The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 6, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #37,322 of 89,275
Oct 6, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #37,323 of 89,275
Starting my first night with the fabled Elysian X. After three hours with it so far, I can tell its something special. 🥰.

As a fan of electronic music, Elysians have been something that I've been curious about. Huge thanks to @Blanchot for letting me buy his. I couldn't have imagined finding one at this stage of the game.

Screenshot_20221005-235307_Gallery.jpg

I believe this particular unit (#8) originally belonged to @Damz87. Coincidentally, I asked him a while ago on the Elysian thread if the X would be a good fit for for me. Somehow, it ended up here in Canada.

Screenshot_20221006-000158_Gallery-01.jpeg

This X is attached to the Brise Audio NAOBI-LE cable that Blanchot purchased. So far I like the ergonomics of it. The Venom is something I might explore later.

Early impressions:

- I hear a mild V shape. It is darker than the Traillii but has great speed and resolution.

-Female vocals with Trance is slightly "tucked" but not to a distracting level. X has great upper mids. This pulls the timbre slightly towards the airy / ethereal direction. Will test other genres later.

- The bass is quite explosive, punchy and smooth. EDM synth rips are tactille and euphoric. Coming from the XE6, I hear more sub bass and a lot less mid bass. This combination comes off more "balanced" to me cross genres. The bass shelf is higher than the Traillii which is right for my electronic preferences 👌.

-The macro dynamics are impressive. This is a key ingredient for me for energetic music. Soundstage width is about the same as the Ragnar but the X has more vertical depth. Kickdrums enter and leave in a satisfying way.

-The treble extention is nothing like I've ever heard. The only thing that might come close is the Viking Ragnar. I am amazed at how present and clean it is. Cymbal strikes priiiistiiine. For most songs, it's as if theres several extra gradients of decay that I haven't heard. The difference between the X and Ragnar is that the X does it in a way that doesnt come off harsh or fatiguing.
Not sure if you have the connectors for it, but why not pair it with Ode to Laura?

Oct 6, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #37,324 of 89,275

More people need to try this one (for me:D)

This is the first AMT iem I ever owned, circa 2017.
Obravo eamt-1c
Obravo 01.jpg

Oct 6, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #37,326 of 89,275
They seem to be in good shape! :) Do you like them?
I sold them a few years ago, but they were great sounding, U shaped sound though the mids were not too recessed and were very smooth. AMT tweeter with the 13mm DD gave them both low end punch and sparkling highs. Unfortunately, with the design, I could never keep them sealed in my large ear canals and they would literally fall out of my ears unless I sat motionless! LOL

Oct 6, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #37,327 of 89,275
Aren't leaner mid bass and lower mids one of the main reasons that the technicals can come across as excellent? I thought too much warmth in those areas often is a burden for a top notch presentation. But perhaps that's too much of a generalization?

drftr
Yeah that's why I'm not impressed with super technical iems. They usually suck the life out of lower mids and often sub bass. I'm impressed when i can have it all!

Oct 6, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #37,328 of 89,275
Yeah that's why I'm not impressed with super technical iems. They usually suck the life out of lower mids and often sub bass. I'm impressed when i can have it all!

What IEM have you 'had it all' with?? Do tell..... do tell.....

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #37,329 of 89,275
2175ED31-82E7-45DB-BF72-36B4D38D3080.jpeg

One of these things is not like the other…

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #37,330 of 89,275
Oct 6, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #37,331 of 89,275
(code word for meh without offending people. The audiophile term for "i would go out with you if i wasn't in a

Not sure if you have the connectors for it, but why not pair it with Ode to Laura?
Did Sony started this type of IEM package for Z1R: small cabinet with drawers. Very nice but totally useless.

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #37,332 of 89,275
Keywords for me not to make a blind purchase ranked in order:

Boring
Treble piercing
Fatiguing upper mids
Light on bass
Analyze the music vs feel the music
Boring
Small stage especially for top tier also small stage for a totl (different things)
When too many people say "it's great but doesn't add anything to my library" (code word for meh without offending people. The audiophile term for "i would go out with you if i wasn't in a committed relationship"aka friend zoned😂😂😂 )
Well, look at what he has. I have the LCD i4 too and I’m not inclined to buy the Supermoon, they both cover similar ground. And the advantage for SM is that it’s custom and closed.

Oct 6, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #37,333 of 89,275

Users who are viewing this thread

Back