TRN impressions thread
Oct 15, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,231 of 3,805
I'm still waiting for my TRN T200 to arrive. such a long wait via Aliexpress.

hopefully it's not just a copycat of KZ's T1 TWS.

Let us know if you like them once they arrive! I have high hopes.

BTW the KZ T1 was made by MIFO (hence the 'make it fully optimal' text).
MIFO are good to be honest (the MIFO O5 has really good reviews), they're also producing the Shanling MTW100, the TFZ X1/X1E, and others.. Shanling made comments that they supplied the drivers themselves for the MTW100 to MIFO.
I guess the KZ T1 was just a beta product, as they said themselves, so that they learn from that process and produce the KZ E10.

(photo credit to bisonicr via Twitter, the KZ T1 and the MIFO O5)

EA80j_eU8AAKN_0

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,232 of 3,805
Yeah, the issue is the BT20S does have a higher noise floor than the BT20 (non-S). It has been noted by HeadFiers that own both. The S is more powerful though, hence the higher noise floor.

That’s why I’ve just kept my BT20 (non-S) and haven’t upgraded to the S.

I just got my TRN V90 earphones in and tried them with my bt20s and they work great! Just a slight little bit of hiss without music, but nothing near what the v80 had. These are very usable and sound great.

Oct 16, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,233 of 3,805
I just got my TRN V90 earphones in and tried them with my bt20s and they work great! Just a slight little bit of hiss without music, but nothing near what the v80 had. These are very usable and sound great.

The way you describe seem very reasonable. It's like when I had with bt20 and v80.

But my bt20 ended up can't work so I went to get the Bt20s and when use with v80. It is hissing when not playing and playing music, totally unusable.

Oct 16, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #1,234 of 3,805
The way you describe seem very reasonable. It's like when I had with bt20 and v80.

But my bt20 ended up can't work so I went to get the Bt20s and when use with v80. It is hissing when not playing and playing music, totally unusable.

Yes, V80 is not good with any Bluetooth cable and makes a lot of hiss (BT3, BT10, BT20, BT20S, etc).

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,235 of 3,805
TRN T200, anyone here had them already? Still trying to figure out if it's a worthy contender for the new KZ E10. The KZ E10 doesn't have that much useful reviews either. =(

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #1,236 of 3,805
For anyone interested, my full review here - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/trn-im2.23956/reviews#review-22685

Update - another couple of days of listening and I'd call them a "steal" now. These are a steal. :) The signature is addictive enough that I haven't missed my full-size headphones for a few days now. It's really an effortless, warm, yet detailed (enough) sound where fatigue doesn't seem to exist. A nice complement to anyone's bright and aggressive headphones. :)

After almost a month of listening, I can safely say that these have settled and that the natural burn-in process is completed. I remember the official product page saying that "It takes about 40 hours to make a sound." I believe they meant burn-in. And I've used these at least 2 hours a day since then.

I must say that these would be the best value in TRN's line up right now, probably in all of Chi-fi. At $20, it's hard to believe that there is anything else. Sure the ZSNs are cheaper in most cases, especially here in Asia but I just can't compare the build quality. These are much better built on all fronts. And @KopiOkaya confirmed on some comments in Youtube that these are built to be shock, drop, and smash resistant. I believe him. The resin feels really solid and there are no visible seams. It's like one solid block, mostly seen in a lot more expensive pairs.

The crossover works flawlessly too as big bass doesn't show up in songs that don't have big bass. Mids opened up a touch more, as well as treble. Treble is a touch more detailed and nuanced now, which is perfect because it still is never sibilant.

Once you get a deep, secure fit, they sound better. I found the smallest silicone tips to work best for me. Haven't tried foams yet. I like the fact that you could clean and wipe silicone with alcohol without damaging them. Foams could be affected by that. Silicones are more hygienic in that sense.

In a nutshell, these are amazing for the price. I'm skipping the V90 and will wait for a similarly shaped and designed upgrade. These are a keeper and I love them. :)

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #1,237 of 3,805

Yeah, I had the same issue, it was horrible. I was kinda pissed until i found out others had the same issue.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #1,238 of 3,805
After almost a month of listening, I can safely say that these have settled and that the natural burn-in process is completed. I remember the official product page saying that "It takes about 40 hours to make a sound." I believe they meant burn-in. And I've used these at least 2 hours a day since then.

I must say that these would be the best value in TRN's line up right now, probably in all of Chi-fi. At $20, it's hard to believe that there is anything else. Sure the ZSNs are cheaper in most cases, especially here in Asia but I just can't compare the build quality. These are much better built on all fronts. And @KopiOkaya confirmed on some comments in Youtube that these are built to be shock, drop, and smash resistant. I believe him. The resin feels really solid and there are no visible seams. It's like one solid block, mostly seen in a lot more expensive pairs.

The crossover works flawlessly too as big bass doesn't show up in songs that don't have big bass. Mids opened up a touch more, as well as treble. Treble is a touch more detailed and nuanced now, which is perfect because it still is never sibilant.

Once you get a deep, secure fit, they sound better. I found the smallest silicone tips to work best for me. Haven't tried foams yet. I like the fact that you could clean and wipe silicone with alcohol without damaging them. Foams could be affected by that. Silicones are more hygienic in that sense.

In a nutshell, these are amazing for the price. I'm skipping the V90 and will wait for a similarly shaped and designed upgrade. These are a keeper and I love them. :)

Wow that's a strong statement to make! I've not heard the TRN IM2 but maybe I might consider it at 11/11 if it is discounted below 10 bucks.

But the biggest hypetrain about "best value" going on now at the moment in the headfi CHIFI thread is about the BLON BL-03, and it seems the BLON BL-03 has similar characteristics to the IM2.
Have u or anyone compared the 2 before??

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #1,239 of 3,805
I like the fact that you could clean and wipe silicone with alcohol without damaging them. Foams could be affected by that. Silicones are more hygienic in that sense.

Exactly. That is one reason I don't use foam tips. I do use foam earplugs for sleeping sometimes but I throw them in the trash after a few uses.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,240 of 3,805
I have the im2 in my cart ready to order whenever i get the itch or on 11.11. They look like a really well built pair for the money, you usually don't see 3d printed resin at that price with separate sounds tubes for the BA and DD. If they sound even remotely decent they should be great.

I'd like a comparison between the IM2 and h2 (single DD in the same enclosure), but likely I'll just order both...

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #1,241 of 3,805
Wow that's a strong statement to make! I've not heard the TRN IM2 but maybe I might consider it at 11/11 if it is discounted below 10 bucks.

But the biggest hypetrain about "best value" going on now at the moment in the headfi CHIFI thread is about the BLON BL-03, and it seems the BLON BL-03 has similar characteristics to the IM2.

I’ve got both. Very crude impressions from memory: the BLON BL03 is the better-fitting KPE at 1/10 the cost. The IM2 sounds like an ergonomic resin darkly veiled MH755 knockoff, which sounds ok until you get the BL03 back in your ear. YMMV etc blah yada

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #1,242 of 3,805

Sorry but I don't really like the BLON BL-03 design. It's weird and I may have problems with the fit. And the look overall. I know it's a shallow reason because we should judge stuff mostly by how they sound but I prefer a complete package if you will - good looks, good sound, good build. So I skipped the BLONs. Based on reviews so far, they may be sonically superior to the IM2, even far superior as some may say. But I gotta be honest. I can't get myself to like or buy them...yet. Not much of a help but I hope some might give you a better answer. :)

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,243 of 3,805
I was looking for an upgrade cable for my TFZ T2 Galaxy & thinking to buy the TRN 8 Core cable after seeing+reading few reviews about it. But the seller instead offered me the 16 core version. So I took it & there weren't any significant changes in the T2's sound as I had expected earlier.

However, when I put it with my TFZ no. 3, the volume becomes much louder than with the stock cable. The staging also become a bit bigger & the sound becomes clearer too (I hope it wasn't a placebo effect), to my surprise.

The only thing that went bad was the hiss on the background also becomes even more obvious than before (when there wasn't a lot of instruments was playing).

But what magic is that for sure :D.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #1,244 of 3,805
I was looking for an upgrade cable for my TFZ T2 Galaxy & thinking to buy the TRN 8 Core cable after seeing+reading few reviews about it. But the seller instead offered me the 16 core version. So I took it & there weren't any significant changes in the T2's sound as I had expected earlier.

However, when I put it with my TFZ no. 3, the volume becomes much louder than with the stock cable. The staging also become a bit bigger & the sound becomes clearer too (I hope it wasn't a placebo effect), to my surprise.

The only thing that went bad was the hiss on the background also becomes even more obvious than before (when there wasn't a lot of instruments was playing).

But what magic is that for sure :D.

You're lucky u got the TRN 16 core version. @Slater and a few others in the budget cable thread dissected the 6/8 core TRN cables and realized some had unsoldered wires (that was a few months ago). The 16 core version is legit for soldering. Slater and the others truly deserve a noble prize in Headfi for their sacrifices.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #1,245 of 3,805
You're lucky u got the TRN 16 core version. @Slater and a few others in the budget cable thread dissected the 6/8 core TRN cables and realized some had unsoldered wires (that was a few months ago). The 16 core version is legit for soldering. Slater and the others truly deserve a noble prize in Headfi for their sacrifices.
I think I saw the thread before buying the 16 core. When I do a little research about the 8 core, I found the thread about the unsoldered wires & decided to go for the 16 core instead.

Yeah, really thanks to them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back