There's Something About Ultrasone…
Feb 5, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #916 of 5,942
Dex

You and your Ultrasone's, you almost sound like me and my Audio-Technica's.
wink.gif

Maybe in a couple of weeks I might be able to tell the difference.

Got them back out after about three hours and am giving it a 15 minute audition.

What I can say is space...........space is apparent.

I am letting it cook on a Surround Sound CD that has many frequency tones and some very interesting Finnish folk music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice prescription, hop ham; I do believe that the PROline 2500 is one of the very best remedies for pain that I have ever used!
tongue.gif
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 6, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #920 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dex

You and your Ultrasone's, you almost sound like me and my Audio-Technica's.
wink.gif

Maybe in a couple of weeks I might be able to tell the difference.

Got them back out after about three hours and am giving it a 15 minute audition.

What I can say is space...........space is apparent.

I am letting it cook on a Surround Sound CD that has many frequency tones and some very interesting Finnish folk music.

I'm quite interested in your impressions of the 2500 slwiser; as you've owned the LTD's in the past. And the sound of the Proline 750 wasn't quite Kosher with me, but I probably need more time with them. However the open end equivalent has quite piqued my interest...

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #921 of 5,942
Looking at those meet pics, I have to say that the PROlines are ugly. Not that it matters to me now, as they (well, the 750's anyway) sound absolutely wonderful. You couldn't get me to part with them.

It's a shame though. If Ultrasone threw some black dye into the injection mold machine, then included only one cable & one set of pads (to reduce cost a bit), they'd have a combo that more non-pro people would be willing to try out.

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #922 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at those meet pics, I have to say that the PROlines are ugly. Not that it matters to me now, as they (well, the 750's anyway) sound absolutely wonderful. You couldn't get me to part with them.

It's a shame though. If Ultrasone threw some black dye into the injection mold machine, then included only one cable & one set of pads (to reduce cost a bit), they'd have a combo that more non-pro people would be willing to try out.

I hate to agree with you, since the blue is so easy to spot in a cluttered room! But they would definitely sell to a wider audience if Ultrasone did as you suggest. I can't help but recall Dex's encounter with the audiophile shop owner's reaction to them - "I could never sell these." Bummer - and they definitely deserve not to be rejected right at the doorstep just because of their looks. (...their long burn-in time, physically and psychologically/aurally are enough hurdles for one headphone to have to endure!!)

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #923 of 5,942
I just posted a remedy I've arrived at to cure my Averatec laptop's running out of current when driving my Proline 750s. It is in the "Computers as source" area where it belongs, but I thought many who own Ultrasones might find the information there beneficial, what with their current demands and all.

Here is the link to that thread over there:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...74#post2691974

I hope this is helpful for some people out here! Please keep discussion of this in that thread, though.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #924 of 5,942
The Ultrasone rep I spoke to at a trade show said that they chose an off-beat color so that the phones would easily be recognizable as Ultrasones, a sort of branding through color if you will. I think it makes quite a bit of sense, considering their position as a company relative to the likes of Sennheiser and whatnot. They certainly could have chose many far less attractive colors to stand out, so I don't think they did too bad. Now that 2200 on the other hand....
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #926 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any input on HeadRoom's stance on the Ultrasone line-up. For closed backs, the preferable headphone is the HFI-700. They also prefer the 650 to the 750.

If you go back to page 44 of this thread and scroll a little ways down, you'll find a bit of discussion on this very topic there.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #927 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbritton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you go back to page 44 of this thread and scroll a little ways down, you'll find a bit of discussion on this very topic there.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Thanks Terry, I was reluctant to peruse all 47+ pages for that little tidbit of information.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #928 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ultrasone rep I spoke to at a trade show said that they chose an off-beat color so that the phones would easily be recognizable as Ultrasones, a sort of branding through color if you will. I think it makes quite a bit of sense, considering their position as a company relative to the likes of Sennheiser and whatnot. They certainly could have chose many far less attractive colors to stand out, so I don't think they did too bad. Now that 2200 on the other hand....
wink.gif

Personally, I prefer Audio Technica's approach to this problem: make the headphones DEAD SEXAY!
icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #929 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed, they are certainly not appealing to the eye, and i'm not only talking about the colour. I remember someone saying they look as if Fisher-Price decided to make headphones.

They really could use some new design, especially the headband.

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #930 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember someone saying they look as if Fisher-Price decided to make headphones.

No, that's the iGrados!
icon10.gif

igrado.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back