THE WATERCOOLER HEADPHONE EDITION – Headphones, Amps, DACs, and desktop/home audio related – a freewheeling discussion of gear, impressions, music, and musings.
May 13, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #256 of 875
AFAIK it's advisable not to leave it charging unattended, which I do not. Other than that I just use common sense when using it and thus far, knock on wood, I haven't had any issues.
Sounds interesting. Was actually thinking about getting one for outdoor use and this is the nudge I needed to commit. Hifi test first, intended use later. 😅

May 13, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #259 of 875
i just found out this website they have quiet qood amounts of old recording tapes tranfer to high definition digital to download.
Mostly they offer only old famous jazz or classical artists but the sound quality mastered to digital is exellent . I just donwloaded some jazz and classical album and really enjoy the sound quality.
This is my favorite site to download old music along with native dsd for more modern dsd albums

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.ca/

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #260 of 875
May 13, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #261 of 875
May 13, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #262 of 875
i just found out this website they have quiet qood amounts of old recording tapes tranfer to high definition digital to download.
Mostly they offer only old famous jazz or classical artists but the sound quality mastered to digital is exellent . I just donwloaded some jazz and classical album and really enjoy the sound quality.
This is my favorite site to download old music along with native dsd for more modern dsd albums

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.ca/
It’s a bit of hit and miss. I found that some of the sound quality of the sources used are not that good and it’s reflected on the digital copy. Usually if the source is a 4-track studio master IPS tape, the quality is noticeably better than the 2-track ones. You can check in each album’s description page for such info.

May 13, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #263 of 875
what's the saying? lipstick on a pig

May 13, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #264 of 875
It’s a bit of hit and miss. I found that some of the sound quality of the sources used are not that good and it’s reflected on the digital copy. Usually if the source is a 4-track studio master IPS tape, the quality is noticeably better than the 2-track ones. You can check in each album’s description page for such info.
thanks for the info! i will check them.

May 13, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #265 of 875
thanks for the info! i will check them.
No problem.

Btw if you’re into vintage jazz, Valkyria is the perfect choice for that. It adds the much needed weight for old jazz recordings and it sort of breathes a new life into my vintage jazz library.

May 13, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #267 of 875
A different method to tackle a problem. I admittedly did not come up with this idea on my own, rather @zach915m was the one who suggested I look into this solution.

A very long story short, I had my PSAudio Dectet looking like a Tesla coil, sparks shooting this way and that, which in turn melted my FTA Callisto USB cable, fried my Roon core and all other sorts of audiophile nightmare fuel.

Anyways, for the price of a decent power conditioner, I picked up a LIPO battery system. The one I have has four 20 amp AC sockets. I can run my entire setup for twenty hours before it needs a re-charge, which only takes about 90 minutes to go from 0-100%. It also accommodates large, aftermarket audiophile grade power cables.

It is totally silent in operation and produces perfect sine waves. The SQ increase is quite noticeable, especially in clarity and staging. One never realizes how dirty the electricity coming from the wall is until you can a/b with a clean solution. No more surges to worry about and no more hours of the day when your gear sounds the best.

For more info check out here , an article from 'Enjoy The Music' about using batteries for running audio gear.

For the record, PSAudio didn't even bother to assist or inquire about damages. Final Touch Audio replaced my USB cable free of charge (highly recommended).

Couldn’t agree more. I do the same. Right now I’m in charging mode. Sorry for the mess, but excited to see another Bluetti user!

Attachments

• IMG_4940.jpeg
    IMG_4940.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #268 of 875
Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #269 of 875
I have a 3600 watt EcoFlow pro 2 but not for home stereo, electricity outage.

May 13, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #270 of 875
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back