The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #708 of 4,701
Quote:
Hey Claus-DK, I know you research cheaper phones and I was wondering if you have come across any planar magnetic/Hifiman like phones that are cheap?

If you have not tried Fostex t50rp you should give it a try. It's the only headphone I've tried in the sub $100 segment that can compete with the Pro80.

I've only done some easy mods on mine but the result so far is stunning.

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #709 of 4,701
Thanks, I have heard the foster can do some wonderful things when modded and its on my list for sure. Have you or anyone else come across a planar magnetic cheap like the takstar does with the dt990 ect.... Maybe a cheap knockoff of the Hifiman or the like?

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #710 of 4,701
Quote:
Thanks, I have heard the foster can do some wonderful things when modded and its on my list for sure. Have you or anyone else come across a planar magnetic cheap like the takstar does with the dt990 ect.... Maybe a cheap knockoff of the Hifiman or the like?

The Fostex are the cheapest planar magnetics I've found.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #714 of 4,701
Apr 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #717 of 4,701
Namely a comparison in sound signature and sonic qualities. How do the soundstages compare? Is there any roll off on one versus the other? How is bass quality (extension, attack and decay, etc.)? Any notably recessed areas? Instrument imaging and separation?

Not sure it really matters though; I'm fairly positive I'll be ordering these within the next couple weeks. :xf_eek:

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #718 of 4,701
Namely a comparison in sound signature and sonic qualities. How do the soundstages compare? Is there any roll off on one versus the other? How is bass quality (extension, attack and decay, etc.)? Any notably recessed areas? Instrument imaging and separation?

Not sure it really matters though; I'm fairly positive I'll be ordering these within the next couple weeks. :xf_eek:

I think someone here has a set for 50, technical pro version. just get it. :D I found the 2050 more engaging than the 463s. Livelier.

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #719 of 4,701
Welp, just got a set of the 2050's from Ali for $46  shipped. 2-3 weeks and I should have them in hand if it's anything like the last two things I ordered through Ali.

(Willpower... nonexistent...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back