Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 29, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #406 of 10,312
Yeah. My package is soon on its way to me but yesterday the tracking site said "Voided information". After emailing Frank asking what was up, he got back, quickly, saying that they never came to pick up the package and that it was wrong - he never voided any package or delivery. So he should clear things up.

A few moments later an email poped up with an apology, not from Frank, but from the delivery company. Frank, also, got back to me and said what had happened.

So, all in all, as always, very very good customer service from Frank and now I'm just waiting for them to pick up the package from Frank.

Lets hope mine doesn't take the same pinball route as poor Sauntere...

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #409 of 10,312
Quote:
The package is on its way..

Don't break your back lifting it. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #410 of 10,312
Probably the wrong place to post this but I'm having the same issues in the United Kingdom with our post office and things arriving from the USA being held in customs then at the local post office half a mile from me, :pwho send me a letter first class which takes 4 days to reach me saying that I have 20 days to collect same - pay the bloody admin fee.... Which arrives the day I fly out on holiday .... However Master Kablemeister Toxic has just supplied me with some of his cables for use with my first "audiophile portable rig"

I running an AlgoRythmn Solo through a c421 from JDs labs fame I had been using a Ibasso Cobra tacked onto my iPod although good it didn't provide the sense of space that the JDS C421 gives or smoothness I found it a liitle bright.

The addition of the Solo gave the whole thing a further dimension but my interconnects some Kimber cable and the supplied Solo cable. Although providing further insight into the music was not the most elegant of solutions. I'd read some good reports on here about Franks cables and a set he built for a gentlemen called Rodriguez looked as they say in England the dogs ... Doo dah's .

The timescale given to Frank was not the best as I wanted them for my Jollies - holidays in English parlance... Some macinations with the post overcome ... My cables arrived the work man ship is superb as for the sound quality .... I was blown away . Now I dont have "golden ears" I'm sixty two for Gods sake and the lovely Catherine despairs of my search for aural nirvana - but Frankie boys handy work delivers and them some... How an some twisted wire make such a difference ... But it does and at my age cynicism set in ten years ago .... I have been blown away by the difference in the sound I am hearing .... I would love to understand the physics behind the noticeable difference .. And before any body thinks or implies otherwise I have no material connection with Toxic apart from being a delighted customermy next purchase will be some head phone cables....

I have some freinds real musicians two quite gifted who enjoy my stereo and my music and had heard my rig pre Toxic and like me doing a before and after blind listening test agreed Toxic is definately habit forming.

On a more interesting not sitting by the pool side was a guy in hiis mid twenties listing to his music on an iPod touch and a set of Dr Dre Beats ...I saw him watching me connect my rig ....more out of devilment than altruism I connected his touch to the Solo and the JDS c421 the look on his face was brilliant he probably had never heard his cans or his music sound like that
..... I showed him a couple of web sites including this one .... This is a fortunate person with money .... But he was amazed ...

This has been an excellent holiday a 160gb Classic full to 148 al my favourite music in place like I've never heard it before.... Frank you really are a Cablemeister.

Ethan 1250

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #412 of 10,312
Ethan, at 51 years old and over 40 of them as a metal fan, I appreciate that sometimes you wonder if the ears still work...(I know my lovely Christine really wonders...Subjective husband hearing?) I am also a big Toxic fan. Frank builds great cables and has a no holds barred service ethic. Glad to see you have joined the club.

Welcome to it!

beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #413 of 10,312
Great first post Ethan1250 and welcome to head-fi.  Also, if that isn't proof about Franks magic cables then I don't know what is! I think anyone who can't hear the difference between good cables and bad needs to find a diffferent hobby.

I'm 41 (since we are giving our ages away) and I hope my ears are still working as good in another twenty years or so..(turning my Jazz down a little
blink.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #414 of 10,312
Hey Frank, do you make cables with the new UE connectors? Your silver poison burned in sounds really nice now, but I can't use them with my new UERMs...

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #416 of 10,312
Well, Kudos to Frank, my Silver Poison came through for the HD800s yesterday - and whilst i'm not prepared yet to say how it sounds in comparison to the stock cable = on looks alone it scores really highly :)

A really well made, and good looking cable, color me impressed twice, and that is before I've even listened to it :D

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #417 of 10,312
Quote:
Well, Kudos to Frank, my Silver Poison came through for the HD800s yesterday - and whilst i'm not prepared yet to say how it sounds in comparison to the stock cable = on looks alone it scores really highly :)

A really well made, and good looking cable, color me impressed twice, and that is before I've even listened to it :D

Thanks Duncan, looking forward to your thoughts once you have had a chance to listen. 3am and your still up.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #419 of 10,312
Quote:
Thanks for posting Ethan, extremely glad you like the cable and happy to see they arrived before you left on holiday.

Xymordos, i believe my IEM cables do fit the UERM, but i do not have the proprietary connectors UM use, i have asked around, but no one makes them, only way would be to have my own mould made for overmoulding and that's not cheap.

Thats a shame ): Yes they do fit, but they will stick out from the IEM so far that it is extremely likely to break either the pin or the socket...So it's safer for me not to use them. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #420 of 10,312
I have to say, early impressions of the Silver Poison are great, a hugely cliched term when it comes to Sennheisers, however I swear that listening to Frank's cable, compared to the stock cable. that a veil has been lifted across the whole tone, especially - to me, being very mid-centric, in the mids where they sound more alive - although the very first clear difference I heard was more treble definition / bite / clarity...

This is with only a few hours on the clock, so the real test / opinions will come in a couple of weeks time - However, I cannot imagine my impressions will degrade between now and then,

I deliberately haven't mentioned soundstage at this time, as I am still pretty darned new to the HD800s as it is, so will need to A/B when I'm fully accustomed to them to hear if I can hear a difference in soundstage as well as tonal balance / power....

I guess, in the case of the HD800, that it must definitely be considered that Sennheiser charge the same, if not slightly more money for a replacement stock cable than what Frank charges for the Silver Poison - with that in mind, and knowing that most of us here are tweakers - this cable to me is a no-brainer...

It is funny that when I bought the WireWorld Ultraviolet I was scorning spending £50 on a USB cable, and now here I am with a custom headphone cable - in both instances differences were noted, for the better - so - a happy camper all around :D

[Edit] Frank - I wonder why I was up half the night, lol - might be something to do with having a new cable to play with lol - Thanks again for your stellar customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back