This time, one pair for $300-$350
Sep 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
I don't agree with the idea that the HD-650s are over priced. Although I am a bit biased, I love my 650s and think they're worth every penny I paid for them.

I agree with the idea that the 650's are over priced, but I've heard the PX100 (Gen 1's) so I have something to compare it to that is similar. They sound the same. $250 difference+Required amplifier is a joke. Not to mention most say it requires a tube amp to really change the sound, now your talking huge sums of money just to sound 5% better then a simple $60 PX100 plugged straight it your source. It's a joke.

I compared them side by side with stuff from Pink Floyd, Sinatra, Steely Dan, McIntosh Reference Disks, Norah Jones, Killswitch Engage, Ratatat, Pendulum, Infected Mushroom,....I threw all kinds of genres at it good recordings to average recordings...and they sound pretty much the same.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #20 of 21
Sep 27, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #21 of 21
I wish the OP would come back to this thread...how can you recommend the best pair of headphones if the person just gives you a budget and disappears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back