The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 14, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #89,191 of 90,220
Wow, straight out of the box I’m loving these Bonneville 👌🏻 Supermoon is ok but definitely aimed toward a different kind of listener to my ears. Bonneville also hit my preferences much more so than Trifecta, annoyed I slept on them!

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
May 14, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #89,192 of 90,220
Wow, straight out of the box I’m loving these Bonneville 👌🏻 Supermoon is ok but definitely aimed toward a different kind of listener to my ears. Bonneville also hit my preferences much more so than Trifecta, annoyed I slept on them!
Bonneville is such a warm thick bassy comfortable listen I love it !

May 14, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #89,195 of 90,220
Let's say you're right. There is however not a single self-respected music critic out there that doesn't consider her greatest album to be one of the top 10 album of the eighties.

1000375747.jpg

drftr
I saw the tour. Neither of them ever topped that album. Although Richard made tone of great music since.

May 14, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #89,196 of 90,220
Okay Watercoolers, suggest some music for the unboxing of your next IEM... let's go! :relaxed:

EDIT - Adding my actual next IEM's name like @AxLvR did: "Eletech Romeo"

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #89,197 of 90,220
Okay Watercoolers, suggest some music for the unboxing of your next IEM... let's go! :relaxed:

😂

Should really time the moment you open the box for lifting the IEM’s out at the right time on the track

May 14, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #89,198 of 90,220
😂

Should really time the moment you open the box for lifting the IEM’s out at the right time on the track

Yup! The first part (Krypton Theme) is for reading and admiring the package, and slowly cutting away the shrink wrap!

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #89,200 of 90,220
I have 9 KZs and 5 CCAs in my collection, each having their own personalities. I upgraded the stock cables along with trying countless ear tip variations to optimize the performance. Speaking of ear tips, I continually find it absolutely astounding how a simple ear tip can have such a profound impact on sound well beyond getting a good seal. I just received my set of Hydros - just had to, you see 🥹 - and after going through my collection of tips to achieve a good seal, I then selected ones that adjusted the quality, attack, impact and balance of the bass.

I would never have guessed just a few years ago I’d have such a large collection. I faced the sober reality when I passed 10 pairs: the truth is its an addiction in search of the next fix, metaphorically speaking, of course, to satisfy my craving for the illusive goal of musical enjoyment with something new and different 😂. This is our world, the glue that binds us all…

With IEMs, I started with a pair of KZ-ZEXs and never looked back. 😎.
My 3rd pair of IEMs were absolutely saved by tip rolling. The Audio Technica ATH-IM03. With stock tips, the treble was sibilant. But with Spiral Dots, the sibilants went away, and I could enjoy some of the most perfectly balanced tuning. I miss those IEMs.

Headfi Avatar X5 S.jpg

May 14, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #89,201 of 90,220
Here's one for Scubi, as he lists something for sale...

...but then at 0:42, he changes his mind and hugs it instead, welcoming it back into its forever home, again.

May 14, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #89,203 of 90,220
May 14, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #89,204 of 90,220

My reference playlist for new audio gear:
1. Gorillaz - Cracker Island: Very punchy and fat sounding pop song
2. Moonchild - The List: Small and modern Nu-Soul Band
3. Brad Mehldau - Little Person: Piano Jazz Trio track
04. Joni Mitchell - Woodstock: for good replay of Orchestra and Vocals, legendary production imo
05 Jacob Collier - It Don´t Matter: top-notch, clean sound for a funky pop track
06 DOMI & JD Beck - NOT TIGHT: this album is produced very dry and the snare still needs to sound good, not easy to do
07 Vulfpeck - Disco Ulysses (Instrumental): another modern song with modern production but 70s disco vibes
09 Hall & Oates - I´m Just A Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like A Man): crisp and clear 70s production, great vocals and drums
09 Vegyn - Cowboy Allstar: modern compressed producer sound with lots of swirling details
10 System Of A Down - Toxicity: Amazing punchy sound, a lot of power. Rick Rubin knows what he is doing (somehow)
11 Pat Metheny - Bright Size Life: typical airy ECM house sound with less of the flaws that get introduced later in some of their productions
12 Laufey - Falling Behind (Live - The Reykjavík Sessions): With the right mood and gear, her voice can give me goosebumps on this track. Can be sibilant on some hardware.
13 Word Of Mouth Band - Beaver Patrol: Modern big band sound, track with lots of energy
14 Loris S. Sarid - Orizzontale Verticale: Modern ambient in classic Kankyo Ongaku style, but with better production.
15 Maya Delilah - Harvest Moon: Modern jazz/soul, very dynamic for the genre
16 Terrace Martin - Valdez Off Crenshaw: Soul with a slight 70s lo-fi edge, especially in the vocals
17 Lee Fields & The Expressions - Lover Man: very classic funk and soul production, analogue sounding.
18 Klaus Veen - Ordinary Days V2: Funky EDM/House track (I think). Straight banger.
19 Jack & Owane - Action Boyz: Modern E-Guitar Fusion, like Casiopea on Steroids.
20 Johan Lenox - You Up (Chamber Version): Trap and Chamber Music mixed together. You'll love it or hate it, but the production is great.
21 The Dark Jazz Ensemble - Giallo: Jazz Noir with lots of melancholy and unease. Amazingl detailed production.
22 Ghost Note - Beastie: Drum reference track. Only drums and percussion here.
23 Sora - Revans: I don't know how to describe this music, but it's kind of ambient/glitch music and this is just a great track, lots of details and great for treble checking.
24 Jameszoo & Metropole Orkest (conducted by Jules Buckley) - (lose): orchestral with a synthesizer, lots of dynamics to test here
25 Kendrick Lamar - Count Me Out: phat track, vocals and beat focused, lots of changes

Not many transducers can pass this test for me. :)

May 14, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #89,205 of 90,220
My reference playlist for new audio gear:
1. Gorillaz - Cracker Island: Very punchy and fat sounding pop song
2. Moonchild - The List: Small and modern Nu-Soul Band
3. Brad Mehldau - Little Person: Piano Jazz Trio track
04. Joni Mitchell - Woodstock: for good replay of Orchestra and Vocals, legendary production imo
05 Jacob Collier - It Don´t Matter: top-notch, clean sound for a funky pop track
06 DOMI & JD Beck - NOT TIGHT: this album is produced very dry and the snare still needs to sound good, not easy to do
07 Vulfpeck - Disco Ulysses (Instrumental): another modern song with modern production but 70s disco vibes
09 Hall & Oates - I´m Just A Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like A Man): crisp and clear 70s production, great vocals and drums
09 Vegyn - Cowboy Allstar: modern compressed producer sound with lots of swirling details
10 System Of A Down - Toxicity: Amazing punchy sound, a lot of power. Rick Rubin knows what he is doing (somehow)
11 Pat Metheny - Bright Size Life: typical airy ECM house sound with less of the flaws that get introduced later in some of their productions
12 Laufey - Falling Behind (Live - The Reykjavík Sessions): With the right mood and gear, her voice can give me goosebumps on this track. Can be sibilant on some hardware.
13 Word Of Mouth Band - Beaver Patrol: Modern big band sound, track with lots of energy
14 Loris S. Sarid - Orizzontale Verticale: Modern ambient in classic Kankyo Ongaku style, but with better production.
15 Maya Delilah - Harvest Moon: Modern jazz/soul, very dynamic for the genre
16 Terrace Martin - Valdez Off Crenshaw: Soul with a slight 70s lo-fi edge, especially in the vocals
17 Lee Fields & The Expressions - Lover Man: very classic funk and soul production, analogue sounding.
18 Klaus Veen - Ordinary Days V2: Funky EDM/House track (I think). Straight banger.
19 Jack & Owane - Action Boyz: Modern E-Guitar Fusion, like Casiopea on Steroids.
20 Johan Lenox - You Up (Chamber Version): Trap and Chamber Music mixed together. You'll love it or hate it, but the production is great.
21 The Dark Jazz Ensemble - Giallo: Jazz Noir with lots of melancholy and unease. Amazingl detailed production.
22 Ghost Note - Beastie: Drum reference track. Only drums and percussion here.
23 Sora - Revans: I don't know how to describe this music, but it's kind of ambient/glitch music and this is just a great track, lots of details and great for treble checking.
24 Jameszoo & Metropole Orkest (conducted by Jules Buckley) - (lose): orchestral with a synthesizer, lots of dynamics to test here
25 Kendrick Lamar - Count Me Out: phat track, vocals and beat focused, lots of changes

Not many transducers can pass this test for me. :)

lol, no, not the listening part - just for the opening/unboxing! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back