The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 27, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #87,721 of 88,754
The Craft Ears Omnium is typically my gym IEM but today it is what I wanted to listen to at home as the BA bass from Storm just wasn't satisfying me this morning.

Whatever cheap-y cable that comes with this IEM is oxidizing nicely to match my faceplates. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do wish this set had stronger micro dynamic contrast and detail particularly in the mid range but hey... a good tuning (and some deep DD bass texture) goes a long way for enjoyment. :beerchug:

IMG_0019.JPG

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #87,722 of 88,754
The Craft Ears Omnium is typically my gym IEM but today it is what I wanted to listen to at home as the BA bass from Storm just wasn't satisfying me this morning.

Whatever cheap-y cable that comes with this IEM is oxidizing nicely to match my faceplates. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do wish this set had stronger micro dynamic contrast and detail particularly in the mid range but hey... a good tuning (and some deep DD bass texture) goes a long way for enjoyment. :beerchug:

IMG_0019.JPG
What does Craftears say about that cable oxidizing??, this model is relatively new. Unless there is something going electrically

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #87,723 of 88,754
What does Craftears say about that cable oxidizing??, this model is relatively new. Unless there is something going electrically

I’m not sure. I sweat all over the cable as it’s an IEM I use at the gym. I am sure that is why it has oxidized. I haven’t asked them about it as I know I’m putting the cable under abnormal use and it’s likely my own fault.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #87,724 of 88,754
Those electrons must be getting super stimulated.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #87,725 of 88,754
Haha cheers!

Yes, this is by far the most daunting music acquisition but definitely first class. So excited for it to arrive.

1714056919705.jpeg
I have it on my hard drive

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #87,726 of 88,754
I’m not sure. I sweat all over the cable as it’s an IEM I use at the gym. I am sure that is why it has oxidized. I haven’t asked them about it as I know I’m putting the cable under abnormal use and it’s likely my own fault.
Implies the cable is not woven in a Litz structure, which prevents oxidation. Otherwise, silver(-plating) especially will oxidate from sweat pretty quickly. Does not affect sound, just looks.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #87,727 of 88,754
When will we finally be able to collect your sweat, and how much would you charge extra over the new price? Can you perhaps put 2 or 3 pre-sweated sets on Classifieds?

drftr

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #87,728 of 88,754
Implies the cable is not woven in a Litz structure, which prevents oxidation. Otherwise, silver(-plating) especially will oxidate from sweat pretty quickly. Does not affect sound, just looks.

Gotcha, maybe I’ll start rubbing it all over me so the whole thing turns green and matches. 😜

When will we finally be able to collect your sweat, and how much would you charge extra over the new price? Can you perhaps put 2 or 3 pre-sweated sets on Classifieds?

drftr

I think @bigbeans has already reserved the first 5 gallons. Weird fella that guy.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #87,730 of 88,754
Gotcha, maybe I’ll start rubbing it all over me so the whole thing turns green and matches. 😜

I think @bigbeans has already reserved the first 5 gallons. Weird fella that guy.
I have inundated my Cascaras with sweat at this point - I can hold onto it if you guys want. No cable patina yet but I'm really trying...

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #87,731 of 88,754
So bizarre. You’d assume the metal is fully covered in insulation and thus not exposed to air or sweat. It means there’s a breakage in the insulation somewhere.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #87,732 of 88,754
So bizarre. You’d assume the metal is fully covered in insulation and thus not exposed to air or sweat. It means there’s a breakage in the insulation somewhere.
I believe it gets in through the earpiece itself, not through the insulation.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #87,733 of 88,754
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #87,735 of 88,754
NG audio Hercules

After NG Audio has launched a number of headphones that are highly respected by enthusiasts, such as NG12, Chronos, EURUS and KHAOS, with years of accumulation of R&D technology in professional headphones, this time it decided to challenge itself and pioneered the use of BA + PLANAR + EST hybrid technology.
Naturally linking the 3 types of units, vigorously creating miracles, and playing infinite possibilities!

NG Audio Heracles HKD $6,999

Heracles, the most famous hero in the Greek hunting myth. Representatives who dare to challenge the tradition, break through the shackles, and say no to the old times. NG uses him to name a new generation of in-ear headphones, which also expresses NG Audio's determination and confidence to continue to challenge itself and try new things.

Heracles uses a 3-way design:

The low frequency adopts the sound loud custom BA low frequency unit. Combined with NG Audio I.P.R.V (Integrated pressure relief valves) integrated pressure relief technology, it balances the air pressure in the ear, cavity and outside, and increases the low frequency density and flexibility. At the same time, it effectively avoids the defects of dry sound and obvious boundary feeling of the unit;

The intermediate frequency has adopted a breakthrough 10mm flat panel (planar) unit with a double-sided magnetic structure independently developed by NG Audio, which highlights the excellent intermediate frequency characteristics of the flat panel unit.

The sound is delicate and the details are outstanding, taking into account the dual requirements of analysis and musicality.

The high frequency uses 2 customized acoustic electrostatic high frequency units to provide high-density and soft and beautiful high frequency, combined with the delicate and soft expression of the mid-frequency of the flat unit, which makes people shine.

The integration of traditional craftsmanship and modern technology

The appearance is made of a transparent black cavity made of German DETAX resin, with a specially-tuned dark blue mica panel, which is stable and deep.

The overall sound style is calm and majestic, the vocals are gentle and beautiful, and the instrumental performance is excellent.

Heracles specifications:

Unit: 5 units divided by 3 Headphone unit distribution:

2 mid and low frequency (BA), 1 mid and high frequency (PM), 2 high frequency (EST)
3-way crossover design

Headphone cable: 0.78 2pin 8-core copper plated silver, 2.5mm balanced, 4.4mm balanced, 3.5mm single-ended plug is optional

Impedance: 14Ω1Khz

Sensitivity: 100db SPL@1mW

Sound insulation effect: 26db(CM)

Frequency response: 5-70khz

5805E71D-FAB0-4A3F-904B-07462029B640.jpeg0B3838F2-E661-4DDA-BA3E-0F3E18FBA655.jpeg2E3DF3BB-D45B-42E8-9521-1DACA76EFB61.jpeg

After 3 years I’m still drolling on Heracles, I really loved Eurus+ BA bass so it’s small sister intrigue me also but looks no one tried it here…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back