbps? I don't have much choice in the bitrate of music I receive, I'll get between 192kbps and 256kbps if I'm lucky...

But here I thought I needed to buy another DAC to make the itouch sound good! Clearly it's the music files.

Edit: I should clarify, since I wrote this just after comparing my 64kbps E.S. Posthumus music to the Itunes store preview. As you might imagine it sounded obnoxiously muffled compared to what played on Itunes...
Anyways, in my 320kbps music there is still some improvement in the Itunes store copy, nothing drastic though.

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #2,913 of 9,690
The iTunes store's music previews is probably EQd with all kinds of horrible surround sound SRSWOW effects. I would highly doubt it is greater than 320k.

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #2,914 of 9,690
Anyone got a site that sells a replacement cable that ships to Canada? Accidentally pulled on the cable a bit too hard, pulled the covering a bit too hard, and the plastic covering got pulled out, so getting a replacement cable just for backup, but can't find any sites that ship to Canada.

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #2,915 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone got a site that sells a replacement cable that ships to Canada? Accidentally pulled on the cable a bit too hard, pulled the covering a bit too hard, and the plastic covering got pulled out, so getting a replacement cable just for backup, but can't find any sites that ship to Canada.

I would call up Logitech directly. I was looking for some extra ear pads to buy and they said they weren't set up for selling to Canada, so they just mailed them FedEx to me for free!

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #2,918 of 9,690
jesus christ, 99 bucks for CABLES? I've never been a believer in cable-voodoo.

Has anyone tried sticking the silicone tips that come with the new metro.fi/super.fis on these yet? when i briefly had the newer super.fi 5s, the tips felt and worked great. A set of them is 10 bucks from logitech. Hmmmmmmm.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #2,919 of 9,690
Has anyone tried these with T400 comply tips?

I just put them on after running out of T500 tips and due to the slightly longer tip, they are so much more comfortable.

Bass seems even larger though...Although it's always seemed to be bassy

Everything sounds more natural though, since I'm not constantly feeling the headphones in my ears.

The tips are hard to take of though. Already ripped one when I tried to compare with the T500, so instead of ripping both trying to take them off, I put another T400 on.

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #2,920 of 9,690
metro.Fi tips are horrible, why would you want to use those? They have the same tips as the Super.Fi's, at least my Super.Fi 3's and these Triple.Fi 10's have the same tips.

The complies work great on these. Not sure which model I'm using I forget, whether it's T400 or T500. Bass is quite tight, and the rest of the sound is great. I don't hear any of the purported sibilance some people mention, either.

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #2,921 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
metro.Fi tips are horrible, why would you want to use those? They have the same tips as the Super.Fi's, at least my Super.Fi 3's and these Triple.Fi 10's have the same tips.

The complies work great on these. Not sure which model I'm using I forget, whether it's T400 or T500. Bass is quite tight, and the rest of the sound is great. I don't hear any of the purported sibilance some people mention, either.

The tips that came on my Super.fi 5 (not the Pro or EB) were way different than the ones that came on my older Super.fi 3s and Triple.fis....they were a lot softer and seemed thinner.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #2,923 of 9,690
have anyone tried both the shure olives (modded) and sony hybrid tips on the tf 10? want to know which 1 is better

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #2,925 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have anyone tried both the shure olives (modded) and sony hybrid tips on the tf 10? want to know which 1 is better

the tf10 is the only pair of earphones that i've had where the olives weren't the final solution for tips. I find the hybrids much more comfortable and better isolating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back