The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 12, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #32,326 of 90,392
I've never read the dx300 review but MAX (SS) with Indigo was fantastic to my ears, and with stock cable. N8ii tipped Indigo over the edge for me, bass lost a bit of bounce (hard to describe, N8ii hit harder but MAX had a nice roundess) and lower treble became a little too clinical for the capabilities of Indigos EST's, overall made it actually sound like there were 3 different drivers when MAX pulled it all together nicely. MAX's slightly euphonic touch made it a great pairing and very enjoyable to listen to.

Top tip, try epro tws EP01 tips with Indigo, pretty damn good. Size them as you would normally.
I agree the N8ii needs some care in pairing when it comes to mid fi IEMs. Personally didn’t mind the Indigo with class A instead of class AB tube. Indigo seems to sound better without the tubes and without the more forward detail and bass of class AB. Find the N8ii really sings with IEMs that can handle the detail separation without being overwhelmed.

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #32,328 of 90,392
Hmmm.. thanks for the replies and recommendations! I can’t seem to find a trailli within the budget haha.. I’ll try to find Odin and try it out… how’s the Fu Sang? iirc it seems to impress quite a few? Haha
Tho weirdly most of others tierlist doesn’t seem to put it in a good spot.
Would you guys recommend it over the bird? And just notice there’s the mest indigo too. Would it be a better choice?
(Manage to find a fusang for around 2k)

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #32,329 of 90,392
Thanks for sharing…another lukewarm report of the Trifecta. Interesting that you relate Supermoon to the Atlas…I always considered the Dorado 2020 as more of an Atlas successor. Supermoon isn’t nearly as bass dominant as Dorado or Atlas to my ears (ie., dominant to the point it obscures the mids at times). Supermoon has more in common with the Andromeda to me. YMMV and all that.
Not heard Dorado 2020 (yet), but I always used Atlas with some custom silicone eartips from CustomArt. Apart from avoiding the pressure seal / driver lock issue with them and keeping them locked in my ears, they alleviated a little of that monstrous bass and brought the Atlas more into balance. The bass was still a chunky monkey, but the mid and treble could breather a little more, hence reminding me of the Supermoon. They (Atlas) really are one of the most tip and seal dependent IEMs I've ever owned.

And yeah, Trifecta was fun, but not impressive enough to warrant the price tag. You are paying mainly for the exclusivity (333 models worldwide) rather than the execution there, IMHO.

Aug 13, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #32,330 of 90,392
You are paying mainly for the exclusivity (333 models worldwide) rather than the execution there,
and the right to Bling! Haha!

Aug 13, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #32,331 of 90,392
A recent post from @silvahr reminded me to revisit this stunning album by Ascendant - beautiful space ambient, closing your eyes while listening, it's easy to imagine a tour through the cosmos. Love the layers and layers of synths, a great example of an album that sounds fantastic on Jewel or Traillii.

Aug 13, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #32,332 of 90,392
I don't know how they sound but they really look fantastic :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1660372378060.png

1660372471523.png

Aug 13, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #32,333 of 90,392
The first one is just awesome.... 😎😎😎😱😍

Aug 13, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #32,334 of 90,392
It remains one man's opinion at the end, but yes, always ready and open to read a honest comparison from a seasoned audiophile like Fabio.
LPGT Ti is actually less hot than LPGT. But it definitely has a fuller and fuller sound across the entire musical spectrum. Compared to LPGT, LPGT Ti is more accurate and detailed, but I wouldn't call it brighter or clearer. In my opinion it is the enhancement of the sound body that is really better than LPGT. For the rest they are similar. I don't have P6. But I can say that both LPGT and LPGT Ti are a different listen to LPTi. LP6 It's hot for you. I would say analog, even if it has a lot of detail and speed. All in all it sounds open and three dimensional, and is a much more harmonious and enveloping listening than LPGT. I find LPGT more fun, albeit in its excellent reproduction. In general, however, I must say that LP is really more than a step ahead of any other brand. It is just perfect.

Aug 13, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #32,336 of 90,392
I don't know how they sound but they really look fantastic :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1660372378060.png

1660372471523.png
It is very responsible to tell you that one is a brand that needs to wait for more than half a year to receive headphones, and the other is a DIY brand that cannot even achieve the same sound for every pair of earphones. :laughing:

Aug 13, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #32,337 of 90,392
LPGT Ti is actually less hot than LPGT. But it definitely has a fuller and fuller sound across the entire musical spectrum. Compared to LPGT, LPGT Ti is more accurate and detailed, but I wouldn't call it brighter or clearer. In my opinion it is the enhancement of the sound body that is really better than LPGT. For the rest they are similar. I don't have P6. But I can say that both LPGT and LPGT Ti are a different listen to LPTi. LP6 It's hot for you. I would say analog, even if it has a lot of detail and speed. All in all it sounds open and three dimensional, and is a much more harmonious and enveloping listening than LPGT. I find LPGT more fun, albeit in its excellent reproduction. In general, however, I must say that LP is really more than a step ahead of any other brand. It is just perfect.
Thanks Fabio.

I had LP P6pro and surely liked how it sounded, analog yet detailed. I sold it 2 weeks ago. The UI on the P6pro was very underwhelming tbh. The Calyx M is at least as good sounding to me as the P6pro and scales to quasi-perfection with C9. Loving the P6K, I am curious about LPGT and its « neutrality ». I admit I have a sweet spot for Lotoo as a brand. Got a very good price from Musicteck too.

Aug 13, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #32,338 of 90,392
It is very responsible to tell you that one is a brand that needs to wait for more than half a year to receive headphones, and the other is a DIY brand that cannot even achieve the same sound for every pair of earphones. :laughing:

OK...🤔

.... 🧐

.... 😴

.... 😵

It sounds good ! 😅😋😁😉

Aug 13, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #32,339 of 90,392
I wouldn't mind waiting six months, finally what does it matter, as long as they are an amazing sounding pair.
I buy mostly all my new toys a year after release so 6 months waiting is peanuts for me
But the Kumitate Lab look ... 👌

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #32,340 of 90,392
Thanks Fabio.

I had LP P6pro and surely liked how it sounded, analog yet detailed. I sold it 2 weeks ago. The UI on the P6pro was very underwhelming tbh. The Calyx M is at least as good sounding to me as the P6pro and scales to quasi-perfection with C9. Loving the P6K, I am curious about LPGT and its « neutrality ». I admit I have a sweet spot for Lotoo as a brand. Got a very good price from Musicteck too.
The L&P interface is indeed very disappointing. You are right about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back