The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #693 of 4,701
Quote:
Any release date info o. The takstar HD 6000s?

they're now available in China's taobao. A bit pricier than Pr080 , they cost 799 yuan or 122 USD. I want to take the plunge but Im broke and just bought a new IEM 
biggrin.gif
. When I asked the seller about the SQ, he just told me that theyre better than the pro80 and could  not eleborate further maybe because of language barrier. Well, I am expecting them to sound better than pro80 because they're now the new Takstar flagship.

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #696 of 4,701
Thanks for the heads up on aliexpress. I was also wondering if anyone has an opinion between the hd3000 or the hd5000? I was wanting something portable for airline travel with fairly good isolation and clear mids and bass. Thank you for any help you can give.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #697 of 4,701
Just an update on my Pro80, I've been really getting back into podcasts and whatnot, and these are the perfect headphones for them, IMO. The isolation and neutrality of the headphones makes it great for on the go use especially. Loving them for electronic music as well. Still my second favorite pair of headphones I have ever owned (behind AKG Q701, which costs over twice as much)

About 150 hours into these headphones, with the aftermarket Brainwavz pads, these are my top recommended bargain headphones. If you are considering purchasing the Pro80, just go ahead and get them. They are versatile, comfortable, and they sound better than nearly anything under 150 bucks. If you do get them, do yourself a huge favor and purchase a pair of Brainwavz HM5 pads, comfort is boosted big time. You won't be disappointed. :)

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #700 of 4,701
Near as I can tell, the hierarchy for Takstar puts the HD6000 ($150) over the Pro 80 ($90-100), and TS-671 ($60+) over the HI 2050 ($45-60) for closed and open phones respectively. The HD6000s are now available on Ali, as are all of the others. It would be very interesting for someone to compare these to the Somic MH463 ($45-60) and EFi-82MT ($45-50). I wonder if there are any sub-$100 headphones from the usual suspects that can compete with the Takstar and Somics...

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #701 of 4,701
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered the 2050 and the HD3000.  I am new to audiophille world, but I do like it!  I would love any feedback on the HD3000s if anyone has tried them out.  I love MrEleventy's detachable mod BTW.  Can't wait to try it out on mine.

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #702 of 4,701
Reposting from the Deals Thread.

Quote:
The Gemini HSR-1000 is back on sale at Woot!.  $58 (+ $5.00 Shipping).  It is about as low as you will see it.

http://tech.woot.com/offers/hsr-1000-studio-headphones-2

And quoting myself from this one, since the stock pads were a bit small for me:

Quote:
I replaced the stock pads on my Pro 80s with a set of SRH940 pads, fit and feel are excellent. Not as big a step up from my broken-in HI2050 pads as I was expecting in terms of how the velour feels, but the SRH940 pads start out soft, while the HI2050 pads took a little time to get there. The 940 pads have a thicker material covering the cup opening than the Pro 80 pads, but without A-Bing I didn't notice a drop off in the highs. As Claus mentions a few pages back, switching from pleather to velour pads has the predictable effect on SQ - bass is slightly reduced due to the loss of seal around the ear, and sound stage increases. Still plenty of bass, and decidedly less claustrophobic, while still eliminating the sound leakage from open headphones that wakes up the Missus whenever I get a missile lock playing Battlefield 3 (it's a rather high-pitched whine that can fill a room when using the HI2050s).

The 940 pads also leave a bit more room inside the earcup for my ears. While I haven't had a ton of head-time with the stock pads on the Pro 80s yet and they (or perhaps my ears) would have no doubt broken in nicely given the chance, I've just been spoiled by the comfort of the HI2050s and didn't care to wait.

Shure HPAEC940 Replacement Velour Ear Pads for SRH940

I'm also planning to swap the Pro 80 pads onto the HI2050s to get an idea of the tradeoffs to soundstage and bass. If it goes well (or maybe just for giggles), I'll order the Brainwavz HM5 pads (or an equivalent, since there are numerous rebrands of that headphone too, and while I hear the Fischer ones are the best I haven't found a source for just the pads).

Brainwavz HM5 Spare Earpad 1pc

Also, the Shure velours are currently $16.55 with free shipping on orders over $25.

I'm currently using the HM5 pads on the Pro 80s for the additional isolation & reduction in sound leakage relative to the Shures, which have found a more permanent home on the HI 2050s, and loving them both.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #704 of 4,701
I recently got the superlux 681 evo and while the general sound quality is good.. they sound like $50 headphones. I'd say the takstar pro80 are bound to be better.. but I haven't heard them so it's a guess.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #705 of 4,701
I had superlux hp's like hd668b and all the variants of 681 and none of them can beat pro80 in all departments but never listened to hd660 so i can not comment on this. I stopped buying superlux hp's and sold them all  when i discovered takstar. I'm planning to buy the HD6000 next week but I want to audition them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back