The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #87,691 of 88,590
My friends, the amplifier has finally arrived.

Gold-plated on 24K pure brass, gas-resistant coating, but comes with a leather case.

Introduce The Fate work process and appearance

a quadruple board of fate

It is an elaborate board that combines all four boards into one.

The board color is usually green.

However, the boards of fate are all plated with gold, and the amount of gold has doubled over standard gold plating, which is different from traditional boards.

4 separate OPs
10 hours of battery life
It weighs 4.2 lb.
①. Four layers (substrate)

* Improved signal integrity

The quad-layer board improves signal integrity by implementing dedicated ground and power planes.

It reduces noise, crosstalk, and signal interference to provide a clean audio signal.

* Reduced electromagnetic interference (EMI)

More layers allow for better EMI isolation techniques to be implemented.

This is especially important for audio amplifiers, as even small amounts of interference can degrade sound quality.

* Improved power distribution

Quad-layer boards allow for more efficient power distribution throughout the amplifier circuitry.

This ensures stabilization of voltage levels and reduced voltage dips, resulting in stable performance.

* Increased design flexibility

The additional layers provide more routing space and flexibility during the design process.

This allows you to implement more complex circuits, optimal component placement, and shorter signal paths, which can contribute to better amplifier performance.

* Thermal management

Quad-layer boards can have better thermal management through the implementation of heat dissipation technologies such as thermal vias and copper foils.

This prevents key components from overheating and ensures long-term reliability.

* High Density Integration

Quad-layer boards offer a higher density of integration than single or dual-layer boards.

You can integrate additional features such as input/output interfaces, control circuits, and protection mechanisms without sacrificing board space or performance.

Overall, quad-layer boards can have higher manufacturing costs and design complexity, but they offer significant benefits in signal integrity, EMI isolation, power distribution, design flexibility, thermal management, and integration density, making them the preferred choice for high-performance amplifier applications.

②. DISCRETE OPAMP V5 dual

* High Performance

The DISCRETE OPAMP achieves high performance because it can be designed with a choice of dedicated components.

This includes low distortion, high bandwidth, fast response, etc.

* Low power and low loss

DISCRETE OPAMP circuits have lower losses than integrated circuits.

They are ideal for audio amplifiers or high-frequency applications.

* Easy to replace

The DISCRETE OPAMP's individual components are replaceable, making maintenance easy in the event of a failure.

③ Substrate gold plating * 2x

Gold plating provides a number of benefits:

* Electrical stability.

Gold has excellent electrical conductivity, which improves the electrical stability of circuit traces.

It provides low resistance and stable electrical connections, minimizing distortion of signals and maintaining signal integrity.

The electrical conductivity is further enhanced when the gold plating layer is doubled in thickness.

It can increase the efficiency of electrical transmission in circuit traces and contact areas.

* Corrosion and oxidation protection

Gold plating is highly resistant to corrosion and oxidation.

This extends the life of the circuit and ensures its stability, providing long-term reliability.

Double-thick gold plating can provide even stronger corrosion and oxidation resistance.

This improves the lifespan and reliability of the board.

* Excellent contact properties

Gold plating has excellent contact properties, enhancing contact between components and between boards.

This improves the stability and reliability of signal transmission.

Double-thick gold plating can further strengthen the contact between components and between boards.

This can further improve the reliability and stability of electrical connections.

* Reliable weldability

Gold plating has excellent weldability and helps to reliably attach circuit components to the board.

This enhances the manufacturing process and improves productivity.

When the gold plating layer is doubled in thickness, the weldability is further improved.

This helps to attach circuit components more reliably to the board.

* Increased fatigue strength

Gold plating increases the fatigue strength of circuit boards and extends the life of circuit components.

This improves the reliability and durability of the circuit.

Double thicker gold plating provides higher fatigue strength, which can further improve the durability and reliability of the circuit board.

* High-end appearance

Gold plating enhances the appearance of the circuit board, giving it a visually more elegant and high-end appearance.

* Maintain stability over time

Twice as thick gold plating is more likely to maintain stability over time, which helps ensure the performance of the circuit board in the long run.

- Appearance

Pure brass case.

The pure brass provides a perfect ground.

The gassing that comes with using brass has been improved with an anti-gassing coating and gold plating.

④ Sound

-This is Jupiter Audio's flagship power amplifier.

As a flagship amplifier, it boasts a very spacious, old-fashioned sound and the highest resolution.

It was made without considering the cost of production.

It is built on the basis of him, and the unique characteristics of the amplifier are not strong. It greatly enhances the characteristics of the source DAP / DAC / preamplifier.

The advantages of The Fate as a producer are "the highest performance, the highest resolution, expansive staging, not burning matching".

I'm comparing it with Brise Audio TSURNAGI.

But I think the results are coming out right away.

Brise Audio TSURNAGI must be sold.

My friends, the amplifier has finally arrived.

Gold-plated on 24K pure brass, gas-resistant coating, but comes with a leather case.

KakaoTalk_20240426_210919210.jpg
KakaoTalk_20240426_210919210_01.jpgKakaoTalk_20240426_210919210_02.jpg

Introduce The Fate work process and appearance

1712041327653.jpg1712041325678.jpg
a quadruple board of fate

It is an elaborate board that combines all four boards into one.

The board color is usually green.

However, the boards of fate are all plated with gold, and the amount of gold has doubled over standard gold plating, which is different from traditional boards.
Screenshot_20240408_071353_NAVER.png

4 separate OPs
10 hours of battery life
It weighs 4.2 lb.
①. Four layers (substrate)

* Improved signal integrity

The quad-layer board improves signal integrity by implementing dedicated ground and power planes.

It reduces noise, crosstalk, and signal interference to provide a clean audio signal.

* Reduced electromagnetic interference (EMI)

More layers allow for better EMI isolation techniques to be implemented.

This is especially important for audio amplifiers, as even small amounts of interference can degrade sound quality.

* Improved power distribution

Quad-layer boards allow for more efficient power distribution throughout the amplifier circuitry.

This ensures stabilization of voltage levels and reduced voltage dips, resulting in stable performance.

* Increased design flexibility

The additional layers provide more routing space and flexibility during the design process.

This allows you to implement more complex circuits, optimal component placement, and shorter signal paths, which can contribute to better amplifier performance.

* Thermal management

Quad-layer boards can have better thermal management through the implementation of heat dissipation technologies such as thermal vias and copper foils.

This prevents key components from overheating and ensures long-term reliability.

* High Density Integration

Quad-layer boards offer a higher density of integration than single or dual-layer boards.

You can integrate additional features such as input/output interfaces, control circuits, and protection mechanisms without sacrificing board space or performance.

Overall, quad-layer boards can have higher manufacturing costs and design complexity, but they offer significant benefits in signal integrity, EMI isolation, power distribution, design flexibility, thermal management, and integration density, making them the preferred choice for high-performance amplifier applications.

②. DISCRETE OPAMP V5 dual

* High Performance

The DISCRETE OPAMP achieves high performance because it can be designed with a choice of dedicated components.

This includes low distortion, high bandwidth, fast response, etc.

* Low power and low loss

DISCRETE OPAMP circuits have lower losses than integrated circuits.

They are ideal for audio amplifiers or high-frequency applications.

* Easy to replace

The DISCRETE OPAMP's individual components are replaceable, making maintenance easy in the event of a failure.

③ Substrate gold plating * 2x

Gold plating provides a number of benefits:

* Electrical stability.

Gold has excellent electrical conductivity, which improves the electrical stability of circuit traces.

It provides low resistance and stable electrical connections, minimizing distortion of signals and maintaining signal integrity.

The electrical conductivity is further enhanced when the gold plating layer is doubled in thickness.

It can increase the efficiency of electrical transmission in circuit traces and contact areas.

* Corrosion and oxidation protection

Gold plating is highly resistant to corrosion and oxidation.

This extends the life of the circuit and ensures its stability, providing long-term reliability.

Double-thick gold plating can provide even stronger corrosion and oxidation resistance.

This improves the lifespan and reliability of the board.

* Excellent contact properties

Gold plating has excellent contact properties, enhancing contact between components and between boards.

This improves the stability and reliability of signal transmission.

Double-thick gold plating can further strengthen the contact between components and between boards.

This can further improve the reliability and stability of electrical connections.

* Reliable weldability

Gold plating has excellent weldability and helps to reliably attach circuit components to the board.

This enhances the manufacturing process and improves productivity.

When the gold plating layer is doubled in thickness, the weldability is further improved.

This helps to attach circuit components more reliably to the board.

* Increased fatigue strength

Gold plating increases the fatigue strength of circuit boards and extends the life of circuit components.

This improves the reliability and durability of the circuit.

Double thicker gold plating provides higher fatigue strength, which can further improve the durability and reliability of the circuit board.

* High-end appearance

Gold plating enhances the appearance of the circuit board, giving it a visually more elegant and high-end appearance.

* Maintain stability over time

Twice as thick gold plating is more likely to maintain stability over time, which helps ensure the performance of the circuit board in the long run.

- Appearance

Pure brass case.

The pure brass provides a perfect ground.

The gassing that comes with using brass has been improved with an anti-gassing coating and gold plating.

④ Sound

-This is Jupiter Audio's flagship power amplifier.

As a flagship amplifier, it boasts a very spacious, old-fashioned sound and the highest resolution.

It was made without considering the cost of production.

It is built on the basis of him, and the unique characteristics of the amplifier are not strong. It greatly enhances the characteristics of the source DAP / DAC / preamplifier.

The advantages of The Fate as a producer are "the highest performance, the highest resolution, expansive staging, not burning matching".

I'm comparing it with Brise Audio TSURNAGI.

But I think the results are coming out right away.

Brise Audio TSURNAGI must be sold.
Looks very nice

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #87,692 of 88,590
More on the Electronic music genre..

I have found that, as per some people's suggestion, trying to deliberately disconnect myself from reality and to let myself be taken to an alternate dimension or realm while listening to the genre is easier said than done..

However, it just happened some time when I was experimenting with random Electronic music that I just (mostly) stopped thinking about the music altogether, and just embraced (components of) the sound that came to me naturally.. by then I was still pretty much present in reality but was also enjoying what I was hearing..

This is a totally different approach to how I usually listen to the other genres.. where I look into the music at components that I want to observe or at the arrangement as a whole.. of course when it comes to vocals in foreign languages that I do not understand, the most that I can do is observe the timbre of the vocal, the singing techniques, the emotions and energy, etc..

So, this is what I can summarize so far based on my short experiments:
You can think about the music, all you want, when you listen to everything else.. but absolutely DO NOT think about the music AT ALL when listening to Electronic, just embrace and enjoy all the sound that is coming to you..

It would be interesting to see how everyone else listens to their music (any genre) when using serious high-end gears.. 😁
We all do listen differently, and in different settings, so this will definitely be a YMMV kind of thing.

I have probably 2 different modes of listening. One where I’m concentrating on something else, usually work, or when I’m reading. In these scenarios, I typically will choose music that has either no lyrics, or lyrics in a language I don’t understand, so that I don’t get distracted so easily. A12t gets a lot of use like this, as it’s steady, even-keel sound doesn’t tend to grab my attention and pull me away from what I’m “supposed” to be doing like other sets do.

Otherwise, I’ll listen much more actively, like if I’m out for a walk, chilling at my desk exploring the week’s new releases, or staring out the window of the train. Spartacus, Xe6, and when I had it Anni, were great for this, each in their own way making me lean forward and pulling me deeply into the music.

On this, when I listen to music with vocals, I actually don’t pay attention to what they are saying/meaning. I tend to consider the voice as another instrument in the blend of sounds. I guess that’s why I can easily listen to a song in any language and enjoy it lmao.

It’s like yea they’re saying something but whatever it is the info is going out as fast as it’s going in.
Again, for me, it depends. Since getting into headfi, I’ve been exploring a lot of artists and music from many different countries in a lot of different languages, but especially Spanish & Arabic. Maybe it’s the folk traditions of North Africa, the Middle East & South America that’s got me hooked on the music itself, but not being able to understand what’s being sung is sometimes nice. OR, I’ll sit there with google translate and try to work it out… 🤓. The lyrics are there for a reason after all..

But when it comes to English-language artists, I like the stuff that I do for the lyrics and the messaging therein as much or more than the music itself, mostly (there are always some guilty pleasures eg AC/DC).

Like, St Vincent crafts and performs music extremely well, but it’s in the lyrics where the real magic happens imho:

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #87,694 of 88,590
@Ethanmusic7 is a good friend of mine, who has helped a number of Coolers with their audio purchases / sales. He was helping out at the linsoul booth during this year’s CanJam Singapore.

He passed me some Tigerism cables to try. I particularly like the tri-coloured one which I’m currently pairing with APX. This pairing is on par with some of my other more expensive cables, I’m pretty impressed.

I’m given to understand each of these cables retails at S$599. I can help facilitate a tour for these cables if there is interest, please pm me if so.

Jordan (I believe he had a YouTube channel reviewing audio stuff) has written a few posts: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tigerism-cables.972552/

Attachments

• IMG_9593.jpeg
    IMG_9593.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #87,695 of 88,590
Well, what I've theorized for a while now is indeed true, people are buying jewelry more so than they are buying things to listen to music with. It was inevitable.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #87,696 of 88,590
@Ethanmusic7 is a good friend of mine, who has helped a number of Coolers with their audio purchases / sales. He was helping out at the linsoul booth during this year’s CanJam Singapore.
Looked up his page just last night to see if I could find an Orpheus Shielding for @slumberman but without a positive result. Any other sources you can recommend for exotic stuff?

drftr

Apr 27, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #87,697 of 88,590
AUDEZE CRBN...my first electrostatic headphones... woow, what a different and amazing experience.
I hoped I'd have a chance to try STAX at the Hi-Fi show in October last year...but they didn't show up, like the year before.
I wasn't thinking much of buying one, just to hear what it's all about.
But, how it often happens, there are days that something clicks differently,
and I jumped into that wagon and ordered CRBN last week....yesterday was a pure bliss experience.
I couldn't expect that or imagine it....because it's different...I can't say that these became instantly my favourite headphones,
but I can say...I think the STAX is going to be next :)
So, if you haven't tried electrostatic headphones...and you are willing and open to different sounds, my deep recommendation is to try one.
A couple of days ago, I watched a review about Stax, and reviewer's comment (excitement) was:
"If you have 4-5 headphones, planars or DD..then the fifth or sixth has to be electrostatic" :)

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #87,698 of 88,590
AUDEZE CRBN...my first electrostatic headphones... woow, what a different and amazing experience.
I hoped I'd have a chance to try STAX at the Hi-Fi show in October last year...but they didn't show up, like the year before.
I wasn't thinking much of buying one, just to hear what it's all about.
But, how it often happens, there are days that something clicks differently,
and I jumped into that wagon and ordered CRBN last week....yesterday was a pure bliss experience.
I couldn't expect that or imagine it....because it's different...I can't say that these became instantly my favourite headphones,
but I can say...I think the STAX is going to be next :)
So, if you haven't tried electrostatic headphones...and you are willing and open to different sounds, my deep recommendation is to try one.
A couple of days ago, I watched a review about Stax, and reviewer's comment (excitement) was:
"If you have 4-5 headphones, planars or DD..then the fifth or sixth has to be electrostatic" :)

Cheers!
Audeze CRBN are one of the best electrostatics I have heard, it is true for me that these hit differently, it has the tonal preference I look for. Neat and smooth. Congratulations. 🥂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back