The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #65,116 of 91,342
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #65,117 of 91,342
No worries at all, I was just teasing with you. Thank you for the detailed info. I’m going to send them an email :)

In all fairness, I have been known to tease, so it was probably well deserved. 🤣

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #65,119 of 91,342
I love hunting for nerdy audio accessories to solve ‘problems’ in this hobby. I find at times when I need to put my IEMs down for a few minutes or so that they might slide on the surface beside my desktop - not anymore, bought some non slip mats and a wooden serving tray to position whatever IEM is on duty on… a relatively cheap audio fix that makes me very happy 😂 Oh and CDs via my desktop via MEST = 🥰

IMG_7698.jpeg

IMG_7696.jpeg

IMG_7702.jpeg
It's a great idea. In fact, I usually carry my gear from room to room on these trays. Then I can put the trays, with gear on them, right into the shelves in my storage cabinet.
DMP and N30LE.jpg

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #65,120 of 91,342
It's a great idea. In fact, I usually carry my gear from room to room on these trays. Then I can put the trays, with gear on them, right into the shelves in my storage cabinet.
DMP and N30LE.jpg
This is great, I use trays also. Very convienient and easy to carry. I also like that I can slide it across a hard surface i.e. my desk to position where it is best or when switching gear, etc.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #65,121 of 91,342
I’m pretty reluctant to share my impressions, because I don’t put any effort and I don’t even like reading detailed impressions myself. So I’d still suggest asking Chang, I believe he will be happy to share his insights. From my quick listen, Blue Hour seems to render a more controlled sound, particularly in the higher mids (?). Bass wise I don’t seem too hear a lot of difference, though this may change since I’ve only used Blue Hour for less than an hour. I don’t think it needs pointing out that putting aside subjective hearing and sensory perceptions, the type of gear and consequent synergies in the chain make a substantive difference. I don’t know whether I have the Vanguard 2w or 4w (this is a temporary borrow, pending completion of my Blue Hour), but I suspect it’s the former. But do I prefer Blue Hour? Yes, esp since I also listen to Asian vocals, so I really like when nuances and the enunciation come out clearer.
may i ask what case it that ? has a lovely patina to it.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #65,122 of 91,342
Thank you so much 🙏🏼

I’m now quite interested in this set!!

Edit: do they offer universal? I see that it’s custom only but they show them with ear tips?
Reading up on it, they seem to do a custom fit for the concha but otherwise it's still using eartips? And the fit would be more akin to traditional eartips as it doesn't go past the second bend in the canal? Weird system.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #65,123 of 91,342
Reading up on it, they seem to do a custom fit for the concha but otherwise it's still using eartips? And the fit would be more akin to traditional eartips as it doesn't go past the second bend in the canal? Weird system.
Yeah very interesting.... Thank you for the information. :)

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #65,125 of 91,342
Very elegant! I use a laundry basket to transport my mobile collection from room to room… 🙈😅

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #65,126 of 91,342
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #65,127 of 91,342
🤣 Sorry about that!

In my rush to post several posts at once, I forget to mention that it's the Bellos Audio X4. And surprisingly, in a reversal of ever increasing price points, it's the same price as the original UERM at just under a kilobuck.
Interesting.... until reading about the propietary RCX cable connectors...

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #65,128 of 91,342
SubTonic Opus Reference Monitor
What is this? Couldn’t find any info. Links please?

Based on recommendations from you guys, my Noble Ragnar CIEM is in the making.

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #65,130 of 91,342
I agree on the MAD24’s. I heard them in 2022 and 2023 and did not care for them. They were simply not in the class of the top IEMs for me.
Wow.
I don’t understand at all.
I understand if some of you heard an older version from 2018 (I didn’t but seen some measurements).
Maybe I’m deaf. That must be it.
Or a difference between UIEM and CIEM.
Idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back