Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 12, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #9,751 of 10,312
UyHIiMm.jpg

Hi Frank, been enjoying the Silver Widow on my Fitears for some time now. Unfortunately it seems the plastic area and the sheath has broken, not sure how it happened. Not due to rough handling anyway.
Can you PM me on repair costs, or if there is some kind of trade-up available to the Hydra? Thanks so much!

Sorry, unfortunately we do not do trade in/trade up, as we cannot sell used cables.
Will PM you soon regarding repair.

Please note: Some customers were promised that their cables will ship this week, unfortunately some of these won't, these are the one's i was due to make and will instead ship next week.
Unfortunately my mum had a fall yesterday and broke her him and is due to have surgery, so i have not been working and will not be this week. One's being made by Max Jason and leanne will still go out, so if you don't get a shipped notification by Friday, this means it is one of my cables.

This also applies to emails, i will be going through email, i will try to do some while i am sitting around at the hospital, so please don't mind if they are very short and straight to the point.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #9,752 of 10,312
Family comes first Frank, hope your mum recovers soon.

Oct 15, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #9,753 of 10,312
Frank, I am sorry to hear that your mum is in the hospital. Hope she will get well soon.

What would the price be for the Gold Plated Silver Poison (4 feet, 2 pin CIEM, 2.5 TRRS) on 4 wire and 8 wire respectively? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #9,754 of 10,312
Frank,
Hope your mom get well soon.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #9,755 of 10,312
I wonder if anyone could point me towards a suitable cable please?

I currently have a set of Shure SE535 Ltd Red Asian version with a Baldur Mk3 cable, using an iBasso DX90 rockboxed. The Baldur Mk3 cable has just broke for the second time within a year so I'm looking for a replacement which is a shame as I was impressed with the increase in soundstage and clarity the Baldur Mk3 gave.

There are so many options to choose from. From Silver Poison, Silver Widow to Hydra. How should i choose AWG?

The hydra 18 looks to be the most comfortable due to single strand to the earpiece as I wear these a lot of the day in work. But would they be a suitable pairing for the rest of my equipment. Could i get away with Silver Poison for half the price?

What kind of difference would these cables make to the sound signature compared to the Baldur Mk3.

I'm so confused :p

Cheers,
A

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #9,757 of 10,312
Nov 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #9,758 of 10,312
Nope I assume he is still having personal issues sadly :frowning2:
Thnks for the reply! I also assumed that may be the issue for his lack of response lately

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #9,759 of 10,312
Sorry guys, i have just been busy running to and from Hospital, my mum should be back home tomorrow and i will start going through messages then.

As i was unable to attend the workshop to inspect cables before shipment, i closed it while i was busy and gave my staff their annual leave, so not much has been done, but fortunately we are not running too far behind with orders as Max has been working from home.

Fabio, i know that your cable is done, will check it and ship back tomorrow, hope you have received and are enjoying your new SW cable.

Matthew, received your payment, thank you very much.

Thank you to everyone for your best wishes.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #9,761 of 10,312
Sorry guys, i have just been busy running to and from Hospital, my mum should be back home tomorrow and i will start going through messages then.

As i was unable to attend the workshop to inspect cables before shipment, i closed it while i was busy and gave my staff their annual leave, so not much has been done, but fortunately we are not running too far behind with orders as Max has been working from home.

Fabio, i know that your cable is done, will check it and ship back tomorrow, hope you have received and are enjoying your new SW cable.

Matthew, received your payment, thank you very much.

Thank you to everyone for your best wishes.

Yes i´ve received my SW and i´m enjoying it, just waiting for my SP.
Thanks Frank!

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #9,762 of 10,312
Hello Frank, I'm sorry to hear your mother is going through health issues, I lost my mother in 2014 but spent lots of time in hospitals with her over a period of 2 years, it's never a good experience.

Having said that, I feel terrible asking you this...

I received some new Yamaha EPH-100's from Japan a few days ago, cost me a fair bit as I had to import them. A day later, my cat got hold of them and she chewed through the cable in multiple sections, I tried electrical tape in an attempt to get them working but no dice.

The original cable is 1.2m with a gold plated L jack. What are my options here?

Having spent £150 on these I hope there's a viable way of getting them working again.

Do you have a store in the UK? If so, do you accept walk-ins?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #9,763 of 10,312
Hello Frank, I'm sorry to hear your mother is going through health issues, I lost my mother in 2014 but spent lots of time in hospitals with her over a period of 2 years, it's never a good experience.

Having said that, I feel terrible asking you this...

I received some new Yamaha EPH-100's from Japan a few days ago, cost me a fair bit as I had to import them. A day later, my cat got hold of them and she chewed through the cable in multiple sections, I tried electrical tape in an attempt to get them working but no dice.

The original cable is 1.2m with a gold plated L jack. What are my options here?

Having spent £150 on these I hope there's a viable way of getting them working again.

Do you have a store in the UK? If so, do you accept walk-ins?

Cheers!

Thank you.

Could you email me some pictures please.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #9,764 of 10,312
Sorry, unfortunately we do not do trade in/trade up, as we cannot sell used cables.
Will PM you soon regarding repair.

Thanks for the kind offer for repair Frank, I noticed on your Facebook that you had new flagships coming up, so I decided to wait and see what you have coming. If it's something suitable for the Fitears, I'd love to order a new cable and have this reterminated for my Shure, in time for the paycheck from my new job :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back