The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 12, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #32,311 of 89,398
I always saw Rosenkranz on Japanese store as Wagnus and Nubunga cables.
Wagnus was reseller by Aroma when they had older Japanese reseller, Rosenkranz and Nobunaga looks more on Fitear lovers, is it right?
In the case of Wagnus, maybe so; I see that they often show their finished cable, choose the 2-Pin connector of FitEar, you know usually the cable company will offer the 2-Pin or mmcx instead of the FitEar 2-Pin. So I think this shows that Wagnus will be more attentive to FitEar users.

Rosenkranz should still prefer the overall market, but as far as I know, they don't have many agents. Therefore, it isn't easy to buy Rosenkranz cables, even if it is so influential in Japan and the audio cable field.

I bought it through Earphone King, their agent in Shanghai, and their Japanese agent doesn't have a flagship cable listed. I've waited long for it to be made before Rosenkranz's summer break starts. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until the end of September. From my experience with the 100-Million/sol, I think its performance is commendable. I shared this cable with friends in Canjam Chicago, and they were amazed that it was comparable to the PWAudio Orpheus. :)

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #32,312 of 89,398
Thanks for this comparison. Tighter low end, forward mids and brighter highs are not my dope, so OG once more for me and based on your impressions. Soundstage are more IEMs related anyway. Your statement about "many shortcomings" seems quite exaggerated tbh. Blacker background indeed is interesting as the OG is known for a deep black background. Quite a performance made by Lotoo apparently.
I agree with you. In fact, whether it is the OG version or the TI version, it is a single 4497. I think TI just builds on the OG and incorporates the tuning understanding of the previous flagship. The difference between them is nothing more than 87 points and 90 points. After feedback from users, the texture of low frequencies and the brightness of high frequencies have been modified to achieve a more balanced state.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #32,313 of 89,398
Well worth a demo if you dig what 1c do but make sure a demo pair has plenty run time and pair them with a source with plenty of juice behind it. I think Nick had pretty good results with N8ii but changed to Gold touch or 6k for portability.
Thanks. I noticed that EAMT-1c are quite voracious. They sound from ordinary players quite... Ordinary) So they need a high gain from LPGT. Although the volume at the same time leaves about 2/3 of the reserve.
But at low gain, some nuances are lost, the dynamics decrease, the sound generally loses relief. Fortunately, according to owner feedback, the Ra pairs well with the LPGT. Other than that, I'm very happy with this player. So there was nothing left - to find money and Ra.

That is, if someone took and changed them to EAMT-1c along with, for example, Wraith and something else. But no, I have to sell again, find money again... Don't like selling something.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #32,314 of 89,398
In other news...

INDIGO IS ON ITS WAY TO ME!!! Should have them by this SUNDAY!

A big shout out to @discord for the fastest shipping in the history of head-fi!

Next up....a new DAP- I am between the N8ii or the LPGT.
Hoping they bring you as much joy as mine do for me. :)

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #32,315 of 89,398
Dynamics in music is simply volume change in relation to time. This is the definition as used when writing music and there are dynamics markings on sheet music to show how loud something should be in relation to previous parts of the music. This is the definition most used when talking about macrodynamics. Microdynamics are instant changed of volume ie drum hits and the like where some goes from quiet to loud back to quiet quickly.

Now is where it gets tricky... when some one says a headphone is dynamic do they mean exciting which is a acceptable usage of the word in the English language or are they saying the transducer has great representation of the dynamic range of the music in relation to time. I believe personally it should be the latter.
Being in relation to time is where system speed comes in to play.
Certainly got me thinking. Dynamics, by my interpretation is an important factor in the presentation of music, and I think it is the aggregate result of the entire audio chain, from source to transducer. In addition to the increased 'volume change over time', I would refer the Microdynamics being 'instant changed of volume ie drum hits and the like where some goes from quiet to loud back to quiet quickly' as Transients, or the attack and decay of sudden big and quick shifts in notes. IMO the opposite of Dynamic would be Insipid, sound that is slow and syrupy, notes lacking edges and in my experience, they are closer and less obvious that you'd think. In most cases, it takes specific tracks show up the dynamics performance.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #32,316 of 89,398
Very late but here’s my top 12.

1. MEST Indigo
2. ZMF Auteur
3. Solaris SE
4. Tia Trio
5. Andromeda V2
6. UM Mason V2
7. Focal Clear
8. JH Audio Roxanne
9. InEar SD5
10. Atlas
11. Vega
12. Savant II

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #32,317 of 89,398
Compared with the OG version, the improvement of the TI version is mainly in the following aspects:

1. Compared with OG, the low frequency of TI is more condensed, the dynamic performance is better, and it will not be too dry.

2. TI will be brighter than OG in high frequency, closer to the feeling of Lotoo PAW Gold (the previous generation flagship product), but not as sharp as the previous generation.

3. Improving by the material, the sound field is slightly enlarged, the background blackness is improved, and the position of the vocals is further forward, which is better in the performance of pop music.

In general, the improvement of the TI version is in various aspects, and it cannot be said to be a significant improvement. Still, after using the TI and then using the OG to compare, you will find that the OG version has many shortcomings.
I have been considering the LPGT Ti for a while. Other than the Lotoo quirks, especially with SD cards, something I find myself mired in recently with challenging DAPs. I appreciate that the Ti is brighter, tighter and better dynamics, by your description, just like the 3Max and 3Max Ti, if I may borrow an example. Would you be able to share how the LPGT Ti compares with the 3Max Ti?

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #32,318 of 89,398
I think we are talking about different concepts. “Dynamic” term that I use is similar to music notation indication of loudness (my music teacher would kill me, as he always say it’s not just loudness but “strength”).

Music can have quiet and loud parts. Great recording of great artists, especially in classical music, such as Goldberg Variations played by Lang Lang, can express a lot of small variations (heh) in loudness, even from soft to very soft. These small changes are micro-dynamic. Andromeda tends to flatten every loudness variations into a few levels within a small scale, so listening to Goldberg Variations with it is a chore. A whole layer of expression was missing.

Macro-dynamic to me is the large swing in volume happens at the beginning of the note, especially bass notes. Take despacito for example (yup, mindless mainstrem music, I know), there is a bass drop around the first “despacito” line. IEM with great macro dynamic can create almost a “negative pressure” feeling when bass line become quiet, and boom, the bass note comes back.

It’s not just about how loud the bass frequencies are. Even my flat head FF3 can do this because it actually has large and fast volume swings even though it’s bass is more rolled off than IEM.
I think there is a difference what dynamics mean in music interpretation and music reproduction. Loads of nuances when artistes express a composition, even from the same artiste at different time -- Gould on the Goldberg variation in 1955 and 1980. When it comes to playback of recorded music, I believe Dynamics represent something quite different. Whether it is measured in volume or something less tangible, to me, as I have mentioned in an earlier post, more about the timing (PRaT), transients and presentation of the notes.

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #32,319 of 89,398
Thanks for your kind words bro. I am currently working on my review. Not running well health-wise otherwise I would have posted the review itself by today hehe
Hey! Take care and rest up! At least you have music to keep you company and encouraged!

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #32,320 of 89,398
In other news...

INDIGO IS ON ITS WAY TO ME!!! Should have them by this SUNDAY!

A big shout out to @discord for the fastest shipping in the history of head-fi!

Next up....a new DAP- I am between the N8ii or the LPGT.
Congratulations on your acquisition! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. My mind was blown!

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #32,321 of 89,398
I find it being used often as a simile to "exciting", which is indefinable.

Given the definition: " Giving an impression of wide dynamic range; punchy. This is related to system speed as well as to volume contrast."

I think the word “exciting”, while not completely capturing the idea is certainly on the right track. Conversely lacking in dynamics to me implies sluggish (lack of speed) and dull (lack of punch).

Evening all - hope everyone is going well? Just posted the first part of my impressions from Canjam London over on my blog - fit anyone who's interested, CA Trifecta / Supermoon and Jomo GT600 are in this one.

https://audioprimate.blog/2022/08/1...ions-part-1-audeze-campfire-audio-jomo-audio/

Thanks for sharing…another lukewarm report of the Trifecta. Interesting that you relate Supermoon to the Atlas…I always considered the Dorado 2020 as more of an Atlas successor. Supermoon isn’t nearly as bass dominant as Dorado or Atlas to my ears (ie., dominant to the point it obscures the mids at times). Supermoon has more in common with the Andromeda to me. YMMV and all that.

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #32,322 of 89,398
C9 packed and it’s on the way for a new home.
M9 would arrive next week, hoping in Saint DHL😜
That’s a TOTL acquisition! Congratulations!

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #32,323 of 89,398
Aug 12, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #32,324 of 89,398
Aug 12, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #32,325 of 89,398

Users who are viewing this thread

Back