Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #301 of 10,312
I've bought a Silver Poison cable for my HE-500 plus an adapter.

And the improvement is amazing. I was happy with my CLAS + ALO RX MK3 + HE-500 to start with but boy was I wrong... There is nothing subtle about the change in sound. Everything feels better, clearer, more defined, details that was never there before, now... are. The cable isn't as stiff and not that much heavier either so its more comfortable to use and easier to handle than the stock cable. Plus Franks cable is built much better and will last longer. So now I have to listen through all my albums again.

I think Frank and his product is fantastic. And that is why I have a big package arriving in a few weeks, from Frank, with some things that will most likely make me want to listen to my music again for even more detailsThat 35 pound package cannot get here soon enough...

Thanks Frank.

Aug 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #303 of 10,312
Quote:
EF-6?

I so want an EF-6!! I have the EF-5 Hybrid and with the right Opamps it is capable of great things, makes me want to upgrade so bad.

Ef-6 ?
wish I had about £1200? to spend on an amp... snif.

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #305 of 10,312
Quote:

Me too, I am saving hard though and will shed some inventory soon to help. Got a horrible feeling that I may suffer a set back after attending this meet with such a great range of stuff I'd like. I will try to stay focussed....

Is that the cambridge meet? Wish I lived nearer, am from up north like. Would love to attend myself, especially with nothing left in my wallet (my LCD2's came this week..) be nice to try stuff and window shop with no sudden urges to buy haha

Stay focused, the EF6 is one great amp from what I've read and it will fuel any headphone!  

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #306 of 10,312
Quote:
Is that the cambridge meet? Wish I lived nearer, am from up north like. Would love to attend myself, especially with nothing left in my wallet (my LCD2's came this week..) be nice to try stuff and window shop with no sudden urges to buy haha

Stay focused, the EF6 is one great amp from what I've read and it will fuel any headphone!  

Yeah, Cambridge. Been around a while but never got to a meet as yet. LCD-2's are awsome pal, improved only by one of Frank's cables but not too shabby out of the box.

I've got a bit of a trek also but recon it will be worth it and will stay over on the Friday or Saturday....

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #308 of 10,312
Quote:

Yeah, Cambridge. Been around a while but never got to a meet as yet. LCD-2's are awsome pal, improved only by one of Frank's cables but not too shabby out of the box.

I've got a bit of a trek also but recon it will be worth it and will stay over on the Friday or Saturday....

That's gonna be my next purchase, a Frank cable for the LCD2's. Just letting them settle in first and then I'll decide wether I want copper, silver, or silver/copper or silver/ gold.. too much choice!

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #309 of 10,312
Quote:
Nope not the EF-6. *grin*

mmm... 35 pounds (weight)... what could it be?

1st to guess right wins a free cable of choice! (I'm sure Frank il be cool with that)
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #311 of 10,312
Quote:
The 8-wire IEM cable is here. Pictures to come!
biggrin.gif

Seen it! Its a real beauty. Looking forward to your impressions! Are you going to be doing a comparrison betwixt the Toxic Cables and Whiplash 8 wire one?

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #313 of 10,312
Hi Guys,

I was called by Jude to say that there have been complaints by other MOT and members that discussions of my cables have been hijacking other threads, obviously the more posts there are about my cable the better it is for me, but then again, i don't won't to be stepping on any toes, so can i ask that discussions are kept to the appreciation thread or those that are specific to cable discussions.

Thanks and hope you understand,

Frank

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #314 of 10,312
Hi Guys,

I was called by Jude to say that there have been complaints by other MOT and members that discussions of my cables have been hijacking other threads, obviously the more posts there are about my cable the better it is for me, but then again, i don't won't to be stepping on any toes, so can i ask that discussions are kept to the appreciation thread or those that are specific to cable discussions.

Frank

Sorry...:D

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #315 of 10,312
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Frank

Uh, yea, we've had some disagreements in the past, but seriously...What thread? I know recently in the LCD-2 thread 
some cable recommendations were given out, incl Q, Norse, and Toxic. Would love to know what thread is just being run over by your cables.

This is absolute BS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back