The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #646 of 4,701
hey guys I think takstar wired our headphones wrong, I was re cabling my headphones and realized that the red (right channel) wire was connected to the black (ground) and the ground was connected to the red wire. http://www.head-fi.org/t/654988/headphone-internal-rewiring-question

I also realized the headphones were playing left channel right and right channel left and sometimes on both phones. I thought it was a front panel wiring issue..but then again.. can anybody confirm if this IS the way these phones are supposed to be wired? because my last set was wired red to red and ground to ground

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #647 of 4,701
Okay I am trying this http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php

and definitely the right headphone feels more powered, even when playing left only it plays the left only stuff? is the wring wrong?

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #649 of 4,701
plainer english please...

what can be done about crosstalk? why does one channel produce it while the other doesn't?

If the ground and a live wire is shortet there is no sound coming out. - but the right channel wire "red" and ground is being shorted here aren't they? you see that from the picture ?

http://www.mcfrede.dk/projects/takstar_pro_80_headphone_mods/takstar_pro_80_headphone_mods_02.shtml

how are they supposed to be wired, right channel + ground then ground + red right channel wire from right headphone?

I hope I was clear..

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #650 of 4,701
Google crosstalk.

Frederik´s phones have not got any problems, he is one of my friends and his phones are behaving like they should. (the picture you are linking to.)
Take a look at the pictures again and see where rhe wires go, there is nothing shortet on those pictures..

Since mine is with a new cable, I would have to buy a new set and take them apart to know how they are wired from the factory..

Take a multimeter and find out what is what tip on the plug is left, second ring is right, the big part ground..

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #651 of 4,701
I did but didn't get a proper explanation, from my understanding it has something to do with a faulty AMP on the sound card?

I have double checked his picture here I have labeled it..(I have rewired it like this) Ground coming from the wire connects with the Right Channel on the other side of the headphone, Right channel Coming out of the wire connects to the ground of the other headphone connects to the ground..

Here's a picture, look closer...look where the thin red wire(right channel) and thin copper wire (ground) is meeting.

can you open your left headphone and post some good pictures of the wiring inside your headphones and label them for me please, so I can understand if I did it wrong?

I have tried with a ASUS Xonar DG card and the cross talk has pretty much gone away, however the right side seems to be kind of overpowering and pronouncing then the left? I don't get it..is there something wrong? and what impedance should I run them? I am currently running at 32 - 64ohm. I believe these are 52ohm, but I did run it 64ohm + and it sounded a lot better and louder. Anyway I have this feeling that the right side headphone is overpowering the left. What can it be?

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #652 of 4,701
Just double tested on my left ear, this is ridiculous. One headphone (right side) is louder then the left side! :mad: What. I dont know whats wrong. I opened it up many times and it didn't help.is it faulty? it definitely favoring the right side, the guitar and voice seems to be louder on the right then it is on the left. unbalanced?

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #654 of 4,701
the left side is under powered. I dont know why? is this a defect? the way I wired them I dont get it..

Cub dog can you open your Pro 80's and show me the wiring, it will only take a few mins, they come apart very easily.

My one is as I have said the Red wire is connected / shorted to the ground and the ground is shorted to the red wire, not sure if I can make this any simpler. i think thats how its wired from the factory as well.

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #655 of 4,701
TAKE A BETTER LOOK AT YOUR PICTURE... the "groundwire" that connects, with the red one is going toogether with another "groundwire" to the other cup, so the two groundwires that is in the cable between the cup is one groundwire and one livewire...

It has no influence on anything sonically what colour the wire has, there are no rules on what colour it has, it is very random from phone to phone..

The ground wire from the plug is BLACK.
Red is Right
Blue is left..

If your googleing has not made you wiser on crosstalk, google some more..or use the seach function..

Crosstalk can NOT be introduced by the wires if or not they touch eachother, that is what you need to know in this case..

If it plays louder in one side, it can be faulty, but it can also come from your amp. not equally clean ears, the File itself, it is impossible for anyone to tell...
If you are sure in your case send them back for a refund, it is as simple as that..

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #657 of 4,701
TAKE A BETTER LOOK AT YOUR PICTURE... the "groundwire" that connects, with the red one is going toogether with another "groundwire" to the other cup, so the two groundwires that is in the cable between the cup is one groundwire and one livewire...

It has no influence on anything sonically what colour the wire has, there are no rules on what colour it has, it is very random from phone to phone..

The ground wire from the plug is BLACK, not copper...

If it plays louder in one side, it can be faulty, but it can also come from your amp. not equally clean ears, the File itself, it is impossible for anyone to tell...
If you are sure in your case send them back for a refund, it is as simple as that..

i know color of the wire has nothing to do, but generally speaking Red is Right, The Blue / Green is Left and the Copper/Black is Ground, thats how I have it wired.

Okay, so..in the picture the ground wire from the other cup that looks thin copper wire, is shorted or connected to the red wire. and the thin red wire from the cup is shorted with the thick ground black wire. see what I am trying to say? shouldn't it be Ground + Ground and Right + Red instead of how it is here?

Can you show me a picture how you wired yours? I am getting confused here.

yes it plays louder in one side..I wonder if it has something to do with the way its wired. Anyway I will test it on another source and update, however I have rewired it, and have thrown out the old coiled wiring. How can I send it back now? Do you or any body you know still havethe coiled wiring with the headphone connector? I guess without it I cant send it back for a refund.

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #659 of 4,701
Have you tried a different source? If that doesn't fix anything I would desolder everything from the drivers and start over again, trial and error. if that doesn't work, just buy a new one, recable, then return the broken one with the "new" cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back