There's Something About Ultrasone…
Feb 6, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #946 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbritton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm buyin' me an Proline-750/2500-blue suit!!! (Might work for me!) :)

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #948 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the meet on Sunday, I bought me a PROline-blue 'n silver iPod cable in anticipation of upgrading to a pair of PROline 650 for my portable rig
650prolinetl7.png
:

Neon%20blue%20mini%20ipod%20475.jpg

Are you suggesting that I will need to accessorize if I really want to be successful, Dex? (Does the Go-Vibe come in colors, BTW???)
cool.gif

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #950 of 5,942
Feb 6, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #951 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blue hair anybody?????

If I had any
frown.gif

(it's all good though. long-live Kojak!)

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #953 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just placed an order for Ultrasone Pro 2500 at Northern Sound at $254.24 thanks to Dex! On backorder for 2 weeks. Should make a nice addition to the 701s and 650s they will live with.

ARRGHHH!! 2 WEEKS?!? I was thinking of ordering them today, fantasizing about maybe getting them by Friday
frown.gif

I wonder: should I wait and see if they are for sale at a similar price somewhere else? Or maybe I should order them now, in case NS&L's low price goes up soon?

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #954 of 5,942
wow, I've read about through about the first ten pages of this thread and im really itching to audition a pair of the 2500's. If i remember correctly the sam ash near my school had a couple ultrasones on display. I dont think i can resist stopping by tomorrow between classes. I'm really hoping they have either the 750 or 2500 to try out. anyway does anyone have any opinions on how s-logic sounds in conjunction with a crossfeed circuit. I know they do completely different things but does the combination of the two cause it to sound unnatural? I've grown accustomed to the crossfeed on my headfive but I wonder if it will be trying to do too much.

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #955 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, I've read about through about the first ten pages of this thread and im really itching to audition a pair of the 2500's.

Funny, I'd expect that the first 10 pages of this thread would put most folks off!
blink.gif

Read on and, trust me, it gets much, much better!
tongue.gif

Quote:

If i remember correctly the sam ash near my school had a couple ultrasones on display. I dont think i can resist stopping by tomorrow between classes. I'm really hoping they have either the 750 or 2500 to try out.

Just be aware that store examples might not be properly burned-in, and also that it takes longer than a demo session to become adjusted to their presentation. Ultrasones generally do not demo well under retail or meet conditions. Ideally, they should be lived with for them to reveal their charms.
wink.gif

Quote:

anyway does anyone have any opinions on how s-logic sounds in conjunction with a crossfeed circuit.

All the reports I've seen indicate that Ultrasones and crossfeed get along famously. Hopefully, Ralph or Alberto will be along to confirm.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #956 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Ultrasone. Sorry about your K701.....

If these Ultrasones are able to separate my Heed/701 love match, I will be floored! This is a synergy I have not had with any of my other amps &/or headphones. No one would love a better match than I! In 2 weeks + 150/200 hours the steel cage match will begin.

Feb 7, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #957 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If these Ultrasones are able to separate my Heed/701 love match, I will be floored! This is a synergy I have not had
with any of my other amps &/or headphones. No one would
love a better match than I! In 2 weeks + 150/200 hours the
steel cage match will begin.

Heh-heh, that's the spirit, Wayne!
cool.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #959 of 5,942
I think any of the maxed M^3 type amps will do a great job with these low impedance headphones.

I am using the AT-HA5000 with my 2500s and it is doing something special right now after about 30 hours that is very satisfying. Of course everything that transports music to my ears at this level sounds so...good to me.

Wonder what it will sound like in another 100 hours?

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #960 of 5,942
Oh no...

Since NS&L has the 2500s on backorder, I emailed another internet store asking for their lowest price. It was higher than NS&L. They asked me if I had seen a better price elsewhere and said maybe they could beat it. I told them the NS&L price and this is part of the reply: "Sorry, we can't touch that price as it is only a few dollars over our cost of $***.**. I don't know how some dealers can sell so low so I am deleting Ultrasone from our stores."

Very strange and very interesting. Maybe I can convince them to sell them to me at a middle-of-the-road price, since they have it in stock. Then again, Dexdexter was very nice and let me know of a demo 2500 that's for sale on Ebay (hey! please don't snatch them yet!
wink.gif
). Hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back