The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 14, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #70,516 of 90,294
Also looking forward to reviewing my first Gladiator soon...

I have two Gladiators meanwhile and both were worthwhile buys. Actually I have two more on order and three chifi cables being customized by Tony (new terminations).

Looking forward to your impressions....

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #70,517 of 90,294
Sorry, just wanna clarify. Did you mean to say you found Odin's bass superior to GM's quality-wise?
I wish I was able to compare them today. Unfortunately, I sold my Odins and didn't really compare them with GM 1:1 as they come from different directions.

I would say GM has the best bass overall of all IEMs I've tried and bass is absolutely the star of the show here. Odin blew me away bass-quality wise when I owned it but I wished it had more quantity.

I guess they both have the same bass quality but with the Odin I was more excited when I recognized it because it was less of an obvious presentation.

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #70,518 of 90,294
Oh, I don't mean Bluetooth for audio. Yes, the unit would need to have Bluetooth for configuration and the GoFigure app, but audio would be handled by AirPlay (v.1) for iOS devices, and probably LDAC for Android.
But LDAC is a Bluetooth codec?

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #70,519 of 90,294
I have two Gladiators meanwhile and both were worthwhile buys. Actually I have two more on order and three chifi cables being customized by Tony (new terminations).

Looking forward to your impressions....
Interesting budget cable, but the Gladiators line are all sold out?

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #70,520 of 90,294
Nov 14, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #70,521 of 90,294
This is an artist whose catalogue I dip in and out of over the years. Just bought this one from 2013 over the weekend - psydub electronic which is basically psychedelic dub music, full of wonderful deep sub bass, beautiful synths, world music vibes and absolute top notch production - best with an IEM that can present numerous layers on a large stage… a genre I can never get enough of - always puts a smile on my face!

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #70,522 of 90,294
This is an artist whose catalogue I dip in and out of over the years. Just bought this one from 2013 over the weekend - psydub electronic which is basically psychedelic dub music, full of wonderful deep sub bass, beautiful synths, world music vibes and absolute top notch production - best with an IEM that can present numerous layers on a large stage… a genre I can never get enough of - always puts a smile on my face!

Throwing the xe6 on for this 🔥

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #70,523 of 90,294
Throwing the xe6 on for this 🔥
I’m on this track now and Erebus on duty - it is literally mind blowing

IMG_8808.jpeg

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #70,524 of 90,294
It took me quite a while to warm up (lol, problem was it sounded too warm for me) with the Singularity but I imagine that a few hours of burn-in and my cable rolling helped to tighten the loose bass and improved mids and treble presence quite a bit... Changed the stock Vanguard to a nice silver-palladium cable.
I upgraded to the Vanguard 4w and love it, but assuming you're referring to the XINHS cable, I'll give that a try since I happen to have one.

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #70,525 of 90,294
I upgraded to the Vanguard 4w and love it, but assuming you're referring to the XINHS cable, I'll give that a try since I happen to have one.
Have not tried the Xinhs yet, but sure why not give it a run. (I have an 8w Gladiator Palladio hooked up to the Singularity)...

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #70,527 of 90,294
Interesting budget cable, but the Gladiators line are all sold out?
I see - my fault being unprecise: Gladiator cables but all Caesar line...

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #70,528 of 90,294

Globular was one great finding this year I had not heard of before someone in the IMR thread mentioned him...

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #70,529 of 90,294
I agree with the Ceasar line from Gladiator Cables being really good. Have a few.
Astra Rame - full bodied cable very similar to Effect Audio Ares is sound properties.
Silver Palladium - balanced cable with great soundstage and dynamics.
Japanese Cofee Litz Copper - Just a good copper I use on ZMF Verite, replaced my Forza Audioworks cable.

1000008052.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back