The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 5, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #58,036 of 87,733
i am curious about about tsunaragi. there’s also the new oriolus tube amp coming out apparently (god knows when)
Tsuranagi is goat. Highest resolution and blackground amp I've heard to date. Also great synergy with Diana v2 and final audio d8kproLE.

May 5, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #58,037 of 87,733
So glad I gave the Xenon 6 a second chance.

IMG_0056.jpeg

I disliked them for their midbass bloat at first.

But man, the Mandarin Symbio tips do such an amazing job of mopping up the excess midbass.

The Fir Audio guys, Vlad and Bogdan, had a tray full of these tips at Canjam Singapore-so that’s how I stumbled upon this “synergy”.

Loving them now across different genres.

These are the tips in case it helps anyone: https://www.amazon.com/SYMBIO-Silicone-Universal-Comfortable-Isolation/dp/B08N6XRPJG

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #58,038 of 87,733
IMG_2119.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg

Some of my impressions about the 320M, compared to the SP3000.

The 320M music player is a high-end device that features luxurious hardware. However, despite being comparatively light for its size, it can still feel quite heavy and uncomfortable during extended use. Additionally, the metal groove design on the back of the case exacerbates this problem.

Compared to other brands such as A&K, Sony, and Lotoo, the software could use some improvement. Although not excessively prolonged, an upgrade could benefit the overall user experience.

A worth noting point is the speed of copying music onto the device's internal storage. It took approximately 45 minutes to copy 25GB of music, possibly due to a bug that iBasso might solve via a software update.

Regarding the sound, the 320M offers a more impressive holographic soundstage compared to the SP3000. The difference becomes apparent when switching back and forth between the devices. The 320M is better suited for music compositions featuring multiple instruments and intricate arrangements such as classical or metal. Also, it has impactful bass, which makes it more appealing to EDM lovers.

On the other hand, the SP3000's most significant strength is its pleasing timbre, which becomes evident when playing piano or vocal sounds. It exudes greater emotionality during intimate solo performances and jazz vocals performed in intimate venues.

Although not a total replacement for the SP3000, the 320M is an excellent complement.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #58,039 of 87,733
Tsuranagi is goat. Highest resolution and blackground amp I've heard to date. Also great synergy with Diana v2 and final audio d8kproLE.
Did you have the chance to try Aroma's A100TB together with its PS100pro power supply?

May 5, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #58,040 of 87,733
thanks for yr thoughts. i am seriously considering this one. never heard a negative word for tsunaragi.

i guess this is how it happens : you start “everything portable” then you get a bulky van nuys case to organize things (already started the look for a van nuys 892 case for keeping all in one place) and all of a sudden you realize you’re in the desktop game…

would you say it’s a step up from hugo 2 ? i don’t like the idea of not having a balanced output, but also for the hugo2, the consensus is that it’s quite the legendary.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #58,041 of 87,733
Regarding the sound, the 320M offers a more impressive holographic soundstage compared to the SP3000. The difference becomes apparent when switching back and forth between the devices. The 320M is better suited for music compositions featuring multiple instruments and intricate arrangements such as classical or metal. Also, it has impactful bass, which makes it more appealing to EDM lovers.
i never knew 320m was such a brick besides the sp3k.
looking at the specs thou, can that greater soundstage size of 320m in comparison be related to its amp being more powerful ? not sure but i remember reading the ti versions output is ridiculously high with respect to most other daps

May 5, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #58,044 of 87,733
+1 with the addition of hugo2

what is yr main source ?
As Tom is so late I am answering for him 😉
He has Cayin N7 and soon Sp3k

May 5, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #58,045 of 87,733
IMG_2119.jpeg
IMG_2116.jpeg

Some of my impressions about the 320M, compared to the SP3000.

The 320M music player is a high-end device that features luxurious hardware. However, despite being comparatively light for its size, it can still feel quite heavy and uncomfortable during extended use. Additionally, the metal groove design on the back of the case exacerbates this problem.

Compared to other brands such as A&K, Sony, and Lotoo, the software could use some improvement. Although not excessively prolonged, an upgrade could benefit the overall user experience.

A worth noting point is the speed of copying music onto the device's internal storage. It took approximately 45 minutes to copy 25GB of music, possibly due to a bug that iBasso might solve via a software update.

On the other hand, the SP3000's most significant strength is its pleasing timbre, which becomes evident when playing piano or vocal sounds. It exudes greater emotionality during intimate solo performances and jazz vocals performed in intimate venues.

Although not a total replacement for the SP3000, the 320M is an excellent complement.
Great Summary mate.

I have been pondering if I should replace my SP3k + C9 setup with a 320M. first world problems :p

May 5, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #58,047 of 87,733
Great Summary mate.

I have been pondering if I should replace my SP3k + C9 setup with a 320M. first world problems :p
Guess preferences, music genre and use case are the main decision factors.
As I understood Vocals / timbre = Sp3k and holografy / energy / Bass Impact = DX320 Max.
I am sticking to my incoming used Sp3k for now as I want Roon support with my lifetime subscription.
Another reason to stick to c9 stack is flexibility using the different C9 modes like SS / NuTubes but of course you could attach C9 to DX320 Max as well.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #58,049 of 87,733
Am I the only one that read "requiring extensive 'brain burn-in'" and think "it takes a long time to convince you that the s*** you're hearing is good for you"? 😅😅

May 5, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #58,050 of 87,733
Am I the only one that read "requiring extensive 'brain burn-in'" and think "it takes a long time to convince you that the s*** you're hearing is good for you"? 😅😅
I think it's more "learning how the iem is presenting the sounds you're used to hearing". For me the first real instance of this was my trial of the Ragnar.

I listened to it after the odin and indigo and thought this sounds awful....cold, thin, details are absent but then after 2 hours with it I realized it's all there just in a giant Soundstage compared to what I was used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back