The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #46,096 of 90,931
I too have more cables than iems. Cable addicts "anonymous"? I think that might be more embarrassing than MBP Pro

My left hand knocking my right hand away from the PM button 🤣
But it will make you happy!
Also, it'll help fund my new living space. Pic related.
775869.jpg

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #46,102 of 90,931
Trying out the Nostalgia Camelot from Musicteck :), interesting tuning overall with excellent sound definitely flagship level iem, I feel like it's great for metal music and rock music, I will write some impressions later (between Traillii and FTS as well ), stay tuned :)
1673488482805.jpeg

Jan 11, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #46,103 of 90,931
Trying out the Nostalgia Camelot from Musicteck :), interesting tuning overall with excellent sound definitely flagship level iem, I feel like it's great for metal music and rock music, I will write some impressions later (between Traillii and FTS as well ), stay tuned :)
1673488482805.jpeg
Two DDs, hopefully will rival the bass from EE flagships.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #46,105 of 90,931
Epic TOTL Bass Bros

FATfreq Maestro SE and Custom Grand Maestro. Hard to get them together at once for a pic, I've had one or the other in ear as much as physically possible :)
Is that a vent or a passive air module on the Grand? Similar to the Apex / Atom modules that 64 Audio and FiR use?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #46,106 of 90,931
Two DDs, hopefully will rival the bass from EE flagships.
I owned EE Odin, I can tell you it's an entirely different bass tunning compared to Odin's Weapon w9+ DD. Camelot has a better mid-bass compared to Odin, the mid-bass on Camelot is more refined with great resolution and texture and has a slightly taller soundstage, and Odin's bass has more Depth and sounds deeper which formed a wider all-around soundstage. As you know both IEMs are definitely not bass head IEM, but the quality of bass on both IEMs is definitely at the flagship level. Btw, I like the sound of Camelot more than Odin and even Traillii when I listen to rock band music, really realistic performance. Pretty sure people who are into rock music with love this IEM a lot.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #46,107 of 90,931
I had the Camelot + Lancelot on demo too. It’s a solid combo, I wish the Lancelot was the stock cable though as I felt it was quite a step up from the provided stock Camelot cable.

It’s a sound I think back to often and randomly miss and want to hear again. It made me want to try the VE7 as they look similar-ish on a graph but I never got around to it.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #46,108 of 90,931
I had the Camelot + Lancelot on demo too. It’s a solid combo, I wish the Lancelot was the stock cable though as I felt it was quite a step up from the provided stock Camelot cable.

It’s a sound I think back to often and randomly miss and want to hear again. It made me want to try the VE7 as they look similar-ish on a graph but I never got around to it.

Give VE8 a listen. :fearful:

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #46,110 of 90,931
Is that a vent or a passive air module on the Grand? Similar to the Apex / Atom modules that 64 Audio and FiR use?
Yes exactly. It is equalized via an open module by default, they'll roll out more for additional tunings. There is also a filter switch on the top to pivot the bass filter to instead emphasize vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back