The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 26, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #363 of 4,701
Hey guys:

Do you know if any of these chinese websites sells any velour type ear pads the same size as the EDT250 pads? (fits Beyer DT250/DT280, Sony 7506/V6)

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #364 of 4,701
Lurker joining the convo.

Just got my Gemini HSR-1000s(Takstar 80s).

Packaging gave a really good impression and the headphones didn't disappoint when I unboxed. The metal on the headphones has some tiny places where it looks like the paint chipped a bit and I can see the metal underneath. You have to look pretty hard though. Comes with a felt-ish carry bag which is a pretty good deal.

Been listening for half an hour straight. I like the sound a lot. Side-by-side with my AD700s these are definitely superior. I didn't expect these phones to have such a present low-end, but it's the first set of closed cans I've owned so I should have seen that coming. It's fantastic though, strong without overpowering the mids. Soundstage obviously not as big as the AD700s but still easily able to discern between the sound sources. Mids are solid, don't feel super special but highs are crystal clear. I'm loving these for electronica.

Not powering these with anything special, Asus DG in my desktop. I haven't tried them with my nexus or other small sources but I'll update when I do.

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #365 of 4,701
Quote:
I'm loving these for electronica.

I totally agree.

Considering the price the Pro80 (Gemini1000) really deliver the goods.

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #366 of 4,701
PArnolds Hi2050 Review

Test Tracks/Albums:
Crosby Stills Nash: Just a song before I go
Andrea Bocelli: Silenzio
Depeche Mode: Personal Jesus
Chesky Four Seasons - Vivaldi 
Supertramp - Breakfast In America
Pendulum - Immersion 
Katie Melua - Piece by Piece 
Pink Floyd - DSOTM

Build: First thing I noticed is how well the headphones were built, the aluminium feels/looks great, and the velour earpads although aren’t the highest quality of velour, they’re very comfortable. I've been wearing them for 2 hours straight. 

Top of the cushion

Overall, Sound is incredible, completely wowed. 

Bass: nice and tight (not super tight though), not bass-light or too heavy, I think they’re perfect as an all-rounder. Sounds great on instruments and electronic tracks, very well balanced

Mids; - The money maker, voices sound absolutely amazing, so much detail, the best I’ve heard from a headphone yet. Really shines on vocal tracks. Put a pretty big smile on my face

Highs - Beautiful, very nice and clear, crisp. Almost a bit bright, but not fatiguing at all.

Soundstage -  Shines especially on songs with a lot of separated instruments,  (Jazz, PF), you definitely can hear a lot of depth as well as width.

These are a steal for the price. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #367 of 4,701
Quote:
Mids; - The money maker, voices sound absolutely amazing, so much detail, the best I’ve heard from a headphone yet. Really shines on vocal tracks. Put a pretty big smile on my face. 

Really? This is my main issue with these headphones. Vocals sound too distant.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #370 of 4,701
Quote:
What are you listening to? 

Mostly metal. female vocals are alright but male vocals are kinda sloppy. But then again the 2050 has metal as it's weakest genre.
Quote:

Huh. Haven't heard that one before... They don't seem distant to me at all. Maybe your pair has a slight malfunction and/or deviation from the others?

Perhaps, perhaps i'm spoiled by the liquid mids of my 5M.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #372 of 4,701
Hi Guys

I just bought a pair of Takstar 2050 and am very happy with them. I feel they would perform better if they were recabled with some Mogami quad, which I find is a great cable for headphones. Searching through the thread I could not see where any body else has carried out recabling for the 2050. Before I attempt to do it I have a few questions:

1) How do the velor covers come off?
2) How do you get from the left ear cup to the right ear cup so that you can recable it all the way through?
3) has anybody else recabled them and do you have any advice?

Many thanks

Seasons Greetings and all the best for the New Year

Regards

Pegwill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back