The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 11, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #61,321 of 87,733
Hopefully life goes smoothly for you, at least you have an awesome setup to keep you going.

Thanks man you too-- I've really slowed down in this hobby in the last few months, due to "real life" taking a bit of a toll but also that I finally seem to have found something that ticks all my boxes. There hasn't been much on the horizon lately either, though I'm sure that will change. Quite excited for CanJam SoCal!

AKSR35 : What a wonderful little DAP ! Ticks all the boxes for a small portable device that is streaming capable, has good battery life, and sounds good. Bass is a tiny bit too prominent but it is well controlled, as is the soundstage. And its very musical. This little take anywhere dap just makes me happy.

+1...factoring in use case and convenience it's my favorite player right now. Only gripe is that it doesn't do as well with IEMs that need a crap ton of power (like Diva).

Personally I couldn’t get into Odin.

Me neither. It does have quite a following but it's tuning is quite divisive (the upper mids in particular). I always found it unnatural. YMMV etc.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #61,322 of 87,733
Rhapsodio Supreme MK3

Hey guys,

Since I bought my Rhapsodio Supreme MK3 last month, I have spent extensive time comparing it to other Summit-Fi IEMs, and I would like to share my impressions with you in case you are interested.

*Please note that I am not a professional reviewer, but rather an audiophile who loves music and rolling TOTL IEMs. Please bear with me if my sharing is not objective or professional enough.*

Background
To be honest, I had very limited knowledge of Rhapsodio before purchasing the Supreme MK3. I had never heard of any of their IEMs before and didn't know what to expect. What triggered me was the demo at the Tokyo Headphone Festival back in April. I had the chance to meet with the founder, Sammy, and try the Supreme MK3. After a brief audition, I decided to pull the trigger and add this golden little guy to my TOTL IEMs collection.

Overall impression
  • To me, the Supreme MK3 is an ultra-resolving/analytical IEM, with detail presentation that is quite ahead of other IEMs in my collection. Originally, I would have considered the Viking Ragnar to be the analytical god, but the Supreme MK3 took it to another level. The sound is aggressive for sure, and I can find the precise details and separation I need, especially for classical music.
  • Listening to the Supreme has a very unique feeling unlike other Summit-Fi IEMs. You can feel the different interpretation of the sound stages, and vocal placement is reasonably distant. It's almost like listening to headphones instead of IEMs. I would give credit to the brass shell.
  • The overall tuning is relatively mid/high-focused, with a little bit of emphasis on the treble depending on the sources. The bass is fast and snappy, with good quality, but not enough for bass heads. I have tried pairing it with different DAPs, and I like pairing the Supreme with warm/analog-sounding DAPs, especially LP6, N8ii, and P6pro.
  • The Supreme requires quite a lot of power to drive. To put it into perspective, my normal listening level on Traillii/Mentor, driven by P6Pro, is low gain 28, Phonix Limited is low gain 19, while the Supreme requires high gain 35. It also scales significantly with external amps. I tried P6pro line out to Little Dot LD Y3/Cayin 9, and both pairings yielded great results, with soundstage being further expanded and added extra sub-bass.
  • Comfort is one of my few complaints about the Supreme. Given its full brass shell, the IEM itself is one of the heaviest that I have tried, even heavier compared to the Viking Ragnar. I spent quite some time tip rolling to settle on my ideal tips (Azla max tws) to get a reasonably comfortable listening experience with them, as they kept slipping out. The shape itself is comfortable, but the only issue is the weight.
Comparison
In my opinion, the Supreme definitely stands firm among the Summit-Fi league, especially for audiophiles who enjoy critical listening and want to hear every bit of fine details in the music.
  • Compared to the IEMs I own/have owned, the Supreme has the biggest soundstage expansion: Traillii, Jewel, Mentor, Viking Ragnar, Phonix Limited, etc. The tuning is a little bit closer to the Viking Ragnar; both have excellent details, but the Supreme has a more aggressive treble and even better clarity. However, sometimes sibilance would be a problem in certain recordings, pairing with warm sounding DAP like P6Pro would fix.
  • The Supreme is very complementary to my other collections. If I enjoy relaxed/non-fatiguing long listening sessions, I would choose Traillii. If I want to listen to ballads with a particular focus on vocals, I would choose Phonix LE. But for classical/critical listening sessions, I will always lean towards Supreme.
TLDR: I enjoy the Supreme quite a lot and would recommend it to all treble lovers who like analytical presentation. Whether the Supreme is worth the selling price, I will leave it up to you guys to decide :wink:

PS: I recently also bought the P-Zero, the flagship planar IEM from Simphonio in China. My initial impression is that it's another beast! I will share more about it and comparisons in the future :)

P6Pro + Cayin C9 (Pre-in mode)+ Orpheus Shielding IC + First Time Shielding + Supreme MK3
thanks for sharing. sup mk3 has been on my radar for some time but for whatever reason this iem is not talked about or reviewed.

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #61,323 of 87,733
thanks for sharing. sup mk3 has been on my radar for some time but for whatever reason this iem is not talked about or reviewed.
I love Rhapsodio, but Sammy is quite an eccentric and I think that is part of the reason why his IEMs don't get that much attention. He doesn't market his brand as aggressively as others and he doesn't send around review samples very quickly. Given how much this hobby is led by influencers who get free samples or deep discounts so they can claim to be a "customer spending their own money" (and selling afterwards to make a profit), Sammy simply isn't that attractive for them to work with. He is genuinely passionate about what he does, though.

That said, his tuning can also be quite eccentric at times as I found out myself. The Galaxy V2 were a treble head's dream with amazing bass, the original Zombie were completely bonkers fun that made no sense whatsoever and I absolutely loved them for it (I called them "Marmite" IEMs 😅), while the Eden had some of the very best timbre for classical (and acoustic) music I have ever heard.

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #61,324 of 87,733
while the Eden had some of the very best timbre for classical (and acoustic) music I have ever heard.
All hail Eden!! These are facts.

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #61,325 of 87,733
while the Eden had some of the very best timbre for classical (and acoustic) music I have ever heard.
All hail Eden!! These are facts.
I too can attest to this!

Although…the Dita Perpetua may put up a good, maybe even great battle against the Eden.

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #61,326 of 87,733
Unironically so excited for my most recent purchase:

1689093642449.png

We're heading out for summer road trip in a few weeks, my 3yo daughter gets her first pair of cans! Had to go with my boys at Lucid (Ety, Westone etc) for the occasion, her ears deserve it :)

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #61,327 of 87,733
So... erm... definitely got scammed on a Head Fi classifieds from someones account who was hacked. Thankfully I paid G&S as well as through my credit card and have already submitted my claim through PayPal with evidence. Anyone have any idea how long this typically takes to get resolved? I'm certain this will be handled accordingly, but I did not need this extra headache. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #61,328 of 87,733
Although…the Dita Perpetua may put up a good, maybe even great battle against the Eden.
Hmm, intrigued. Makes sense though. The Final/Dita SK was pretty good in that department, even though the tuning and fit didn't work for me (too much lower treble emphasis) and the shell cut into my ears when I managed to get a seal.

What's the tuning on Perpetua like, did you review or post about it?

So... erm... definitely got scammed on a Head Fi classifieds from someones account who was hacked. Thankfully I paid G&S as well as through my credit card and have already submitted my claim through PayPal with evidence. Anyone have any idea how long this typically takes to get resolved? I'm certain this will be handled accordingly, but I did not need this extra headache. 🤦🏽‍♂️
That sucks! Wishing a quick resolve. So annoying.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #61,329 of 87,733
Not yet. I’ve not had it very long but will post impressions soon.

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #61,330 of 87,733
Listen to Jewel louder, it was designed for loud volumes, hence why many people find it boring because they don't listen loud enough IMO. It comes alive loud. The pairing with Hugo2 is spectacular.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
There are persons here who listen to their music at ridiculously low volume levels, and therefore struggle to understand this simple concept.

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #61,331 of 87,733
To everyone that got screwed I’m sorry..woke up this morning to a bunch of PMs of items that I never had. How does this crap happen? I’m so annoyed.

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #61,332 of 87,733
To everyone that got screwed I’m sorry..woke up this morning to a bunch of PMs of items that I never had. How does this crap happen? I’m so annoyed.
And just a tip to everyone here. If u try and log in to head-fi and it prompts u for 2 factor authentication but didn’t ever select it, your account has been hacked. I couldn’t get in for around 20 hours and had to email head fi for a password reset. The ***hole sold like a bunch of made up items in the interim.

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #61,334 of 87,733
Warm neutral pleasant tuning with the perks of single DD timbre and coherency, but technicalities are quite underwhelming for its asking price. Treble sounds rolled off too leading to a somewhat congested sound. A good IEM for relaxed listening but I wouldn't necessarily put it over the likes of IE900/TZ700/etc.

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #61,335 of 87,733
And just a tip to everyone here. If u try and log in to head-fi and it prompts u for 2 factor authentication but didn’t ever select it, your account has been hacked. I couldn’t get in for around 20 hours and had to email head fi for a password reset. The ***hole sold like a bunch of made up items in the interim.

oh my god
im buy m9+

He sent a photo with my name and date next to the product.

Attachments

• B68073A4-F002-45F6-A393-4714B0E6F9F4.png
    B68073A4-F002-45F6-A393-4714B0E6F9F4.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1C7BBF0D-0CC7-4CC2-877A-232C89617CFF.png
    1C7BBF0D-0CC7-4CC2-877A-232C89617CFF.png
    881.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back