The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #661 of 4,701
Have you tried a different source? If that doesn't fix anything I would desolder everything from the drivers and start over again, trial and error. if that doesn't work, just buy a new one, recable, then return the broken one with the "new" cable.

God idea, let me try another source and if that doesn't work them I'll try what you suggested. I can get a Beyers Headphones DTX700 for around $50. So not sure if I should buy another takstar and have to cover $20 international shipping.

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #663 of 4,701
Tested in another computer with HD Audio, now it plays ONLy in the right EAR!!!

I think I have it wired wrong, the right channel red should connect to red and ground black should connect to ground copper? right?

can anybody provide me with some instructions or pics how the wired theirs? I have recabled headphones before but this is hella lame

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #664 of 4,701
Ground and red for one side ground and blue for the other side..
Your own picture shows it all..
They are NOT shortet, they are connected..

IF they were shortet, they would NOT produce sound, as I have tried to explain a couple of times..

If they make sound they are not shortet..

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #665 of 4,701
Thats not my picture damn it, thats from your friend mc freddy on how its wired up from stock factory.

by short I mean connected, however it did produce sound on my sonar, but now on the other computer with HD audio., on which only the right side produced any sound.

So here is how I have it wired now what do you think? red + red and ground + ground .

Both speakers seem to be making equal sound now..but I'll need to do more testing first..

red is right channel, blue is left channel and copper is ground..

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #666 of 4,701
I just got my 2050. I am overall enjoying the sound coming from them though the highs sometimes feel too harsh making it uncomfortable to listen to at higher volumes. I hope that with some burn in that the highs get toned down a bit but overall I'm liking the sound really much. 

My major dislike is the comfort though. I think I got spoiled by my Sennheisers. Compared to Sennheiser HD598 they're just not as good. The pads are too hard I think and they're not deep enough which results in your ears touching the headphones.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #667 of 4,701
Always so kind, humble and polite when you need help ??
Please remember who has a problem and who is trying to help..

How should I know where the picture comes from ??

Just wire it up like the picture from mcfrede and you are good to go..

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #670 of 4,701
Quote:
I have a pair on the way, toogether with some other somic models, I will report back when it arrives.

I'm looking forward to your impressions.

I've got the Somic Efi-82mt a couple of days ago and so far I prefer the Pro80 (both stock with HM5 pads). The Somic's sound good, it just that so far the Pro80's sound even better. 

I'll get back with more impressions when I've had som more time with the Somic's (I was in the US last week and picked up a pair of Fostex t50rp that is getting all of my attention at the moment
dt880smile.png
).

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #671 of 4,701
Quote:
I'm looking forward to your impressions.

I've got the Somic Efi-82mt a couple of days ago and so far I prefer the Pro80 (both stock with HM5 pads). The Somic's sound good, it just that so far the Pro80's sound even better. 

I'll get back with more impressions when I've had som more time with the Somic's (I was in the US last week and picked up a pair of Fostex t50rp that is getting all of my attention at the moment
dt880smile.png
).

This might be of interest for you http://hoved-fi.dk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2448&p=45762&hilit=fostex#p45762

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #672 of 4,701
Mar 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #673 of 4,701
Any more reviews on the Pro 80's?  I'd, very much, like to get one pair for daily use. I used to be a big fan of the HD 25-1, until got bored. Now I kinda miss them, but wanna try something new and inexpensive. 

Pro 80s look soo good I have to have one. Actually I'm more interested in the sound of these. :D

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #674 of 4,701
Soundwise the Pro 80s are very nice. Most everything written about them here is true. My only complaint, as I have stated, is the size of the earcups. They are significantly smaller than those on the HI2050s which I find perfect. Because of this I prefer the 2050s just slightly over the Pro80s.

cubdog

Mar 23, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #675 of 4,701
Quote:
Soundwise the Pro 80s are very nice. Most everything written about them here is true. My only complaint, as I have stated, is the size of the earcups. They are significantly smaller than those on the HI2050s which I find perfect. Because of this I prefer the 2050s just slightly over the Pro80s.

cubdog

If that is the case, the culprit must be the pads, since most everything else are the same components, so changing the pads should give you the best of both worlds.
I am not quite finished, but recently I tore my Pro 80's and HI 2050's apart and compared them.

I have modded my Pro80's and they replaced my JVC HA-RX700/900 in the office and I would almost bet I could mod a pair of HI2050's to the exact same outcome (provided the drivers ARE the same, specs and looks suggest they are).

I compare the two phones here (work in progress): http://www.mcfrede.dk/projects/takstar_hi_2050_pro_80_design_review/takstar_hi_2050_pro_80_design_review_01.shtml
...and here I mod my Pro 80's: http://www.mcfrede.dk/projects/takstar_pro_80_headphone_mods/takstar_pro_80_headphone_mods_01.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread

Back