The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 11, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #46,111 of 90,607
I had the Camelot + Lancelot on demo too. It’s a solid combo, I wish the Lancelot was the stock cable though as I felt it was quite a step up from the provided stock Camelot cable.

It’s a sound I think back to often and randomly miss and want to hear again. It made me want to try the VE7 as they look similar-ish on a graph but I never got around to it.
I owned the VE7 custom btw :), still an amazing Full BA iem. And for the Camelot, I think I will add it to my library, I'm pairing it with FTS and RS8 right now, and after an hour of listening I starting to love them more, and the sound won't make you feel tired. Really love the Bass texture on Camelot and the vocal starting to get more interesting when I listen to it more.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #46,112 of 90,607
I owned EE Odin, I can tell you it's an entirely different bass tunning compared to Odin's Weapon w9+ DD. Camelot has a better mid-bass compared to Odin, the mid-bass on Camelot is more refined with great resolution and texture and has a slightly taller soundstage, and Odin's bass has more Depth and sounds deeper which formed a wider all-around soundstage. As you know both IEMs are definitely not bass head IEM, but the quality of bass on both IEMs is definitely at the flagship level. Btw, I like the sound of Camelot more than Odin and even Traillii when I listen to rock band music, really realistic performance. Pretty sure people who are into rock music with love this IEM a lot.
Nice to see another good IEM, looking forward to your full review.

Jan 12, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #46,113 of 90,607
I am officially 1000+ Head-Fier! :)

Jan 12, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #46,115 of 90,607
any impressions or comparisons between them
I love them both. I like which ever pair is in my ear best :)

I'll get some more detailed comparisons as I spend more time with the MSE. The default, open module on the GM gives a very natural bass tone, maybe a touch more midbass in the room that the open module frees up to breathe. A little more airy detail on the GM, nothing piercing just a few dB in upper treble above 10k, again accentuated by the open module. MSE has a darker background, maybe a touch more sub bass, very exciting and addictive sound. I'm happy I don't have to choose between them!

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #46,117 of 90,607
Gaea has called in to my house on it’s Aussie Walkabout, kindly organised by @Damz87
3832760D-F7C7-48FC-A6B1-0860DDE3894B.jpeg

My initial reaction was “Who stole all my mid bass??” having spent the morning with Empyrean.

But after a few hours I’m starting to appreciate how well it renders guitars, strings, female vocals, cymbals etc. AC/DC’s “Highway To Hell” has been one highlight so far.

I’m still not convinced that the lack of midbass is something that will gel with me, but there‘s enough here to give it a shot.

Jan 12, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #46,118 of 90,607
Just completed my glowing balls setup with the Mscaler, Hugo 2 and Mojo 2 throwing a disco party in my living room.

Quirky but at least it replaced the recently disposed of Christmas tree and its rather blinding lights :D

B2D7CE18-9DD7-4916-B54C-9569E40A2842.jpeg

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #46,120 of 90,607
Gaea has called in to my house on it’s Aussie Walkabout, kindly organised by @Damz87
3832760D-F7C7-48FC-A6B1-0860DDE3894B.jpeg

My initial reaction was “Who stole all my mid bass??” having spent the morning with Empyrean.

But after a few hours I’m starting to appreciate how well it renders guitars, strings, female vocals, cymbals etc. AC/DC’s “Highway To Hell” has been one highlight so far.

I’m still not convinced that the lack of midbass is something that will gel with me, but there‘s enough here to give it a shot.

What's your source? Gaea is quite receptive to a little EQ and I find a little bump in the mid-bass works rather well.

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #46,121 of 90,607
Yes exactly. It is equalized via an open module by default, they'll roll out more for additional tunings. There is also a filter switch on the top to pivot the bass filter to instead emphasize vocals.
So no pressure issues with that one? I have the mini and while I quite enjoy the sound, I notice pressure pretty much as soon as I put them in my ears. I am somewhat interested in having a "higher end" version of the mini, but hard for me to justify spending like 4-6 times the price or more. Do you have any pressure issues with the SE?

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #46,122 of 90,607
So no pressure issues with that one? I have the mini and while I quite enjoy the sound, I notice pressure pretty much as soon as I put them in my ears. I am somewhat interested in having a "higher end" version of the mini, but hard for me to justify spending like 4-6 times the price or more. Do you have any pressure issues with the SE?
No pressure issues at all with the Grand. Equalized pressure really feels great, even without any flex or discomfort in comparison. Heck, even without any music or sound at all it just feels more natural.

I don't have any pressure issues on the SE (I do get a bit of flex during removal of the Mini, but nothing on the SE; YMMV). However it definitely feels like your ears are being plugged by the IEM, as is typical and expected for an unequalized seal.

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #46,124 of 90,607
No pressure issues at all with the Grand. Equalized pressure really feels great, even without any flex or discomfort in comparison. Heck, even without any music or sound at all it just feels more natural.

I don't have any pressure issues on the SE (I do get a bit of flex during removal of the Mini, but nothing on the SE; YMMV). However it definitely feels like your ears are being plugged by the IEM, as is typical and expected for an unequalized seal.
Thanks for the info. Probably no plans to move up then since the SE is already pushing beyond my current comfort level price wise and I wonder if the changes would even be to my preference.

My fibae 5 has a spot to add a filter that I am guessing might be on the front volume since I have no pressure issues there, and my 64 duo is so open that it can be hard to tell sometimes if I even have a decent seal with eartips. But both are easy to wear for long periods while my ears feel plugged as you say immediately with the maestro mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back