The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 14, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #70,531 of 90,205
Globular was one great finding this year I had not heard of before someone in the IMR thread mentioned him...

Have you tried any OTT? Another legend of the genre, all of his albums are fantastic

This also - not on Bandcamp for some reason…

https://tidal.com/album/5169834

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #70,532 of 90,205
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #70,534 of 90,205
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #70,535 of 90,205
I'd caution using a dremel because there is carbon fibre weaves under the acrylic.

Definitely might need some lacquer applied if the mark has gone passed acrylic.

I reckon your best bet is to reach out to UM before tinkering yourself - very hard to polish a hybrid surface material.

Applying laquer is actually, in my opinion, the most difficult part of the build process. Furthermore, laquer itself, is expensive. I recommend you contact UM, they may not even charge labor - just pay shipping etc etc.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #70,536 of 90,205
Does anyone know if any of our brands or distributors attend the CES show in Las Vegas? I'm going, so thought I'd ask.

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #70,538 of 90,205
For you people planning your trip to NYC Can Jam may I suggest one of my fave restaurants that impressed me the most in NY.

4 Charles Prime, they make a wonderful prime rib and sell a great cheeseburger.

They take 21 days of open reservations and the 21 days are always fully taken, the 22nd date at 9AM you can reserve for that 22nd date of new reservations.

Highly recommend!

Source: Cali guy who ended up living in NY (only interests: food, music gear, music) we share at least 2 things in common* :)

House of Prime in SF is weak compared this spot, respectfully. When initially moving to NY from Cali I was always excited and amazed with all the great food options in NY so tried many different kinds of spots and saved not a single dollar for the first year of being in NY. My curiosity takes over. This prime rib spot stood out the most to me because I expected nothing much out of a prime rib because I thought I already had good prime rib before. I mean look this is semi similar to one of those posts where people talk about an IEM like it's a game changer. This meal may not change your life, but it will at least make you crack a smile.

I do not expect anyone to put in that kind of effort to reserve as it takes both planning and will power to do such a thing, but if someone does end up going, shoot this thread a photo!

One side thing I like about the spot is how most to all people dress business light casual and I go there with a hoodie and a beanie. They are not one of those spots that would deny entry, and serve a classy good memorable above the rim meal with no michlin stars needed.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #70,539 of 90,205
That's interesting. I never heard the FW but spent some years with the Odin. I found Odins treble to be acceptable, a little too smooth for my liking. If you think it has a lot of treble energy and it is too "crispy" for you, you shouldn't get too close to an Annihilator 😂.

Other than that I found Odins bass quality was pretty much the best I've ever heard. At least from memory, I couldn't compare to GM for example. FWs bass quality really better than Odins?
I find Annihilator to have fantastic, ideal treble. Clear, detailed, energetic but not fatiguing. By contrast I found Odin to be sibilant and exhausting - upper mids and treble both were hard for me to take. I couldn’t even get to the bass quality that everyone talks about with Odin due to the sizzle effect. Played off an SP2000 Cu. I tip rolled but never cable rolled past stock. I always think, what was i missing? Weird how we all hear things so differently, eccentrically.

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #70,540 of 90,205
For you people planning your trip to NYC Can Jam may I suggest one of my fave restaurants that impressed me the most in NY.

They take 21 days of open reservations and the 21 days are always fully taken, the 22nd date at 9AM you can reserve for that 22nd date of new reservations.

Highly recommend!

Source: Cali guy who ended up living in NY (only interests: food, music gear, music) we share at least 2 things in common* :)

House of Prime in SF is weak compared this spot, respectfully. When initially moving to NY from Cali I was always excited and amazed with all the great food options in NY so tried many different kinds of spots with extreme wide ranges, like a loose poker player playing a wide range of hands. This prime rib spot stood out the most to me because I expected nothing much out of a prime rib because I thought I already had good prime rib before. I mean look this is semi similar to one of those posts where people talk about an IEM like it's a game changer. It may not change your life, but it will at least make you smile.

I do not expect anyone to put in that kind of effort to reserve as it takes both planning and will power to do such a thing, but if someone does end up going, shoot this thread a photo with a smile.

Thanks for the tip. I live in NYC and my first name is Charles so I must try this !

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #70,541 of 90,205
Thanks for the tip. I live in NYC and my first name is Charles so I must try this

Enjoy. Bring the wife or gf or a good friend. Good moment.

Random share of a quote I always liked for a random day. Fiyah flamez, that bbq sizzle, kiss of fire from the god of audio, Socrates.

"He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have."

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #70,542 of 90,205
Pretty sure aac is a standard bt codec.

It is, but then I wouldn't use it. What I'm saying is that, as an iOS user, I would want it to support Airplay 1. This is the only way I can wirelessly and losslessly send music to it from my phone. :smiley:

Does anyone know if any of our brands or distributors attend the CES show in Las Vegas? I'm going, so thought I'd ask.

They used to. I used to go as media to cover them. Some still do, but far lesser these days, as the costs of exhibiting there are quite exhorbitant.

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #70,543 of 90,205
I seriously doubtful since CES is for mass consumer products or industrial applications, such as home theaters, most relavant to us would be TWS, or maybe Beats by Dre, if you are interested :).

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #70,544 of 90,205
That is one heck of a find, bookmarked. Thank you!

NYC is a culinary paradise, the food trucks/food carts intrigue me the most. Apparently you can get restaurant quality food from quite a few of them.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #70,545 of 90,205
This is an artist whose catalogue I dip in and out of over the years. Just bought this one from 2013 over the weekend - psydub electronic which is basically psychedelic dub music, full of wonderful deep sub bass, beautiful synths, world music vibes and absolute top notch production - best with an IEM that can present numerous layers on a large stage… a genre I can never get enough of - always puts a smile on my face!

Thanks for the rec! Purchased on Bandcamp. I am also enjoying this from Globular!

RoonShareImage-638356412120379907.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back