Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #331 of 10,312
That's funny, I asked that on page 18:
Quote:
Silver as a general rule gives you a more accurate sound reproduction, this can tend to sound brighter and thinner especially if you have a budget system. Copper can give a more coloured sound and can give the effect of warmth and more bass. Silver/copper is a bit of both. I've always favoured SPC or silver/copper.

All depends on what you think your system would benefit from.

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #332 of 10,312
Must have missed that, thanks. So silver/copper is the way to go for balance and/or if you have a hard time deciding things like me.

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #333 of 10,312
You can mostly ignore Lugbug1's general rule (not saying it isn't true elsewhere) when it comes to Toxic Cables' Silver Poison--it is both detailed AND has a nicer bass response and sounds more rich than the TWag, to use an example of a typical silver cable. So, I'd say it makes a good choice if you want to go silver. I'm sure Frank's other cables are great, too.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #334 of 10,312
I was looking for a good replacement cable for my HE400 and ordered the basic OCC copper cable from Frank. Just received them and have been listening for a few hours.  What a wonderful cable! Beautifully built, reasonably priced and quite nice sounding!  Not as exotic as some here but works for me.

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #335 of 10,312
Quote:
I was looking for a good replacement cable for my HE400 and ordered the basic OCC copper cable from Frank. Just received them and have been listening for a few hours.  What a wonderful cable! Beautifully built, reasonably priced and quite nice sounding!  Not as exotic as some here but works for me.

Good to hear! Ever since you talked about this cable at the Toronto meet you've got me looking at one as well.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #336 of 10,312
Quote:

Good to hear! Ever since you talked about this cable at the Toronto meet you've got me looking at one as well.

If the NHL can't get its act together, we'll all need good sound to pass the time of another lock out.....Toxic's are awesome.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #337 of 10,312
Quote:
Anyone here know if there is a tangible difference between the sound of the various cables (pure silver, pure copper, etc)? 
biggrin.gif

This is up to your ears. I can hear a difference from cable to cable, however, you ears may not. It's like Bigfoot. I believe they exist, because I've had my own encounter, and some people don't, because there's no tangible evidence that they are actually there (which is completely wrong by the way).

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #338 of 10,312
Quote:

This is up to your ears. I can hear a difference from cable to cable, however, you ears may not. It's like Bigfoot. I believe they exist, because I've had my own encounter, and some people don't, because there's no tangible evidence that they are actually there (which is completely wrong by the way).

You just had to sneak that in there. 
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #339 of 10,312
Quote:

Well put.

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #341 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back