The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Nov 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #1,141 of 4,701
  @bhazard  I already have Takstar ts 671 and Pro 80. If I order HD 5500 or HD 6000 will there be other sound characteristic difference? If yes, better 5500 or 6000? I listen mostly to vocals.
Thanks

I have the TS-671 & Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini label) & HD6000.
I really only use the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), of the three.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #1,143 of 4,701
  Thanks. So if I did buy HD5500 (or 6000) it will be for bass. Clarity bass is so tempting, especially at this price :)

This is one of the few headphones I don't feel the need to EQ boost the low end on.

Keep in mind, its no Hifiman in the mids, and the highs are a bit laid back, but throw on a Knife Party song, or any other EDM mix, and it rocks. It's non fatiguing for metal as well.

To give you a background on how I like my bass, this is my DIY Dual Opposed 2x 18" 165lb Sub. Two 18" subs are in here, with 2400 watts hooked up into them, hitting 100db flat at 10hz..... and the HD5500 satisfies me.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #1,144 of 4,701
Man, I just want to listen to someone's setup just to get a taste.  This M50 is my first delving into this hobby and it sounds great but I just want more bass.  If the 5500's mids and highs are pretty much like the M50s with more bass then I'll be satisfied.  Hopefully it comes Saturday but I doubt it.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,145 of 4,701
  Man, I just want to listen to someone's setup just to get a taste.  This M50 is my first delving into this hobby and it sounds great but I just want more bass.  If the 5500's mids and highs are pretty much like the M50s with more bass then I'll be satisfied.  Hopefully it comes Saturday but I doubt it.

If it makes you feel any better, I just sold my M50. It's a good entry into "head-fi", but there are so many other headphones that are much better. I just had to hear the M50 once in my life, and it was good, not great.

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #1,146 of 4,701
Hi Guys!
I was following this thread for long time. I only know Takstar from here. 
I bought the Takstar Hi5020 recently. Boy they are amazing!!!

Just to share some purchasing method with you guys. 
You can either buy from Taobao.com by using agent or you can buy from en.jd.com. JD is like Amazon in China.
They provide shipment to many countries, to Singapore they provide free air shipment and local pickup.
This is the link here. http://en.jd.com/product/victory-takstar-hi-2050-open-fidelity-music-appreciation-headset-touches-your-soul-metallic-silver/397416.html   it cost only USD $32.35 

Happy buying and listening! 
Joseph 

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #1,147 of 4,701

If it makes you feel any better, I just sold my M50. It's a good entry into "head-fi", but there are so many other headphones that are much better. I just had to hear the M50 once in my life, and it was good, not great.

Yeah, same here, just had to hear it with all it's raving reviews.  Well right now it's "great" to me since it's my first cans lol.  I did have some Westone 2 that got passed down.  But those have no bass and I don't know where they are now lol.  Anyways I just got my tracking #.  That was quick.  Yeah it does make me feel better lol and you were the reason why I even knew of the 5500s when I started reading the Basshead club thread after I had ordered the M50s.

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #1,149 of 4,701
"Speedy" or "fast" is not a real or good term in describing bass. There are way too many people out there that think an 8" subwoofer is automatically "faster" and "tighter", yet a good 18" can easily match an 8" in "speed".

Since the bass is boosted, it can bleed into mids at times. This is common. The bass is probably too much for a "purist", but the 5500 is geared toward EDM and big bass. It just happens to keep things clear, affecting the mids less than most basshead cans.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #1,151 of 4,701
  Yesterday I ordered the HD6000 with Gypsum and today the HD5500 with Quartz. Could't be happier for pulling the trigger on those two for such a great price.

Nice, I picked the Quartz too with my HD5500.  I was thinking about the Zirconia, since it looks like more people buy that one, but it looks like it'll leave a dent on the band cushion since that part the band sits on is narrow.  I liked it's simplicity though.

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,152 of 4,701

Nice, I picked the Quartz too with my HD5500.  I was thinking about the Zirconia, since it looks like more people buy that one, but it looks like it'll leave a dent on the band cushion since that part the band sits on is narrow.  I liked it's simplicity though.

I liked the Zirconia simplicity too but this is the exact reason I didn't choose it - I can make such a simple stand at home from two sheets of plexi glass like I made a Fiio stand look alike from wood. The Quartz and Gypsum seem more complex.

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,153 of 4,701
sorry newbie here want to ask a few question and hopefully can bright me up

right now i am having goldring dr 150 and this headphone really2 sucks for the song i like

can you guys suggest me what takstar i must pick for my needs thanks before 

i usually listen to some jappenese pop song and rock and i really love linkin park , eminem  so what do you guys think i must buy takstar hd 5500 or 6000 or pro 80? because there's is deal in 1 of my fav online store  mp4nation

thank you for you answer guys 

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #1,154 of 4,701
  sorry newbie here want to ask a few question and hopefully can bright me up

right now i am having goldring dr 150 and this headphone really2 sucks for the song i like

can you guys suggest me what takstar i must pick for my needs thanks before 

i usually listen to some jappenese pop song and rock and i really love linkin park , eminem  so what do you guys think i must buy takstar hd 5500 or 6000 or pro 80? because there's is deal in 1 of my fav online store  mp4nation

thank you for you answer guys 

I would suggest to go for the Pro-80 if you are using it indoors and grab either the HD5500 or 6000 for portable use.

cheers! 

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,155 of 4,701
Woot, just got my HD5500 in.  That Brainwavz hard case is nice.  5500s a little smaller and lighter than the M50s.  The cups are smaller.  It's way more comfortable than the M50s.  Doesn't squish as hard.  But first impressions, the bass is lower and softer but not as boomy or loud as I'd thought it'd be.  Whereas the M50s bass is punchy and seems just as loud and boomy as the 5500s.  But I gotta break out the M50s to compare.  Have it back in it's package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back