Top-Tier Universal IEM Comparison Chart, Frequency Response Charts, & Discussion
Mar 8, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #91 of 785
Just for the record average_joe, would you please remove me from the "cell" opposing the CK10 for top-tier status? I haven't heard it so I'm reluctant to opine about it. I'm happy to be included as a supporter of the IE8 and the SE530 for top-tier status. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #94 of 785
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif
And how about the bass and soundstage, imaging, and detail.

Mine are with dfkt now (so maybe he'll chime in), from memory the CK100's bass is slightly punchier and deeper than the CK10's, but has only average definition. Soundstage, imaging and detail are all up with the best, and I remember concurring with shigzeo's opinion that the CK100 have an exceptional airy "live" feeling to their presentation.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #96 of 785
3 flavour of the month newcomers in the top-tier bracket and demoted classics such as TF Pro, SE530 and Westone 3 in a second tier? Sorry average_joe but the matrix on the first page has become a bit of a joke.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #98 of 785
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 flavour of the month newcomers in the top-tier bracket and demoted classics such as TF Pro, SE530 and Westone 3 in a second tier? Sorry average_joe but the matrix on the first page has become a bit of a joke.

Agreed, the matrix is looking rather skewed.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #99 of 785
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a bit like those 'Best Albums Of All Time' lists, where the current Flavour of The Month craptastic band or rapper edge out the longstanding classics.

I'm a bit surprised that the ER4P is considered second tier myself, but hey, I have a pair and love them, and am happy with that.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #100 of 785
@average_joe IMO your good intentions will soon be paving the way to hell to speak. It seems to me that you are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place in that now that you have opened the door to anyone who knocks loud enough to have their support or dissent to be part of the table, the table will soon becomes meaningless.

in my view you should scratch the views of all members in your table, then PM the handful of those you trust to give an objective first hand point of view to ask if they would be willing to contribute opinions by using a five star system for each category for each IEM. Based on the number of stars, rankings and Best At attributes could be given.

IMO only the views of the most objective and experienced head-fiers should be part of your tables. All others including myself can voice our views in posts like this.

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #102 of 785
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What IEMs have you compared the GR-8 with/had experience with?

Inventory: Westone W3, W2 and GR-8
Previously owned:TFP10, Super Fi Pro, UM1, UM2, UM3X, ER4P&S, HF5, ER6i, SE530, SE420, E4, E3, E2, EP630, HD-497, PX100, PX250, CX300, Porta Pro, SR-60, EX71

I appreciate your efforts on this but the differring comments was bound to happen. Like good bass to one person is muddy bloated bass to another, etc.

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #104 of 785
Which bi-flange tips do you guys suggest for the following IEMs?

-Crossroads Mylar X3 (using the stock tips now)
-Fischer Audio Eterna (will receive them soon)

I'm using the medium size on the Mylar but they don't seem to be very comfortable... isolation can also be improved.

(I need to buy them in Europe btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back