There's Something About Ultrasone…
Feb 6, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #931 of 5,942
Am I in the minority liking the way these headphones look?

Anyway, I had another listen to the 2500s after giving them a dose of Patrick O'hearn's eldorado chased with pink noises. It has about 30 hours of these, would have been more but I was stupid and didn't hit repeat on the player, so I wasted one day.

They finally are showing their soundstage ability, but only half of it. The left cup opened up, and found the courage to venture out but the right cup is still a little shy and won't let its music out. I think thats very strange. Right now my soundstage is diagonal. Its like being in the front row but just not having enough money for the truly best seat so I'm sitting at the very right corner. I can't wait for the right cup to show me what its got.

Next project, Rudistor amp. Still deciding between NX-01 and NX-02. The 02 is so sexy but in real life sexy takes more money. So I may go with simple. Since most my funds are tied up with the devil, I meant Larocco audio and its ISA diablo, I can't do anything right now. I asked for a refund, which I think I should get, but instead I was told the best thing for me to do is sell my spot to someone else. Very unethical business practice.

Anyway. I love burn in, its my favorite time, I like the sound and musical presentation evolving. I get bored after they settle and gives me the constant goodness, and thats when I look for something else. Idiotic I know, but its really fun.

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #932 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since most my funds are tied up with the devil, I meant Larocco audio and its ISA diablo, I can't do anything right now. I asked for a refund, which I think I should get, but instead I was told the best thing for me to do is sell my spot to someone else. Very unethical business practice.

OT:

You had to pay the Diabolo in advance?
blink.gif

Isn't it overdue for quite some time?

And people complain about Xin's business practice...

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #933 of 5,942
Quote:

Maybe, but you're not alone: I like their look and feel. No nonsens and not flimsy, I like that.

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #934 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at those meet pics, I have to say that the PROlines are ugly.

No they are not.
It is just the contrast with us beautiful people that make them SEEM ugly...
icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #935 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at those meet pics, I have to say that the PROlines are ugly. Not that it matters to me now, as they (well, the 750's anyway) sound absolutely wonderful. You couldn't get me to part with them.

It's a shame though. If Ultrasone threw some black dye into the injection mold machine, then included only one cable & one set of pads (to reduce cost a bit), they'd have a combo that more non-pro people would be willing to try out.

Indications I've seen point to Ultrasone unveiling some new product this coming May at the High End Show in Munich. Stay tuned...

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #936 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ultrasone rep I spoke to at a trade show said that they chose an off-beat color so that the phones would easily be recognizable as Ultrasones, a sort of branding through color if you will.

The story I heard was that they made them easier to spot in a professional studio amongst tons of other gear. I guess it works both ways. Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees
It is just the contrast with us beautiful people that make them SEEM ugly...

Trudat. You all be so pretty
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #937 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed, they are certainly not appealing to the eye, and i'm not only talking about the colour. I remember someone saying they look as if Fisher-Price decided to make headphones.

Actually I have a number of Fisher-Price battery-operated portable record players that are nearly 25 years old:

7023_1.JPG

bb1.jpg

I can only hope that the Ultrasones turn out to be as well-built... The FPs are tough as nails, still sound great, and are ideal for checking out vinyl at record fairs! And I was able to give "Big Bird" to my kids last Xmas so they're already little vinyl-lovers!
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #938 of 5,942
Just placed an order for Ultrasone Pro 2500 at Northern Sound at $254.24 thanks to Dex! On backorder for 2 weeks. Should make a nice addition to the 701s and 650s they will live with.

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #939 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just placed an order for Ultrasone Pro 2500 at Northern Sound at $254.24 thanks to Dex! On backorder for 2 weeks. Should make a nice addition to the 701s and 650s they will live with.

Nice one, Wayne, and welcome to the BIG THREAD! Here's your official PROline 2500 smiley:
750prolinebx3.png

I think you're really gonna love the 2500s' synergy with your Heed CanAmp!
wink.gif

Sorry to hear it's still on backorder, but that 2 weeks will breeze by, just you wait!
tongue.gif

Cheers, Dex

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #940 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I have a number of Fisher-Price battery-operated portable record players that are nearly 25 years old:

7023_1.JPG

bb1.jpg

I can only hope that the Ultrasones turn out to be as well-built... The FPs are tough as nails, still sound great, and are ideal for checking out vinyl at record fairs! And I was able to give "Big Bird" to my kids last Xmas so they're already little vinyl-lovers!
tongue.gif

WHY did you not bring those to the meet?
I love them.
cool.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #941 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to Ultrasone. Sorry about your K701.....

Feb 6, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #944 of 5,942
Quote:

No You are certainly not
biggrin.gif
Just got them in today and I love their design and color. I immediately liked the almost white headband and earcuchons. Not even talking about the way they are sounding (not burned-in I know, but still..) Now that is what I call a truly Sexy headphone
eggosmile.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #945 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No You are certainly not
biggrin.gif
Just got them in today and I love their design and color. I immediately liked the almost white headband and earcuchons. Not even talking about the way they are sounding (not burned-in I know, but still..) Now that is what I call a truly Sexy headphone
eggosmile.gif

I'm buyin' me an Proline-750/2500-blue suit!!! (Might work for me!) :)

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back