The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 26, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #87,677 of 88,496
I missed out on CJ SG due to a stay in hospital. Hence, when @Uncle Wilson from Jaben SG offered to send across the demo unit of the new Soranik MEMS-3S, I jumped on the offer. :)

Just sharing unboxing photos at this stage. Will give it a listen and offer some impressions in due course.

IMG_4259.jpeg
IMG_4260.jpeg
IMG_4263.jpeg
IMG_4264.jpeg
IMG_4265.jpeg
IMG_4266.jpeg
IMG_4267.jpeg

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #87,678 of 88,496
Apr 26, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #87,679 of 88,496
If you want to test spacing, imaging and soundstage of your wonderful IEM’s.
I can highly recommend this track:

https://tidal.com/track/15666682?u
Love this track. Love all his LPs/EPs. So sonically interesting. Making music with 'found' sounds... And yes it tests soundstage depth as well... Great rec!

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #87,680 of 88,496
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #87,681 of 88,496
What NightJar cable did you receive with Storm and how does FTS compare?
I have the Mira 4w in 4.4mm for stock. I am not sure I noticed any audible differences, but have not really compared them in a critical way. I do notice clear physical issues though. The FTS is softer, fits more comfortably around my ears, is lighter, and just generally luxurious. To be clear though, the Mira 4w is a very very nice cable, I just like the FTS better physically.

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #87,682 of 88,496
I have the Mira 4w in 4.4mm for stock. I am not sure I noticed any audible differences, but have not really compared them in a critical way. I do notice clear physical issues though. The FTS is softer, fits more comfortably around my ears, is lighter, and just generally luxurious. To be clear though, the Mira 4w is a very very nice cable, I just like the FTS better physically.

Yeah I’m not a fan of the Mira 4W from an ergo perspective. You should upgrade it to the Sovereign or Sovereign symphony! They’re much better ergonomically and have the really nice matching hardware.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #87,683 of 88,496
Yeah I’m not a fan of the Mira 4W from an ergo perspective. You should upgrade it to the Sovereign or Sovereign symphony! They’re much better ergonomically and have the really nice matching hardware.
I'd love to check out a Sovereign and the Symphony in person! Also been curious about the Brise stuff. Does it feel as nice as the PWA stuff? Although I do have a neat little present for myself on the way tomorrow. Sort of the opposite of Stormy. :upside_down:

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #87,684 of 88,496
I'd love to check out a Sovereign and the Symphony in person! Also been curious about the Brise stuff. Does it feel as nice as the PWA stuff? Although I do have a neat little present for myself on the way tomorrow. Sort of the opposite of Stormy. :upside_down:

The Brise Yatono isn’t very ergonomic. It’s quite stiff and heavy. The Shirogane is more supple but they wouldn’t be at the top of my list is ergo is your priority.

I’m personally not the biggest fan of PWA cables largely due to the paracord, I find it itchy and irritating. I tried a Chimera Mini from DHC and whatever sleeving he uses I thought was really comfortable instead of the PW paracord, but the ergo of that cable are pretty bad lol.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #87,685 of 88,496
My friends, the amplifier has finally arrived.

Gold-plated on 24K pure brass, gas-resistant coating, but comes with a leather case.

KakaoTalk_20240426_210919210.jpg

KakaoTalk_20240426_210919210_01.jpg
KakaoTalk_20240426_210919210_02.jpg

Introduce The Fate work process and appearance

1712041327653.jpg
1712041325678.jpg

a quadruple board of fate

It is an elaborate board that combines all four boards into one.

The board color is usually green.

However, the boards of fate are all plated with gold, and the amount of gold has doubled over standard gold plating, which is different from traditional boards.
Screenshot_20240408_071353_NAVER.png

4 separate OPs
10 hours of battery life
It weighs 4.2 lb.
①. Four layers (substrate)

* Improved signal integrity

The quad-layer board improves signal integrity by implementing dedicated ground and power planes.

It reduces noise, crosstalk, and signal interference to provide a clean audio signal.

* Reduced electromagnetic interference (EMI)

More layers allow for better EMI isolation techniques to be implemented.

This is especially important for audio amplifiers, as even small amounts of interference can degrade sound quality.

* Improved power distribution

Quad-layer boards allow for more efficient power distribution throughout the amplifier circuitry.

This ensures stabilization of voltage levels and reduced voltage dips, resulting in stable performance.

* Increased design flexibility

The additional layers provide more routing space and flexibility during the design process.

This allows you to implement more complex circuits, optimal component placement, and shorter signal paths, which can contribute to better amplifier performance.

* Thermal management

Quad-layer boards can have better thermal management through the implementation of heat dissipation technologies such as thermal vias and copper foils.

This prevents key components from overheating and ensures long-term reliability.

* High Density Integration

Quad-layer boards offer a higher density of integration than single or dual-layer boards.

You can integrate additional features such as input/output interfaces, control circuits, and protection mechanisms without sacrificing board space or performance.

Overall, quad-layer boards can have higher manufacturing costs and design complexity, but they offer significant benefits in signal integrity, EMI isolation, power distribution, design flexibility, thermal management, and integration density, making them the preferred choice for high-performance amplifier applications.

②. DISCRETE OPAMP V5 dual

* High Performance

The DISCRETE OPAMP achieves high performance because it can be designed with a choice of dedicated components.

This includes low distortion, high bandwidth, fast response, etc.

* Low power and low loss

DISCRETE OPAMP circuits have lower losses than integrated circuits.

They are ideal for audio amplifiers or high-frequency applications.

* Easy to replace

The DISCRETE OPAMP's individual components are replaceable, making maintenance easy in the event of a failure.

③ Substrate gold plating * 2x

Gold plating provides a number of benefits:

* Electrical stability.

Gold has excellent electrical conductivity, which improves the electrical stability of circuit traces.

It provides low resistance and stable electrical connections, minimizing distortion of signals and maintaining signal integrity.

The electrical conductivity is further enhanced when the gold plating layer is doubled in thickness.

It can increase the efficiency of electrical transmission in circuit traces and contact areas.

* Corrosion and oxidation protection

Gold plating is highly resistant to corrosion and oxidation.

This extends the life of the circuit and ensures its stability, providing long-term reliability.

Double-thick gold plating can provide even stronger corrosion and oxidation resistance.

This improves the lifespan and reliability of the board.

* Excellent contact properties

Gold plating has excellent contact properties, enhancing contact between components and between boards.

This improves the stability and reliability of signal transmission.

Double-thick gold plating can further strengthen the contact between components and between boards.

This can further improve the reliability and stability of electrical connections.

* Reliable weldability

Gold plating has excellent weldability and helps to reliably attach circuit components to the board.

This enhances the manufacturing process and improves productivity.

When the gold plating layer is doubled in thickness, the weldability is further improved.

This helps to attach circuit components more reliably to the board.

* Increased fatigue strength

Gold plating increases the fatigue strength of circuit boards and extends the life of circuit components.

This improves the reliability and durability of the circuit.

Double thicker gold plating provides higher fatigue strength, which can further improve the durability and reliability of the circuit board.

* High-end appearance

Gold plating enhances the appearance of the circuit board, giving it a visually more elegant and high-end appearance.

* Maintain stability over time

Twice as thick gold plating is more likely to maintain stability over time, which helps ensure the performance of the circuit board in the long run.

- Appearance

Pure brass case.

The pure brass provides a perfect ground.

The gassing that comes with using brass has been improved with an anti-gassing coating and gold plating.

④ Sound

-This is Jupiter Audio's flagship power amplifier.

As a flagship amplifier, it boasts a very spacious, old-fashioned sound and the highest resolution.

It was made without considering the cost of production.

It is built on the basis of him, and the unique characteristics of the amplifier are not strong. It greatly enhances the characteristics of the source DAP / DAC / preamplifier.

The advantages of The Fate as a producer are "the highest performance, the highest resolution, expansive staging, not burning matching".

I'm comparing it with Brise Audio TSURNAGI.

But I think the results are coming out right away.

Brise Audio TSURNAGI must be sold.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #87,686 of 88,496
Hi Fellas, further on the Electronic music discussion: what kind of IEMs signature/tuning is generally best for the genre?

I mean for IEMs with settings, such as the InEar Prophile8, 64Audio stuff with APEX modules, qdc Anole VX, Vision Ears Erlkönig, etc.. would it be best to use the setting with maximum Bass boost? How about Treble?
For ERLK setting 2 would be the most balanced to my ears. Great sound, all-rounder. Gorgeous mids in this position. In position 1 ( increased bass) I feel you can surpass the XE6 at its own game. Still has great mids with a much more powerful bass response. Which you will like best is up to your preferences.

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #87,687 of 88,496
More on the Electronic music genre..

I have found that, as per some people's suggestion, trying to deliberately disconnect myself from reality and to let myself be taken to an alternate dimension or realm while listening to the genre is easier said than done..

However, it just happened one time when I was experimenting with random Electronic music that I just (mostly) stopped thinking about the music altogether, and just embraced (components of) the sound that came to me naturally.. by then I was still pretty much present in reality but was also enjoying what I was hearing..

This is a totally different approach to how I usually listen to the other genres.. where I look into the music at components that I want to observe or at the arrangement as a whole.. of course when it comes to vocals in foreign languages that I do not understand, the most that I can do is observe the timbre of the vocal, the singing techniques, the emotions and energy, etc..

So, this is what I can summarize so far based on my short experiments:
You can think about the music, all you want, when you listen to everything else.. but absolutely DO NOT think about the music AT ALL when listening to Electronic, just embrace and enjoy all the sound that is coming to you..

It would be interesting to see how everyone else listens to their music (any genre) when using serious high-end gears.. 😁

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #87,688 of 88,496
The Brise Yatono isn’t very ergonomic. It’s quite stiff and heavy. The Shirogane is more supple but they wouldn’t be at the top of my list is ergo is your priority.

I’m personally not the biggest fan of PWA cables largely due to the paracord, I find it itchy and irritating. I tried a Chimera Mini from DHC and whatever sleeving he uses I thought was really comfortable instead of the PW paracord, but the ergo of that cable are pretty bad lol.

Actually depends on which Yatono you're referring to. The OG Yatono is a rare one and, surprisingly, is softer and more ergonomic than even the Asuha LE.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #87,689 of 88,496
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #87,690 of 88,496
More on the Electronic music genre..

I have found that, as per some people's suggestion, trying to deliberately disconnect myself from reality and to let myself be taken to an alternate dimension or realm while listening to the genre is easier said than done..

However, it just happened some time when I was experimenting with random Electronic music that I just (mostly) stopped thinking about the music altogether, and just embraced (components of) the sound that came to me naturally.. by then I was still pretty much present in reality but was also enjoying what I was hearing..

This is a totally different approach to how I usually listen to the other genres.. where I look into the music at components that I want to observe or at the arrangement as a whole.. of course when it comes to vocals in foreign languages that I do not understand, the most that I can do is observe the timbre of the vocal, the singing techniques, the emotions and energy, etc..

So, this is what I can summarize so far based on my short experiments:
You can think about the music, all you want, when you listen to everything else.. but absolutely DO NOT think about the music AT ALL when listening to Electronic, just embrace and enjoy all the sound that is coming to you..

It would be interesting to see how everyone else listens to their music (any genre) when using serious high-end gears.. 😁
On this, when I listen to music with vocals, I actually don’t pay attention to what they are saying/meaning. I tend to consider the voice as another instrument in the blend of sounds. I guess that’s why I can easily listen to a song in any language and enjoy it lmao.

It’s like yea they’re saying something but whatever it is the info is going out as fast as it’s going in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back