The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 11, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #61,336 of 88,799
Warm neutral pleasant tuning with the perks of single DD timbre and coherency, but technicalities are quite underwhelming for its asking price. Treble sounds rolled off too leading to a somewhat congested sound. A good IEM for relaxed listening but I wouldn't necessarily put it over the likes of IE900/TZ700/etc.
Thanks for the impressions. Out of curiosity Did you use only your Sp3k? Or did you try other Daps, amps, etc?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #61,338 of 88,799
oh my god
im buy m9+

He sent a photo with my name and date next to the product.
What is going on here? Whose account was hacked? Or are those two hackers trying to scam each other? :p
Did you pay F&F? I made sure I did G&S as $1800 was already a good price, there was no need to try get a better deal by paying F&F.

If so, I hope you get it sorted.
I was wondering who would sell a just out $3K M9+ for $1800 (or $1900). Maybe normal prices for the second hand market in the US?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #61,339 of 88,799
This surely has to be another scam and this account has also been compromised, who gives a Solaris away for free? He is also I noticed selling a few other items, beware!

IMG_5784.png

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #61,340 of 88,799
This surely has to be another scam and this account has also been compromised, who gives a Solaris away for free? He is also I noticed selling a few other items, beware!

IMG_5784.png
I guess there was a reason for the 2 step authentication being introduced recently.

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #61,342 of 88,799

IMG_5784.png

I’m more intrigued by your unopened messages and notifications! 🫣

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #61,343 of 88,799

Hf desperately needs to do a better job with these issues as of late. It’s very frustrating to see.

But please, people…PLEASE STOP sending thousands of dollars to users with less than 5 posts.

That should be one easily avoidable headache.

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #61,344 of 88,799
Thanks for the impressions. Out of curiosity Did you use only your Sp3k? Or did you try other Daps, amps, etc?

Ie900/Tz700 are only even remotely similar based off driver alone.
It was a while ago - I was using the WM1ZM2 back then.

Not saying that the IE900 and the likes are similar - in fact they are very different than the Perpetua. I think the tuning is quite unique out of all the single DD IEMs, being very smooth, relaxed and full of texture all over the FR. I am just saying that the price tag is a bit too high for me relative to what it can do, especially on the technical side. For me, I associate technical performance with price and I expect a certain level of technicalities as the price gets higher, and I personally think the Perpetua is slightly underwhelming on that end.

Edit: found the impressions I wrote previously

" Typical DD texture, good subbass extension, midbass is quite linear with subbass with a relatively quicker decay than, let's say, the XE6. Quality is very good, reminds me a bit of TZ700's bass but with less quantity. I could imagine this sounding a little bit bass-light coming over from the IE900 or something. For reference, I think the Phonix has a more pronounced midbass bump.

My previous comment about it being an easy listen didn't change, but I did find some new minor flaws - the resolution is not only lacking (for its price), but could get messy if a track has a lot going on. The treble does not extend very well, giving a feeling of the sound "choking" instead of reaching up endlessly, particularly when coupled with a slightly elevated uppermids/lower treble - feels like the upper registers and female vocals have "nowhere to go". Very noticeable after A/Bing with the Phonix, which has a very effortless treble extension. However, all of these adds up to a relaxing listening experience where you can simply enjoy the music without thinking - I can imagine myself using it on a bad/tired day, where I would have taken my XE6 off after 5 seconds."

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #61,345 of 88,799
So, a month or so ago, I posted that I am done with this hobby. Since then, I have bought three IEMs , none of which were very expensive, and three ISN and Penon cables. So much for being "done". Things have slowed down here as expected.
I have begun to sort out my collection of IEMs, ear tips and cables. In doing so, I have given much thought to my next major purchase, a very good portable DAP. Jeff, our leader has been preaching about his A & K AR 35. He has never led me wrong and A & K has recently revamped this DAP. It will be my Christmas present to my self in October or November. Most of my DAPS are kinda big, so I am going for an exercise DAP to replace my little HiBys. Also, there is a surprise IEM coming soon that some of us ordered months ago.

Jul 11, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #61,346 of 88,799
I love Rhapsodio, but Sammy is quite an eccentric and I think that is part of the reason why his IEMs don't get that much attention. He doesn't market his brand as aggressively as others and he doesn't send around review samples very quickly. Given how much this hobby is led by influencers who get free samples or deep discounts so they can claim to be a "customer spending their own money" (and selling afterwards to make a profit), Sammy simply isn't that attractive for them to work with. He is genuinely passionate about what he does, though.

That said, his tuning can also be quite eccentric at times as I found out myself. The Galaxy V2 were a treble head's dream with amazing bass, the original Zombie were completely bonkers fun that made no sense whatsoever and I absolutely loved them for it (I called them "Marmite" IEMs 😅), while the Eden had some of the very best timbre for classical (and acoustic) music I have ever heard.
You are so right. Dealing with Sammy has always been a pleasure. I bought SP3 right on release date and it is currently my top 3.
I haven't review it yet as I really dont know what is its sealing.
When underpowered, it sounds darn right boring, however as we feed it more voltage, it seems to open up a lot more.
Once I find the right cable for it, I will write my detail review.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #61,348 of 88,799
These scammers are annoying, I feel bad for any victime out there.

I’ve gotten a couple dm’s thinking my like-new DX320MAX listing for $2800 is a scam, when it is in fact not! Frustrating to say the least when trust and confidence is at play.

Stay vigilant all.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 11, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #61,349 of 88,799
Enjoying using a smaller DAP as an every day carry!

E39C82FD-9F4C-43D4-8983-6B113AE86A08.jpeg

Fiio FF3: The FF3 is an earbud that I've grown to like for casual listening. It fits well on me having more of an "iem like" fit than Mx500 with the shell sticking out. I think this has a part to do with its best feature: deep reaching pressurized bass. Its mids are not distant or forward. The tuning is mellow with smooth upper mids and rolled off treble. Transients are notably slower and less sharp than Serratus but that's also a part of the charm. I grab this if I want a non fatiguing, relaxing listen for something like Deep House.

Zx707 + FF3 pairing: A negative of 707 is its lower power making Totems bass sound slower and flatter vs Hiby R6 Pro2. 707 seems to drive FF3 fine however. I like the player shifting a bit of the low end emphasis to the mids making it sound fuller.

3AA9CCCB-EF57-4B15-B790-9542AC84CEC0.jpeg

Zx707 + TGX case fitting my compact nyon Lululemon shoulder bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back