The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #346 of 4,695
Quote:
If you have listened to both, can't you give me a comparison of their SQ?

cubdog

I guess i can dig out my HM5 from where ever their hiding and compare them.

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #351 of 4,695
Just received my Hi2050 in the mail today. The build is solid, the headphones are bigger then i thought, not the lightest pair, but still very comfy. I'm still pretty new in this audiophile thing. This is my first pair of good headphones, i see what kind of impression i can give.

I'm using it on my computer with a Xonar DG sound card. I had a pair of Sony MDR-V150 before. The bass on the hi2050 is much crisp, the mid is crystal clear compare to the sony's. The one thing that really surprises me is the dynamic range, I'm currently testing the headphone with the movei Tron Legacy. I watched that movie in different surround sounds setup at my friend's and im pretty happy with what hi2050 can do with the dolby headphone mode. 

I also plugged it in my iphone 4s for a few songs and I'm pretty happy with what i get here. The soundstage is big! I would like to learn how to "listen" eventually to compare the good and great headphones.

I'll write up my impression after more testing.

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #352 of 4,695
Quote:
Vice-versa, would the hi2050 velour pads give the bigger soundstage on PRO80?

As I own both the Hi2050 and Pro 80.
Originally I heald off buying the Pro 80, hopefully that they would offer the Pro 80 with Velour ear pads.
But I went ahead and bought the Pro 80 when there was a good sale price at Woot.
I like the Pro 80s with the leather ear pads just fine, really can't see a reason anyone would want to swap them for the Velour.

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #354 of 4,695
Quote:
I like the Pro 80s with the leather ear pads just fine, really can't see a reason anyone would want to swap them for the Velour.

Because we can my friend..
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #355 of 4,695
I see sellers on taobao are selling hi2050 with the option of buying leather pro80 pads. Buyers are leaving excellent reviews. It seems with that combination you are having sound of pro80 but with the bigger soundstage due to the hi2050 semi-open design. I din't tested it myself, I'm just reading what the others have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back