The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 3, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #634 of 4,701
Quote:
Not an attack on you at all, just to explain why i write the same things over and over again, I am sure I will write it later again..

I think Keller1 was referring to brainwash while it actually is brainwavz

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #636 of 4,701
just got them
sound better than the hi-2050s, more bass and less harsh on the ears by a bit.

Also the stock earpads are comfy which is surprising.

I recommend these over the hi 2050s, nice box too.
Coiled cord is also nice.

Sound about as good as my old dt-770s

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #637 of 4,701
I just ordered a pair of the Pro 80 Gemini version. As much as I like the HI-2050s I couldn't resist. I'm not crazy about the coiled cord but I guess I'll get used to it. Now I really have to sell off some headphone I'm not listening to. They will be here Thursday.

cubdog

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #638 of 4,701
Quote:
just got them
sound better than the hi-2050s, more bass and less harsh on the ears by a bit.

Also the stock earpads are comfy which is surprising.

I recommend these over the hi 2050s, nice box too.
Coiled cord is also nice.

Sound about as good as my old dt-770s

which headphone?

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #640 of 4,701
I got my Gemini HSR1000 headphones yesterday. I love their sound, looks and quality. But I got a big surprise with the actual size of the ear pads. The Gemini pads are significantly smaller than the Takstar HI2050 pads. I'm pretty sure I have read all 43 pages of this thread, more than once. I can't remember anyone mentioning this difference. I'm really disappointed about this because I do think  they sound a bit better than the 2050's but they don't fit completely around my ears. The Geminis are definitely  not as comfortably as the Takstars. Now I'm confused as to what replacement pad to buy. I'd prefer some velours but want to make sure they are large enough. For the record, the inner dimensions of my Gemini pads are 2 and 1/2 by 1 and 1/4. The Takstars measure 2 and 3/4 by 1 and 3/4. Any replacement pad suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry to bring up the subject of pads again but maybe it will help someone else with this problem as well.

cubdog

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #642 of 4,701
Quote:
HM5/FA-003 pads fit perfect and are also very comfortble.

I have the Jaycar version so I could try them on the Gemini. I'm surprised they will fit as they appear to be much larger than the Gemini. How about velours?  Are the Shures still the best bet? Can anyone give me the inner dimensions on those?

cubdog

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #644 of 4,701
Quote:
 Just wondering which is better:
 A superlux 668b/samson sr850 or a takstar hi2050 or techinical pro.

Already bought the 668b, and I'm having buyers guilt. (I can't return it, don't live in the u.s.)

That is a subjective question. Impossible to answer. The best to me might be different to you or to someone else. That said, I love my Takstar HI2050s and my Gemini version of the Pro 80. I think the Pro 80s sound a bit better but the Takstars are more comfortable. I haven't heard the others.

cubdog

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #645 of 4,701
 Just wondering which is better:

A superlux 668b/samson sr850 or a takstar hi2050 or techinical pro.

Already bought the 668b, and I'm having buyers guilt. (I can't return it, don't live in the u.s.)

Aren't you happy with your pair of 668Bs or what is up :)? If you can't change it, don't worry about it, the 668Bs are a nice pair of headphones so you probably wouldn't become more happy just because you had bought the other headphone... because if you did then you'd probably be asking about the other headphone :wink:. Smile and play a good song instead and don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back