The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 15, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #35,071 of 88,876
Last I saw in Aroma thread was $450, the email I received said $500 so I guess they've raised it. Obviously you are expected to cover shipping to and from Aroma as well.

For reference, Itsfit with premium faceplate options is around $400 (basic faceplates is $200 I think?)

But also that was for a Zeus which is 14 BAs, this is also 14 drivers but a tribrid
Is itsfit any good? How can you be sure that the tuning will be right?

$500 is pretty cheap.

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #35,072 of 88,876
Is itsfit any good? How can you be sure that the tuning will be right?

$500 is pretty cheap.
Well I wouldn't use itsfit for any manufacturer that offers official reshelling, so definitely not for Jewel.

I've only used itsfit once for 3rd party which was for the Massdrop Zeus to convert to custom. They match to frequency response chart and take care to recreate it the same way the original manufacturer does (same bore count, tube length, filters). I still used it a lot, prior to getting the jewel

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #35,073 of 88,876
Well I wouldn't use itsfit for any manufacturer that offers official reshelling, so definitely not for Jewel.

I've only used itsfit once for 3rd party which was for the Massdrop Zeus to convert to custom. They match to frequency response chart and take care to recreate it the same way the original manufacturer does (same bore count, tube length, filters). I still used it a lot, prior to getting the jewel
Cool. How good was it?

Sep 15, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #35,074 of 88,876
Cool. How good was it?
Working with them was great, they were communicative and understanding of my concerns.

I trusted them with the Zeus because I know they've done a few of them before and have experience with it. They also have some very beautiful designs and you can come up with your own

Sep 15, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #35,075 of 88,876
I owned an Itsfit reshelled VE8 once and it sounded exactly the same as the real thing.

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #35,076 of 88,876
Itsfit did my N8 and are currently working on Odin, A12T and A18T for me. Will report back but I have confidence they’ll do a good job again.

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #35,077 of 88,876
Itsfit did my N8 and are currently working on Odin, A12T and A18T for me. Will report back but I have confidence they’ll do a good job again.
Was it $400 as reported? Their website had a ridiculously low $150 price.

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #35,079 of 88,876
If this is true, that's very tempting for me to have mine reshelled to customs.
The purist in me is averse to going this route. I only want to go with the original manufacturer for the custom.

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #35,080 of 88,876
Was it $400 as reported? Their website had a ridiculously low $150 price.
The 150 only applies to the most basic IEMs I think. The base rate for most multidriver IEMs is 250. Design elements will add to the cost. The average for my order is around 300 per pair. And then there's some shipping cost and customs fees to be added.

I don't know how long it will take. He's currently working on 8 CIEMs (not sure if that includes mine 😊) but I'm not in a hurry.
The purist in me is averse to going this route. I only want to go with the original manufacturer for the custom.
I understand the sentiment but the original manufacturer only reshells for the original owner, and usually doesn't do uni to CIEM conversions. In my case it's all CIEM to CIEM btw.
If this is true, that's very tempting for me to have mine reshelled to customs.
My Odin is the first he's doing so I'll be the guinea pig.. 😊 He claims the Zeus and my 64 audio ones are more complex and I trust him on that. My Odin is almost done. It will look exactly like the universal Odin.

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #35,081 of 88,876
I understand the sentiment but the original manufacturer only reshells for the original owner, and usually doesn't do uni to CIEM conversions. In my case it's all CIEM to CIEM btw.

If I am doing a custom to custom for a cheap price, I might try it.

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #35,083 of 88,876
How much did Zeus's sound improve? Going from universal to custom??? :spy::spy::spy:
Assume you were trying to reply to me, the extra seal certainly helps with Zeus' nearly non existant sub bass. Staging improvements too, Zeus still one of the kings of resolution. Tonality might not be for everyone but I still love that IEM.

Most importantly, the shortcuts Massdrop took for the housing was god awful and fit me horribly so going custom was the only way I could even wear them. Everyone also says the Massdrop version sounded different, which I suspect is due to the shell too, since the drivers and crossovers are identical. Going custom made it sound the same as the original

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #35,084 of 88,876
Assume you were trying to reply to me, the extra seal certainly helps with Zeus' nearly non existant sub bass. Staging improvements too, Zeus still one of the kings of resolution. Tonality might not be for everyone but I still love that IEM.

Most importantly, the shortcuts Massdrop took for the housing was god awful and fit me horribly so going custom was the only way I could even wear them. Everyone also says the Massdrop version sounded different, which I suspect is due to the shell too, since the drivers and crossovers are identical. Going custom made it sound the same as the original
I have the original and it does have a soft spot in my heart.

Sep 15, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #35,085 of 88,876
After over two years, I'll be going to three concerts in the next few months! :) really looking forward to it.

Hope you all can enjoy live music again as well. That's what it's all about 😁

To contribute to this ongoing conversation, my highlights were seeing Herbie Hancock in 2019, even though I had to rush out during the encore to get my train home. And also Ryan Porter was a very great one, Kamasi Washington was there, too. Ghost-Note were also extremely good, two people of this band held seven Grammys at the time, not even 20 people in the audience, what a waste. They did get off the ground though and are Zildjians House Band now :)

When I was younger, I saw Colour Haze a few times, on different Festivals and concerts, the Stoner Rock Phase did really influence my taste in music.

I could go on, sorry for the rambling, just remembered how good these times were. I really gotta drag myself out of the house more often now and get back into music as a group experience.

I would love to hear some of your stories!
Two absolute gentlemen and super awesome musicians : Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

They are super sweet and funny guys. :beerchug:

And they are... OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................................... live, Satch is just a super phenomenom. Musical (compositional) wise, it's Steve. An alien. Really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back