Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 26, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #2,522 of 9,690
Yeah, it sucks, but we did pay nearly 1/4 of the retail.
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #2,523 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it sucks, but we did pay nearly 1/4 of the retail.
biggrin.gif

Very well said.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also did get my pair just this morning.

And I'm loving every moment with it in my ears. They make me want to almost weep with the level of detail and instrument separation.

I just hope I'll see some sellers here in Manila of the Westone ES2 cables so I can try using them over the stock TF10 cables. Although I have nothing to complain about the level of comfort while wearing them (in fact, I love the cables compared to my Shure SCL2's) I still like the braided cables WEstone is offering.

Maybe when I visit in Singapore I'll get some of these.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nevertheless, kudos to TF10s. They simply rock!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #2,524 of 9,690
Ei kababayan! ;p

Also just got my triple.fi last week, can't wait to compare it with my IE8. Unfortunately, my IE8's cable got damaged, don't know from what. The right one suddenly didn't work. I hope it'll be repaired soon.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #2,526 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by fungus amongus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ei kababayan! ;p

Also just got my triple.fi last week, can't wait to compare it with my IE8. Unfortunately, my IE8's cable got damaged, don't know from what. The right one suddenly didn't work. I hope it'll be repaired soon.

Kababayan! I hope you get your IE8s repaired very soon.

What I really like about the TF10s are the level of detail in how it presents the sound to your ears. It just blows you away, with instrumentals really baring their immense potential. While listening to them, it gives you an impression that you are in the middle of all these instrumental mayhem, embracing you fully with every note and tone coming out from these instruments. The soundstage's very impressive, a very big jump compared to my Shure SCL2s. The bass is tight and punchy, the mids very exceptional, and those highs...those highs that are worth dying for. They just make me very teary-eyed. It just elevates the whole sound signature altogether. I dunno with others, but I feel at this level (the triple-driver BAs) I do agree with observations made by others that there really is no "better" or "best" IEM since these babies try to differentiate themselves from each other with their distinct presentation. And I really appreciate how balanced the music comes out from these IEMs.

That's why I really lament the state of IEM penetration and awareness here in Manila. Although I've seen many here using IEMs, there isn't just any specialty store dedicated at selling high-quality IEMs. Most retailers here just sell the usual earphones, with some Shure IEMs seeing daylight. Good thing UEs have started to make their way in retail shelves albeit at a much higher tag price. When you compute for shipping fees and customs charges, one may discern that it makes more economic sense to get hold of IEMs online than getting them in retail shops. I dunno...but I really am sad that there's no community-based IEM appreciation group here in Manila where users can compare notes and lend their IEMs for monitoring and reference. Haha.
smily_headphones1.gif
) How I wish we have those here.

That said, I hope to lay my hands (and ears) on Westone UM3x IEMs soon so I can compare how it sounds like against the TF10s. But for the meantime, I'm more than satisfied with the performance of these badass 'phones. They just blow every note away. :p

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #2,527 of 9,690
We have a local forum, headphiles.org, give it a look if you have time.

There's only a very few of us, so we can't really blame the vendors not taking notice of our local market. I think the only place selling high-end IEMs is PowerMac, but way, way overpriced.

Anyway, good luck on the UM3x. I hope you gonna let me audition them when you lay your hands (and ears) on them hehe

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #2,528 of 9,690
Yup, I'm already off there browsing some of the threads. And it really is killing my time!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I hope I'll be able to meet some of you guys in the near future. With the way threads are organized there in the forum you've said, there are really just a few people here in Manila who do share that passion for portable sound and are very much willing to go that extra mile to reach that extra 1% towards audio salvation.
smily_headphones1.gif
And that makes me think that you are right on the spot, that given our few number, retailers here really won't give us a damn. And that's the reason why they're selling way, way overpriced IEMs. Haha.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Update on the TF10s: they are revealing nuances in my music library that I haven't heard with my Shure SCL2s and my Sennheiser headset. This is the first high-end IEM I've got so I really don't have any similar IEM to reference against, but I really am impressed with these 'phones. Hands down to 'em.
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #2,529 of 9,690
Oops...double post. The net connection's sorta weird. :p

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #2,530 of 9,690
so why hasn't UE made a cable in the same style of the custome one for the TF10?

i called them about this a few times in the last couple of years, 'sure we are looking into it'

instead all we get are these crap cables. it's a bit ridiculous.

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #2,531 of 9,690
so why hasn't UE made a cable in the same style of the custome one for the TF10?

i called them about this a few times in the last couple of years, 'sure we are looking into it'

instead all we get are these crap cables. it's a bit ridiculous.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #2,532 of 9,690
@jai

Hey bro, congrats on your most recent purchase! So how do you feel now, about biting THAT bullet? hehe..
wink.gif

I'll probably join the club once my TF10 gets here (next year, boo-hoo). Everything's still pretty "hot" at the local post office, and I don't really wanna risk my packages getting lost. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my IE8s.
smily_headphones1.gif
BTW, you should have auditioned your TF10 alongside Meiroque's IE8 when you were there.

@fungus

Nice handle, kababayan
smily_headphones1.gif
You're right about the PowerMac. I got my IE8s at Digital Hub, and yes the price is waaaay too expensive. My only consolation is that I get a receipt and the full warranty via Axis Global - so I'm good to go for the next 2 years or so. As for the TF10, same situation as with Jai. I guess I'll have to make it last the whole year, to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back