The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #65,146 of 89,799

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928-181424~2.png
    Screenshot_20230928-181424~2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #65,147 of 89,799
Hello my great 'Cooler friends, hope everything is well and everyone is doing great!
This is posted in the EE thread too but I just wanted to share it with all of you guys aswell.

I was at Vision Ears in cologne two days ago.
I made an appointment and asked to audition Aura and X.
They said that X is no problem as it belongs to their core lineup.
For Aura they couldn't promise me anything.
Upon arrival they happily told me that they could get their hands on an Aura but I should be very careful not to scratch it and basically baby it.
I started listening to Aura and VEX (asked for an EXT too since I liked it the last time I heard it but didn't have the DAPs to compare better) through my RS8, N8ii and made comparisons to my Ragnar, Xe6 and Rn6 for like 2 and 1/2 hours.
But as of how VE communicated to me the Aura was still under "NDA" and I am not allowed to say anything about it.
I didn't have to sign anything, but out of respect to VE I will keep my word.

It was a great day and I was very happy with what I got, so much so that I did not have to think about an upgrade or a side grade.

IMG_5792.jpeg
Please tell us at least how to do yo like VE X compared to everything else except Aura?😂😂

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #65,148 of 89,799
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #65,149 of 89,799
Frequency response measurement comparisons (Ambient Acoustics MAD24)
This is an old topic. I do not really use FR Graphs other than as a casual observer. There are so many other dependencies: what frequency was used to normalize the graph? How does the curve change at different normalizations? Is the graph compensated? Is the FR below 200hz accurate? What insertion depth is used? Etc.

I have heard similar measured IEMs sound very different to my ears and I have also heard similar measured IEMs sound close. I am sure there is a way to know how an IEM will sound via measurements, but I do not know how to do it. Many high end manufacturers both measure and listen when developing their products.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #65,151 of 89,799
Already sold out? Or just because it isn't released yet? Love the shells 😁

Ja, it’s not released yet. Perhaps they should change it to “Coming Soon”

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #65,152 of 89,799
This has been put on the Facebook page of 64Audio. Quite an interesting price.

IMG_8252.jpeg

The link is throwing a 404 not found. May be they are just updating it.

https://bit.ly/3tjdv52

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #65,153 of 89,799
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #65,155 of 89,799
Interested with oriolus 4 DD IEM. I bet there'll be a battle of trifecta vs monachaa later 😂

If I had to guess Monachaa will be more mid-centric as per Oriolus house sound. It should be perfectly complementary to Trifectas bass dominant sound. The real question for me will be VEX vs. Monachaa as Oriolus and VE are the two midrange titans in the portable world right now imho.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #65,156 of 89,799
Please tell us at least how to do yo like VE X compared to everything else except Aura?😂😂
VEX is very energetic sounding, much more than Ragnar. It sounds very W shape, bass is crazy, mids are great but the only problem I had was with some hot peaky treble. And this is from someone who loves Ragnar treble and thinks it's absolutely perfect. VEX is too sibilant for me. Cannot really compare to RN6 and XE6. They sound much warmer, have a much more laidback presentation. Guaranteeing long hours of fatigue free listening.
IMO and for my preferred sound signature FIR lineup is above VE lineup.
I made a bigger post on the EE thread about VEX and everything else except Aura.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #65,157 of 89,799
VEX is very energetic sounding, much more than Ragnar. It sounds very W shape, bass is crazy, mids are great but the only problem I had was with some hot peaky treble. And this is from someone who loves Ragnar treble and thinks it's absolutely perfect. VEX is too sibilant for me. Cannot really compare to RN6 and XE6. They sound much warmer, have a much more laidback presentation. Guaranteeing long hours of fatigue free listening.
IMO and for my preferred sound signature FIR lineup is above VE lineup.
I made a bigger post on the EE thread about VEX and everything else except Aura.

out of curiosity why did you post that in empire ears thread?

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #65,160 of 89,799

Users who are viewing this thread

Back