The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Nov 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #1,156 of 4,701
Just got the takstar 2050 yesterday. So far I'm really impressed. Definely the best headfone under 100 I've heard. Even playing over an iPod it sounded great. The soundstage is a bit small for a semi open can.but for the price is such a steal

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #1,157 of 4,701
^^^ I would avoid this vendor " Peaceful Taste E-commerce Co., Ltd." at AliExpress because he tried to up-sell me on the regular shipping cost, citing the Takstar HI-2050 headphones which contains magnetic material would be rejected from being shipped out by China Post. Instead he wanted me to pay an additional $8 fee to ship it UPS.  Please avoid this snake oil salesman!

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #1,159 of 4,701
  ^^^ I would avoid this vendor " Peaceful Taste E-commerce Co., Ltd." at AliExpress because he tried to up-sell me on the regular shipping cost, citing the Takstar HI-2050 headphones which contains magnetic material would be rejected from being shipped out by China Post. Instead he wanted me to pay an additional $8 fee to ship it UPS.  Please avoid this snake oil salesman!

Not snake oil. China Post is actually starting to reject packages because of that. $8 for UPS isn't bad at all.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #1,160 of 4,701

Just to share some purchasing method with you guys. 
You can either buy from Taobao.com by using agent or you can buy from en.jd.com. JD is like Amazon in China.
They provide shipment to many countries, to Singapore they provide free air shipment and local pickup.
This is the link here. http://en.jd.com/product/victory-takstar-hi-2050-open-fidelity-music-appreciation-headset-touches-your-soul-metallic-silver/397416.html   it cost only USD $32.35 

Happy buying and listening! 
Joseph 

That Aliexpress in a different layout and the price is the same too.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #1,161 of 4,701
  Not snake oil. China Post is actually starting to reject packages because of that. $8 for UPS isn't bad at all.

I recently ordered a laptop battery which was rejected by China post because Li-ion are classefied dangerous goods. He resent it through Sweden mail with no extra cost. But I would choose UPS for $8 any day !

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #1,163 of 4,701
  Woot, just got my HD5500 in.  That Brainwavz hard case is nice.  5500s a little smaller and lighter than the M50s.  The cups are smaller.  It's way more comfortable than the M50s.  Doesn't squish as hard.  But first impressions, the bass is lower and softer but not as boomy or loud as I'd thought it'd be.  Whereas the M50s bass is punchy and seems just as loud and boomy as the 5500s.  But I gotta break out the M50s to compare.  Have it back in it's package.

Any more impressions? I like the 5500 over the M50 by quite a bit. They can take a lot of power too (2W)

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #1,164 of 4,701

^^^ I would avoid this vendor " [COLOR=000000]Peaceful Taste E-commerce Co., Ltd.[/COLOR]" at AliExpress because he tried to up-sell me on the regular shipping cost, citing the Takstar HI-2050 headphones which contains magnetic material would be rejected from being shipped out by China Post. Instead he wanted me to pay an additional $8 fee to ship it UPS.  Please avoid this snake oil salesman!

It was an additional $8 on top of the China Post shipping fee, so in total about $26 shipping for $30 headphones. :rolleyes: Not worth dealing with a seller who lists a shipping method that he can't fulfill.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #1,165 of 4,701
  Any more impressions? I like the 5500 over the M50 by quite a bit. They can take a lot of power too (2W)

I dunno, kinda torn between them.  More of the pros for me are towards the M50 though.  Maybe I just need to amp/dac it up?  It does sound a little underwhelming, but then again it's probably because I only have it plugged into my computer, no dac or amp.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #1,168 of 4,701
  Testing the 5500s on some Techmaster P.E.B., my ears are hurting now.  All that low end bass and it's still pretty clean and clear.

That's the best part. Give it power, and it gets deep, but as the Freq response graph shows, it doesn't peak anywhere, making everything nice and clear. Mostly nice and clear anyway... with all that bass, something has to give in the mids and highs at times, but its a small concession.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,169 of 4,701
  I like the look of the hd 6000 but I need to know a few things. can i listen gaming music/play video games with it and can I use a velour earpads with them? 

You can use it for anything.

I like the stock pads, so I didn't try to find any others. You would have to find velours that fit.

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #1,170 of 4,701
  Hey, look at these: Takstar velvet earpads under $9 ! I'm so tempted right now to order these and a Pro 80
basshead.gif

Thanks for the tip. I bought those pads for my Pro80s (arrived a couple of weeks ago in the UK) and they make them very comfortable. Am aware of the isolation suffering though  - more background noise is infiltrating, but the increased comfort compensates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back