The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #617 of 4,695
Quote:
So far, I find the Hi 2050 competes well with my Jaycar and Grado SR60 headphones.  They are much more comfortable than the Grados.  My only complaint so far, is that some of my music tracks can be a bit bright with them.  Often these are on poor MP3 rips, so it is partially due to the quality of my files.  All in all, a good headphone, especially for the price.   

So, you haveboth the Hi2050 and the Jaycar HM5/FA-003 rebrand? And you like the Hi2050 best? I'm thinking it might actually be a plus that bad quality tracks sound not too good with these phones, tells you something abouth the quality of the phones i reckon.

Myself, i'm still thinking about getting the Hi2050's or one of the FA-003/HM5 rebrands myself, but can't seem to make up my mind. Heard some grado SR-60's recently and really like the openness/airyness of the sound. How do the Hi2050's compete with the grado's on SQ level?

Seems that the Hi2050's seems almost easier and also a lot cheaper (FU stupid shipping..! :frowning2: ) to get over here in the Netherlands than grado's or Fa-003/Jaycars/Lindy's. Should make the descision to pull the trigger on these easier but somehow, it's not. :p

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #618 of 4,695
Quote:

So, you haveboth the Hi2050 and the Jaycar HM5/FA-003 rebrand? And you like the Hi2050 best? I'm thinking it might actually be a plus that bad quality tracks sound not too good with these phones, tells you something abouth the quality of the phones i reckon.

Myself, i'm still thinking about getting the Hi2050's or one of the FA-003/HM5 rebrands myself, but can't seem to make up my mind. Heard some grado SR-60's recently and really like the openness/airyness of the sound. How do the Hi2050's compete with the grado's on SQ level?

Seems that the Hi2050's seems almost easier and also a lot cheaper (FU stupid shipping..! :frowning2: ) to get over here in the Netherlands than grado's or Fa-003/Jaycars/Lindy's. Should make the descision to pull the trigger on these easier but somehow, it's not. :p

I do not clearly prefer the Hi2050's over the Jaycars, it really depends on the type of music and the quality of the file I'm listening to.  Sometimes the openness of the Hi2050 works well with the music and then I prefer it.  Other times the Jaycars do better.  Still haven't made up my mind on overall preference, so I keep swapping them at work.  

As for my grados, they are modded and I really enjoy them for rock music.  However, they can be very uncomfortable (weirdly I'm not having that problem as I type this message though, so it is sensitive to how I wear them I guess).  I don't have the same issues with Jaycar or the Hi2050.  

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #619 of 4,695
I have both the HI2050s and Jaycars as well. I actually find their sound signatures to be remarkably similar given one is open and the other closed. Both are great headphones for jazz which is my primary interest. I do find the Takstars to be quite a bit more comfortable although I would not describe the Jaycars as uncomfortable by any means.

cubdog

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #620 of 4,695
i would say that the the takstar HI2050 is a little behind the FA-003 but still good nonetheless. depens on price i guess :wink:

you should take a look at the somic mh463. it beats them both by a large margin, albeit the earpads are not as comfy.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #621 of 4,695
Quote:
i would say that the the takstar HI2050 is a little behind the FA-003 but still good nonetheless. depens on price i guess :wink:

you should take a look at the somic mh463. it beats them both by a large margin, albeit the earpads are not as comfy.

Welp that is what i was waiting to hear this entire time. The Somics MH463s are really that much better than all of the cans mentioned on this thread???
eek.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #622 of 4,695

To me the pro80's are way better then the hm5's. Different tastes I'll guess.

I've got the somic efi82's on the way. I'll post my thoughts on how they compares when I get them.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #623 of 4,695
Quote:

I respectfully disagree with this, or at least in comparison with HI2050/HPT990. IMO theyre about on the same level SQ wise but offer different signatures and so it comes down to preference. MH463 for those that like a warm and laid back sound and HI2050/HPT990 for something abit more energetic and up-front

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #624 of 4,695
Quote:

By a large margin, that tells me we are talking above HD650/DT880/AGK701 ??
Are we in HD800/T1 land ??

Well I will order a set..

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #627 of 4,695
Quote:

Quote:
I respectfully disagree with this, or at least in comparison with HI2050/HPT990. IMO theyre about on the same level SQ wise but offer different signatures and so it comes down to preference. MH463 for those that like a warm and laid back sound and HI2050/HPT990 for something abit more energetic and up-front

I agree with kid. I own MH464 and the HPT990 and I find that,

MH463 - Senn sound, Similiar to HD600/HD650 (By desc and reviews, haven't personally heard them myself).
HI2050/HPT990 - Beyer sound, Similiar to DT880/DT990 (I own the DT880/600s and A/Bing them, the HPT990 is bassier/more sibilant matching ppl's desc and reviews of the DT990s. Read that the HPT, after burn-in become more like DT880s where the bass and treble mellows out.)

It just depends on your sound preference. I'm kinda looking for a AKG x70x knock off now so I can "try" out the big 3. Hehe

What is the comfort level of the Somics? I find that anymore, no matter how good a headphone sounds, if they are uncomfortable I won't listen to them.

cubdog

No experience with the EFi but, with the MH463s, I find them pretty heavy but comfortable as long as you're not using the stock pads. They'll shift with head movements so staying stationary is important.

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #628 of 4,695
so i bought the pro 80's, not here yet. I find the hi 2050s very comfy. Are the pro 80s as comfy? I am pretty sensitive to the ear cushions and general comfyness.

If I don't like the earpads, what are some good ones?

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #629 of 4,695
Quote:
so i bought the pro 80's, not here yet. I find the hi 2050s very comfy. Are the pro 80s as comfy? I am pretty sensitive to the ear cushions and general comfyness.

If I don't like the earpads, what are some good ones?

If you like the pads on the hi2050 it is easy to swap pads..

Otherwise the brainwash pads fits nicely..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back