Thunderpants! A world-class closed planar magnetic headphone by Head-Fi'er "Smeggy" - Head-Fi TV, Episode 012
Sep 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #64 of 127

Quote:
Blame Sachu for the name, he christened them and it stuck
beerchug.gif

As i recall, we were chatting late one night about your newest creation and i was questioning you about its low frequency sonic abilities and trying to relate it to something that was tangible at that moment time.. lol

very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #65 of 127
I love Jude, and I love Head-Fi TV. Well done!!!!!!

(I want these something fierce!)

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #68 of 127
I will compare it to my ES5 and UE18 pro when I get it. Stay tuned.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #70 of 127
Thanks Jude for helping bring attention to this fantastic product.

I first heard the Thunderpants at a Head-Fi meet and got to listen to most of the planars mentioned in the review.

I really liked all of them, but putting on the Thunderpants was a draw dropping experience. What blew me away the most was the vocals. These were the first headphones I had heard that really got them perfect for my preferences. Of course the rest of the frequency range is outstanding as well. I wasn't expecting to get new headphones when I went to the meet but I had to buy a pair after hearing them and they remain one of my favorite high end products ever, with decades of being involved in the hobby.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #71 of 127
I hope Jude understands the additional demands he put on Smeggy.  Business will either boom or the wait time will increase.  Great vid as usual...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back