The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #32,296 of 90,681
Compared with the OG version, the improvement of the TI version is mainly in the following aspects:

1. Compared with OG, the low frequency of TI is more condensed, the dynamic performance is better, and it will not be too dry.

2. TI will be brighter than OG in high frequency, closer to the feeling of Lotoo PAW Gold (the previous generation flagship product), but not as sharp as the previous generation.

3. Improving by the material, the sound field is slightly enlarged, the background blackness is improved, and the position of the vocals is further forward, which is better in the performance of pop music.

In general, the improvement of the TI version is in various aspects, and it cannot be said to be a significant improvement. Still, after using the TI and then using the OG to compare, you will find that the OG version has many shortcomings.
Thank you for sharing, I had similar feedback from my friend that owned both and kept Ti, but depends a lot on taste.
I had same opinion when I listened LPGT OG for a month, I found it can provide marvelous mids but lacked a bit of sub bass and highs IMHO.

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #32,297 of 90,681
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #32,298 of 90,681
Compared with the OG version, the improvement of the TI version is mainly in the following aspects:

1. Compared with OG, the low frequency of TI is more condensed, the dynamic performance is better, and it will not be too dry.

2. TI will be brighter than OG in high frequency, closer to the feeling of Lotoo PAW Gold (the previous generation flagship product), but not as sharp as the previous generation.

3. Improving by the material, the sound field is slightly enlarged, the background blackness is improved, and the position of the vocals is further forward, which is better in the performance of pop music.

In general, the improvement of the TI version is in various aspects, and it cannot be said to be a significant improvement. Still, after using the TI and then using the OG to compare, you will find that the OG version has many shortcomings.
Thanks for this comparison. Tighter low end, forward mids and brighter highs are not my dope, so OG once more for me and based on your impressions. Soundstage are more IEMs related anyway. Your statement about "many shortcomings" seems quite exaggerated tbh. Blacker background indeed is interesting as the OG is known for a deep black background. Quite a performance made by Lotoo apparently.

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #32,299 of 90,681
In other news...

INDIGO IS ON ITS WAY TO ME!!! Should have them by this SUNDAY!

A big shout out to @discord for the fastest shipping in the history of head-fi!

Next up....a new DAP- I am between the N8ii or the LPGT.
Even though I've not heard it yet, I'd be inclined to pair them with LPGT and see how that works out for you. I really liked indigo with MAX SS but didn't get the same vibe with N8ii, each to their own though, I'm sure there's folks out there with N8ii/Indigo loving them.

Aug 12, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #32,301 of 90,681
I was using my legend x cable but this cable i got from Westone. It's their premium silver cable i had for a while.
Oh nice, I am sure the silver helps lift some of the veil and help the treble out a bit. I wouldve kept them if I could find a better cable readily available.

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #32,302 of 90,681
Even though I've not heard it yet, I'd be inclined to pair them with LPGT and see how that works out for you. I really liked indigo with MAX SS but didn't get the same vibe with N8ii, each to their own though, I'm sure there's folks out there with N8ii/Indigo loving them.
I was looking into Ibasso Dap's @twister6 said he really loved the pairing of Indigo with Ibasso dx300 with amp 11mkii ( if my memory serves me) in his Indigo review.

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #32,303 of 90,681
Oh nice, I am sure the silver helps lift some of the veil and help the treble out a bit. I wouldve kept them if I could find a better cable readily available.
Yeah the silver cable definitely affects the treble.

I definitely noticed a difference. Better than lx cable synergy wise.

I got a second pair to ab test different pairings.

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #32,304 of 90,681
I was looking into Ibasso Dap's @twister6 said he really loved the pairing of Indigo with Ibasso dx300 with amp 11mkii ( if my memory serves me) in his Indigo review.
I've never read the dx300 review but MAX (SS) with Indigo was fantastic to my ears, and with stock cable. N8ii tipped Indigo over the edge for me, bass lost a bit of bounce (hard to describe, N8ii hit harder but MAX had a nice roundess) and lower treble became a little too clinical for the capabilities of Indigos EST's, overall made it actually sound like there were 3 different drivers when MAX pulled it all together nicely. MAX's slightly euphonic touch made it a great pairing and very enjoyable to listen to.

Top tip, try epro tws EP01 tips with Indigo, pretty damn good. Size them as you would normally.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #32,305 of 90,681
For the life of me I can't wrap my head around what people mean by "dynamics". Intuitively I understand it as speed and impact but I can't reconcile that with how people talk about it.

I think we are talking about different concepts. “Dynamic” term that I use is similar to music notation indication of loudness (my music teacher would kill me, as he always say it’s not just loudness but “strength”).

Music can have quiet and loud parts. Great recording of great artists, especially in classical music, such as Goldberg Variations played by Lang Lang, can express a lot of small variations (heh) in loudness, even from soft to very soft. These small changes are micro-dynamic. Andromeda tends to flatten every loudness variations into a few levels within a small scale, so listening to Goldberg Variations with it is a chore. A whole layer of expression was missing.

Macro-dynamic to me is the large swing in volume happens at the beginning of the note, especially bass notes. Take despacito for example (yup, mindless mainstrem music, I know), there is a bass drop around the first “despacito” line. IEM with great macro dynamic can create almost a “negative pressure” feeling when bass line become quiet, and boom, the bass note comes back.

It’s not just about how loud the bass frequencies are. Even my flat head FF3 can do this because it actually has large and fast volume swings even though it’s bass is more rolled off than IEM.

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #32,306 of 90,681
Aug 12, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #32,307 of 90,681
I think we are talking about different concepts. “Dynamic” term that I use is similar to music notation indication of loudness (my music teacher would kill me, as he always say it’s not just loudness but “strength”).

Music can have quiet and loud parts. Great recording of great artists, especially in classical music, such as Goldberg Variations played by Lang Lang, can express a lot of small variations (heh) in loudness, even from soft to very soft. These small changes are micro-dynamic. Andromeda tends to flatten every loudness variations into a few levels within a small scale, so listening to Goldberg Variations with it is a chore. A whole layer of expression was missing.

Macro-dynamic to me is the large swing in volume happens at the beginning of the note, especially bass notes. Take despacito for example (yup, mindless mainstrem music, I know), there is a bass drop around the first “despacito” line. IEM with great macro dynamic can create almost a “negative pressure” feeling when bass line become quiet, and boom, the bass note comes back.

It’s not just about how loud the bass frequencies are. Even my flat head FF3 can do this because it actually has large and fast volume swings even though it’s bass is more rolled off than IEM.
Imho, that's one of the reasons lx has great dynamics along with the advanced crossovers.

It's not all about loudness, but lx can go really low and high very fast simultaneously having the micro swings in between. Especially paired with a desktop dac/amp or something like ifi signature. Imho.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #32,308 of 90,681
Cute and awesome,
They are going to need a drummer is that you?

I let all three of my kids choose an instrument at those ages, one chose harp (the kind with strings), one chose bells, one chose trombone.

None of them continued with those choices my two younger children moved to piano and my son also expanded to recorders and guitar along with piano.

My oldest daughter now 35 (the harp) at age 17 she did a recital at Carnegie Hall in Manhattan. Today she still has her second harp though unfortunately for now has lost interest.

Here is a picture of me giving her the first harp.

770F16B2-F024-4935-AFE0-3F0B578DF525.jpeg
One chose bells! I think I would have taken that off of the approved list ( along with drums ) so I did not get a headache! All are adorable.

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #32,309 of 90,681
You might like my impressions of the Meze Advar then:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/meze-audio’s-newest-single-dd-iem-advar.962875/post-17094302

TL;DR
Small shells that are beautifully made, but do not fit all ears properly. Peaky treble that can be tamed a bit with EQ and source selection. I think there are better ways to spend $700, YMMV of course.

Yeah the small shells and fit challenge make them a risky recommendation. I'll be spending more time over the weekend but I have indeed encountered some treble peaks too. Some great moments also though, keen to further evaluate!

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #32,310 of 90,681
Any idea who is making this hybrid cable for A&K/Beyerdynamic? It's the supplied cable with the AK T9ie IEM.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 01.35.10.png

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 01.35.56.png

The supplied cable is 2.5 mm with a 2.5mm to 3.5 mm interconnect

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 01.37.46.png

I'm looking for the same cable in 4.4 mm (or at least a cable with the same specs).
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back