The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 14, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #70,486 of 89,191
That’s the end game for Aroma Jewel!
PWA cables arrived in flat 2pin. At last!
IMG_4719.jpeg

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #70,487 of 89,191
Lately, I've been enjoying taking photos of my gear and can't stop posting them everywhere. I guess this happens when you appreciate their sounds and have been connected with them for a while.
Please forgive me if this action seems somewhat like spam and dilutes the content of the thread :sweat_smile:

IMG_0607.jpeg

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #70,488 of 89,191
IIRC, the ODIN had a low-treble peak, followed by a smoother mid- and upper-treble. The FW doesn't have a higher low-treble peak than the ODIN, but it'll have more of the mid- and upper-treble that the ODIN eschews from, which that crispness is coming from. I think the ODIN still has the W9+ magic that sets it apart, but I agree with @btwine that the key to the FW's sig is bass quantity balancing out the potential crispy-ness of the treble. Whereas, I found the ODIN a bit top-heavy, personally.

A reason for varied impressions of Odin's treble is also this - some slight variation in treble between different units.

EE Odin units.png
That's a massive difference! Mine was definitely more like the red or blue line. I would have wished for green lol

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #70,489 of 89,191
A note… if you use custom tips (I think?) with a longer bore, and extend the distance, you will accentuate bass. I recommend trying shorter tips and see if the signature adapts to a more pleasant presentation for you.

Yes, the custom tips did seem to be more bassy than any of the regular tips I have tried. That said, my initial comment wasnt necessarily about the signature not being to my liking, but more just surprise that this type of signature seems as popular as it is around here. It just has a few qualities that I wouldnt associate with the types of sound signatures that seem to be more popular around these parts.

@mashuto my Singularities arrived today as well! Unit #70 :).

Personally, I am loving them. They pair exceptionally well with the acoustic research AR-M2, which is DD playing monster. Like you, I've also got the e5000 which is a great match as well.

In anticipation, I also picked up some coreir brass tips, but I'm going to hold off a bit before trying them. Right out of the box, I really appreciate the packaging (sweet little wooden box and other items I'll take a photo of later) and the fit. For me they're very small and light, so they just disappear in my ears in a way larger tribrids or multi BA iems don't. Mostly my 80's alternative music so far, but I'll put them through their paces over the next week. It's nice to have a canjam order finally come home.

The final e5000 is one of my favorites, just because its such an easy listen and the small bullet style makes them an iem I can wear for hours at a time without discomfort, and I can wear them cable down, so no cable irritation on my ears either.

But yes, I got #72 and am loving them too. Already feel like i have adjusted a bit to the sound too, and now the bass just kind of feels right, as tends to happen when I start listening to new IEMs. Either way, they are extremely pleasant to listen to. I have also felt no pressure buildup, and have had them in my ears now for an hour and forty five minutes with extremely little to no discomfort which is a major major win for me since I have trouble with the fit of a lot of IEMs. These happen to sound great and seem to fit great too. These are 100% keepers. Currently using spinfit w1 tips at the moment and havent actually done much tip rolling since I havent actually heard much differences between the few tips I have tried, and therefore have mostly just been going based on comfort.

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #70,492 of 89,191
Very pleased to report that my CDs have arrived.

IMG_5839.jpeg

IMG_5838.jpeg

Too bad, my Shanling EC mini is still stuck at customs (but I should receive it soon).

Unlikely this will become a new rabbit hole but had to give the EC mini a go and experiment a bit with CDs and IEMs for the sake of nostalgia if nothing else, since I got into music via audio cassettes and then CDs.

Will report back on the EC Mini after it arrives!
That's some sick crap right there, Bro! Head banging is guaranteed!

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #70,494 of 89,191
That’s the end game for Aroma Jewel!
PWA cables arrived in flat 2pin. At last!
IMG_4719.jpeg
That looks like the Red Halo FE cable version of First Times Shielding. I believe the regular First Times Shielding is blue which would color match with the Jewel.

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #70,495 of 89,191
I feel compelled to put in another good word for the Brise Shirogane. I think I've posted about it before, but it bears repeating... it's really such a great cable. One of those things that just sounds "correct". Super transparent, superb detail/layering/soundstage, great sub-bass with zero mudiness in the mid-bass, great treble extension and air without being at all bright. It's become one of those "I wish I'd had this sooner" purchases.

Synergy is everything, of course. Orphy is far better on the Ragnar, and I prefer OTL on the Xe6. But this cable really elevates the Rn6 and Ronin. (Orphy is also fantastic on Rn6/Ronin depending on what you're trying to accomplish with the tuning).

I'm looking forward to @Tokpakorlo's review, as I'm sure he'll be able to describe just how awesome the Shirogane is, far more eloquently than I can.

This has prompted me to sell the FTS and Yatono 8w, which I've got listed in the classifieds. Both are also great cables; they just fall shy of the Orphy/Shirogane level of greatness.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 1.16.05 PM.png

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #70,496 of 89,191
had to order a poly due to everyone in the classifieds being selfish and not selling their’s right now

Those selfish jerks! 😝

Sign me up for a Mojo2 based standalone device. This little thing really punches way above its weight. Add a screen, update the connectors and you're golden!

You mean like a Mojo DAP? 🤔 Hmm, not sure about that... only because supporting a screen and its interface would require a host of components where the increased noise would be non-trivial.

I'd actually love to see a dumbed down version of Mojo and Poly, one that is primarily meant to be a wireless device, supporting the best codecs and protocols... while being as thin as possible... and sporting a 4.4 jack. A Mojo Air.

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #70,497 of 89,191
I feel compelled to put in another good word for the Brise Shirogane. I think I've posted about it before, but it bears repeating... it's really such a great cable. One of those things that just sounds "correct". Super transparent, superb detail/layering/soundstage, great sub-bass with zero mudiness in the mid-bass, great treble extension and air without being at all bright. It's become one of those "I wish I'd had this sooner" purchases.

Synergy is everything, of course. Orphy is far better on the Ragnar, and I prefer OTL on the Xe6. But this cable really elevates the Rn6 and Ronin. (Orphy is also fantastic on Rn6/Ronin depending on what you're trying to accomplish with the tuning).

I'm looking forward to @Tokpakorlo's review, as I'm sure he'll be able to describe just how awesome the Shirogane is, far more eloquently than I can.

This has prompted me to sell the FTS and Yatono 8w, which I've got listed in the classifieds. Both are also great cables; they just fall shy of the Orphy/Shirogane level of greatness.

@Tokpakorlo already post his review of shirogane 😉
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/brise-shirogane-the-silver-dragon.26814/

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #70,498 of 89,191
I'd actually love to see a dumbed down version of Mojo and Poly, one that is primarily meant to be a wireless device, supporting the best codecs and protocols... while being as thin as possible
Yes, with some actual love given to android devices that cant use airplay, but still want to stream instead of playback from local files. And that actually shuts off when you shut it off. And one that finally ditches micro usb. And has actual modern bluetooth codec support.

Used to own a poly. It was not a device I particularly liked. The use and operation of it was less than stellar. Hardware seems to be much more chords forte, not so much software.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #70,499 of 89,191

8 wire? I would guess this will be the best upgrade cable for Z1R. However, with $3,361 price tage, it is like put an expensive Electech cable on Moondrop bless.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #70,500 of 89,191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back