Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #2,882 of 9,690
I've always been sceptical about the TF 10's after reading so much on them. After using all of the Shure models (mostly the SE530) I bought a pair of TF 10 cheap on ebay and I gotta admit they sound awesome. Excellent bass and my first choice for metal music. I'll def keep the SE530, but I will not use them for metal no more.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #2,883 of 9,690
Picked some up recently. Only complaint is.. the tips. Just bought some Comply tips which cost a buttload to ship to NZ -_- (could've gotten them from retailers in aus with free shipping but.. they only stock regular)

Oh and the "recessed mids" thing. Its not as much as I was expecting from all the posts, but its definitely there (a bit)

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #2,884 of 9,690
I tried the complys again on a whim last night. They simply cannot compare to the Sony Hybrids. I'm getting a good seal on both, but the comply's really blow up the bass and mask the highs and even some relaxed vocals. Comfort's pretty close too.

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #2,886 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by dejainc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i've decided to give these a go and a big + for user replaceable cables!

Is it safe to buy off eBay? NEW Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 PRO Worldwide Shipping - eBay, Headphones Earbuds, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 29-Jan-10 08:43:07 AEDST)

More than likely someone is cashin in on the amazon sale, i haven't heard of any fake UE'S. So far there's been plenty of people on here that have purchased them from ebay and all has gone well.

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #2,887 of 9,690
I just got mine and I love them! The bass is amazing. And the mids are great. I am using stock tips, I find they sound good. Either way I am going to have them remolded by Fisher soon. I will probably be doing a mini review. Glad to join the club.

Oh and the stock cable is AWFUL. It is so un-ruley, you can't do anything with it. It is to stiff and bulky.

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #2,888 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine and I love them! The bass is amazing. And the mids are great. I am using stock tips, I find they sound good. Either way I am going to have them remolded by Fisher soon. I will probably be doing a mini review. Glad to join the club.

Oh and the stock cable is AWFUL. It is so un-ruley, you can't do anything with it. It is to stiff and bulky.

Im considering the remolds myself, it's just so hard to let them go for a week
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #2,890 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just know that the reshell does change the sound a bit, in my view balances them out more. And choice of cable can also change the sound sig. But I liked the TF10s stock, but I love the TF10 customs.

What's the best cable to get for them? open to suggestions. thx

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #2,891 of 9,690
Stock or custom? One size does not fit all. For custom, I do like the Westone ES. For stock, Null Audio makes one, and there are a couple of others. But if you do go with customs, the stock cable can work, but they mod it and not in a good way (mash it to fit or something like that). But the point of a custom is the ability to upgrade the cable. And t me, the ES is perfect, both sound and design.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #2,892 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stock or custom? One size does not fit all. For custom, I do like the Westone ES. For stock, Null Audio makes one, and there are a couple of others. But if you do go with customs, the stock cable can work, but they mod it and not in a good way (mash it to fit or something like that). But the point of a custom is the ability to upgrade the cable. And t me, the ES is perfect, both sound and design.

Thanks for the info.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #2,893 of 9,690
just wondering but are there any differences between the stock cable? a bunch of people complain about the stock cable but i like it so far. maybe its more cuz im easy to please as long as it works and the cable doesnt retain too much memory of how it was wrapped up.

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #2,895 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More than likely someone is cashin in on the amazon sale, i haven't heard of any fake UE'S. So far there's been plenty of people on here that have purchased them from ebay and all has gone well.

What promo was this? I looked on Amazon and the pros were all like close to 400bucks.

Does that price seem a bit too cheap for pros?

Normally don't buy this stuff off eBay so a bit weary about it ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back